Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update broke my TL-WN725N USB Wireless Adapter

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Update broke my TL-WN725N USB Wireless Adapter in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Everything worked fine before the Anniversary Update. Now i cannot setup a hotspot. I reinstalled the drivers that Windows installs by default for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dt35, Sep 12, 2016.

1. dt35 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update broke my TL-WN725N USB Wireless Adapter

Everything worked fine before the Anniversary Update. Now i cannot setup a hotspot. I reinstalled the drivers that Windows installs by default for the device (Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter - worked before the update). Tried to update it from Device Manager, but there is no new update. Also tried with the latest drivers from http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WN725N.html#Driver.
    When I typed in cmd netsh wlan show drivers it says: Hosted network supported : No
    For setting up the hotspot i use http://www.mypublicwifi.com/publicwifi/en/index.html.
    Can you guys help?

:)

2. Windows 10 - Wifi - Limited Connection only

I have the same problem on my PC.

Wifi connect well at first, then it turns to be limited.

My wireless usb adapter is TP-link TL-WN725N V1.

I tried update driver but the latest driver is from 2012.

I guess it just works fine on windows 7.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update broke my TL-WN725N USB Wireless Adapter :(

khoianha10, Sep 12, 2016
  3. JohnROG Win User
    Atheros AR9485WB-EG misery

Same here , i disabled internal card Atheros and now i use a TP-LINK TL-WN725N USB Adapter with 0 problems Windows 10 Anniversary Update broke my TL-WN725N USB Wireless Adapter :) in Windows 10.

JohnROG, Sep 12, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

You may want to try this:
    go to Device Mnager and Uninstall WiFi Driver. If there a Box saying "Delete Driver", check it
    If it is a combo card (Wifi+BT), delete also the BT Driver.
    Open Programs and Features
    Delete Software for Wifi and BT
    Reboot
    Go again to Device manager , look for WiFi Card and right-click and select "Update Driver", Windows will look online for the right Drivers
    If Windows did not find drivers, then install the ORIGINAL Drivers you have got with your PC or Download them from your PC Manucturer.
    If this does not work, best option is roll back to previous OS version.

Adalwar, Sep 12, 2016
  5. dt35 Win User
    I've already tried all of your suggestions, except rolling back the OS, which i would rather not do.
    Anything else i could try?

6. Adalwar Win User
    I have no more Options for you. If you did "Brute Force" uninstall Drivers and Reinstalled and still does not work, it does not look good.
    Good luck.

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Update broke my TL-WN725N USB Wireless Adapter - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update broke

2. TP-Link TL-WN722N wireless adapter often keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TP-Link TL-WN722N wireless adapter often keeps disconnecting: I bought TP-Link TL-WN722N adapter and connected the internet via wireless. But the connection isn't stable and when I restart windows 10 the adapter seems offline and not working. I need to unplug and plug the usb cable to get the adapter to work and connect. What can I do...
  3. Seems like this latest update broke my xbox wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seems like this latest update broke my xbox wireless adapter: After formating my PC, my xbox wireless adapter just doesn't work anymore. It's recognized as XBOX ACC. Even going to the microsoft catalog and trying every single driver for windows available, it just doesn't recognize it as a compatible driver (yes, I have extracted the...
  4. Version 20H2 Broke Xbox Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Version 20H2 Broke Xbox Wireless Adapter: Following the update to version 20H2, both of my official Xbox Wireless Adapters the 2018 and 2014 versions ceased working. This has happened with all three of my machines: a brand new desktop, an older desktop with a clean install, and a laptop updated from version 2004. I...
  5. Updating High Gain Wireless TL-WN822N

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating High Gain Wireless TL-WN822N: Hello, I just purchased a new Dell Inspiron 24 5000 Touch Screen All in One computer. I used to use a TP-Link TL-WN822N High Gain Wireless Adapter on my old computer to enhance my Wi-Fi reception. With my new computer, what updated version of the High Gain Wireless Adapter...
  6. TL-WN725N device not connect to my pc

TL-WN725N device not connect to my pc: Hello sir. In preveous days i face problem >The device TL-WN725N is not connecting to my computer. i have installed drivers for TP-LINK but its not working. please sir tell me what should i do. ....
  7. Windows Anniversary Update broke HP printer

Windows Anniversary Update broke HP printer: I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8625 that worked fine until the windows 10 Anniversary update. It is connected via Ethernet. I can print to the printer fine from iphones, etc. so printer is ok. Windows keeps thinking the printer has gone offline. When I run the troubleshooter,...
  8. Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter

Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter: I've been using an Asus USB-AC56 wireless adapter with my desktop. Windows 10 Pro with Anniversary Update. This wireless adapter used to work well with my desktop before the Anniversary Update, and now it connects for a little while and then disconnects. Windows actually...
  9. Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary

Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary: After the same grief I had upgrading to 10, I was finally able to upgrade to 1607 (anniversary version). My wireless usb adapter worked flawlessly for internet access all through the update, however once completed, and it restarted to the 1607 update, my usb adapter went...
  10. TP Link Nano Wifi TL-WN725N 'Can't connect to this network'

TP Link Nano Wifi TL-WN725N 'Can't connect to this network': hi i recently bought this nano wifi to connect internet from my wifi router and it was working fine but since yesterday its just not connecting to my wifi and says cannot connect but its connecting to other devices like my mobile when i open hotspot and i reinstalled the...