Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Hosed my Calendar

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Update Hosed my Calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I found out that the Anniversary Update which I downloaded and installed on August 3rd completely hosed all my calendar entries (Windows 10 Calendar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Draclvr, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Draclvr Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Hosed my Calendar

I found out that the Anniversary Update which I downloaded and installed on August 3rd completely hosed all my calendar entries (Windows 10 Calendar App) for the last several years. I have a lot of medical information - not critical, of course - but handy and important for me that was erased.

Is there any way to get this information back? I do use Carbonite on line backup and I have a system image from about 2 months ago, but I really don't want to go that route as I live in the country and it took almost a day and a half for the Anniversary Update to download.

Any suggestions or am I just screwed?

:)

Draclvr, Aug 28, 2016

2. Anniversary Update issues, reinstalled win 8 - can I upgrade to win10 for free?

The windows 10 Anniversary Update hosed my PC. Tried to reset, and it did not fix the many issues. Reinstall Win 8 from OEM media - can I still get the Windows 10 free upgrade? I liked Windows 10 until the Anniversary update.

TerryGTampa, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Outlook Icloud access lost in W10 anniversary update

When Windows 10 anniversary update was downloaded on my laptop I found that all of my Outlook contacts and calendar entries had disappeared. I use icloud for both of these so clearly the update did something to stop icloud access. I managed to go back to
    my pre-anniversary update Windows 10 Build and the missing contacts and calendar entries reappeared.

Is this a known issue?

Is there a fix for this?

NormanHuckerby, Aug 28, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

I don't mean this to sound mean, but if the data was that important, you probably should have used an online calendar backing (Calendar can use your Outlook.com, Hotmail, etc.. calendar if you link them).

I'm curious though.. how do you have several years of calendar data in a calendar app that is only a year old?

Mystere, Aug 28, 2016
  5. Draclvr Win User
    You aren't mean at all! I do back up religiously, but it never occurred to me that the Anniversary Update would wipe out everything. I've been using the Calendar app since Windows 8 and then Windows 8.1. When I did the Windows 10 upgrade, all my stuff was still in the Calendar app from when I first started using it. I also use the Mail app to monitor numerous emails for our American Legion post and everything in that app was still there just fine. As were all my settings for the numerous places around the globe that I monitor in the Weather app. The only one that got wiped out was the Calendar app.

Draclvr, Aug 28, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Seems the key would be to work out where the Calendar app stores its data... have you researched that?
    I would expect it to be in
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps in the folder related to Calendar.

Now note normally access is blocked for security reasons. That would suggest your backups- even if your backup was specified to include this- did not include the folder. (A disk image would, of course).

See e.g.
    How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10
    on how to get access to this.

Sadly some have experienced data not being transferred in other areas with these upgrades (1511 and this one).

And you could provide feedback to MS of course..

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Hosed my Calendar - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Hosed

2. This last update hosed my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This last update hosed my laptop: After this last update auto update my computer has had nothing but problems. The Start menu and Search Box don't work at all. The mouse settings are backwards. And, I can't get to Settings to reverse. Settings are nowhere to be found.I can't tell what Window version was...
  3. This last update hosed my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This last update hosed my laptop: After this last update auto update my computer has had nothing but problems. The Start menu and Search Box don't work at all. The mouse settings are backwards. And, I can't get to Settings to reverse. Settings are nowhere to be found.I can't tell what Window version was...
  4. This last update hosed my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update hosed my computer settings

Windows update hosed my computer settings: I had a windows update on my machine about 2 weeks ago and there was a restart. When I logged back in it had caused outlook and office pro to stop working and every time I tried to restart outlook it would go into a repair state that never did fix the problem. My docs...
  6. Windows 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary update: Please bear with me.. I'm on my phone.. the Anniversary update must have taken over my computer. But.. is 5 hours normal? It did restart like it said a couple of times and the last percentage I saw was 59%, then the reboot again. It is "still" working on something. The circle...
  7. Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update: Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I updated, repaired every game I have . I am tempted to buy windows10pro and block updates if I can. sorry for the rant I am...
  8. Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.: So , I got a laptop with Windows 10 about a month ago. I had some problems with blue screen and things which happen sometimes but I am fine with it as it doesn't happen that often. Right now , my PC keeps insisting to update to Windows 10 Anniversary edition and everytime...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I have read other threads on this subject and have not found the solution to my problem in them. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade Assistant Icon appeared on my desktop. I began the process to update and received the error, SOMETHING WENT WRONG (code 0x80070057). Then...
  10. Hosed update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosed update: I have a dual boot set up (Linux + Windows) and my Win 10 partition is hosed since last update. The automatic repair will not accomplish anything and neither will advanced options get me anywhere. However, I can access the documents in the Win10 partition when I boot into...