Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update now available for Windows 10 Mobile

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Update now available for Windows 10 Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Update 8/16/16: The Windows 10 Anniversary Update has begun rolling out for Windows 10 Mobile. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Anniversary Update now available for Windows 10 Mobile

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date[/quote]

Brink, Aug 15, 2016
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Windows 10 Mobile is pretty slick now. No slight pause anymore when logging in with Device Encryption on and adding a camera button to the lockscreen is a nice touch.

Only encountered two problems. The first is they must have changed the way the Alarms app handles 'Daylight Savings Time', because the alarm decided to wake me up an hour early today at GMT time, instead of British Summer Time. Then to top it off, it wasn't possible to turn the alarm off, as hitting dismiss just made it keep going off again. Nice. Deleting all the saved alarms and re-adding them seems to have cured it though.

The second is Microsoft have decided to give yet another one of their apps one of those hideously obnoxious tiles. Yup, the Skype Preview app now follows Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, etc. is having a non-customisable, grotesque tile. Dear Microsoft, if you decide that you're going to override the users settings and display your own ugly tiles, instead of the using the users theme, then I'm going to unpin or uninstall those apps pretty much straight away. Either make the tiles the same as the rest of the tiles so that they match the users theme, or allow the user to override the apps default tile colour to match their theme.

:)

ARC1020, Aug 16, 2016
  3. Lumia 430 OS question?

When would Windows 10 Anniversary update be available for Lumia 430? My spouse' phone is having Windows 10 OS however please let me specifically when the Anniversary update of the Mobile OS would be available.

NirmalenduMukherjee, Aug 16, 2016
  4. S'eko Win User

Windows 10 mobile Anniversary Update

Hi

When is the Anniversary Update for Windows 10 Mobile available in South. Africa

S'eko, Aug 16, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    I guess they're still not sending it out to 512MB devices! *Sad

Edwin, Aug 16, 2016
  6. Anyone know when the Anniversary build will be available via WDRT?

kaieivindm, Aug 17, 2016
  7. PJLLB Win User
    Installed on two Lumia 950XL. One installed flawlessly, and the other not so much. I had to WDRT the second one because the process stopped cold in the migrating data phase. The second installation went fine.

Still waiting for the update to the camera app to get the panorama function.

PJLLB, Aug 17, 2016
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary Update now available for Windows 10 Mobile

So you got the 14393 Version from WDRT? I have tool Version 3.9.20701 and can only get hold of 10586.13169. *Sad

kaieivindm, Aug 17, 2016
  9. ARC1020 Win User
    Same. It appears to be still only be available to people on the Insider Fast Ring at the moment. According to THIS article, the Panorama function was released to insiders in Version 2016.715.21.0 of the camera app. As a non-insider, the camera app on my phone is still showing 2016.404.191.0, which would explain the lack of panorama function.

Waiting for the new Microsoft Authenticator app to be released too.

ARC1020, Aug 18, 2016
  10. PJLLB Win User
    I installed the update after running WDRT. The second try worked fine.

PJLLB, Aug 19, 2016
  11. Trust_No1 Win User
    Trust_No1, Aug 19, 2016
  12. Winuser Win User
    I very happy with my Lumia 640XL. I will only go back to a Android phone when I can no longer buy a Windows phone. Apple has never been on my want list and probably never will.

Winuser, Aug 20, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

Same here, I have few reasons for that opinion.
    After few years of Android use and Symbian before that, my first reason is familiarity with system because of almost exclusive use of windows on computers.
    Another reason is integration and interfacing with desktop and other computers. There was only one Symbian phone I could successfully connect back up and control from XP and with several Androids I had, almost no luck at all. Best I could do is to download pictures and eventually backup phone numbers.
    With my Lumia 640 I can do that several ways (I have 14905.100) on it. My brother's Lumia 535 which is still on W8 it's possible too.

CountMike, Aug 21, 2016
  14. batlhilz Win User
    im still cursing the win10 and windows phones for not having USB-tethering - its mandatory for me and cause of that, i need to stick on Jolla *Sad *Sad

batlhilz, Aug 21, 2016
  15. bayustev Win User
    guys, i'm planing to buy lumia 540 after i lost my android phone.

can i upgrade it to windows 10 os?
    please kinda new to microsoft phone here. is it good?

bayustev, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Update now available for Windows 10 Mobile - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update available

2. Is anniversary update available on windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is anniversary update available on windows 10 home?: Is anniversary update available on windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-anniversary-update-available-on-windows-10-home/ae33bd53-4d67-4f23-9191-cbaa4f3c069e
  3. Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft ends support for Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update: A while ago Microsoft confirmed that it plans to end support for older versions of Windows 10 and last week the company finally brought the shutters down by pulling support for the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update version 1607. Microsoft had announced that it will end...
  4. Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update For 512MB Devices?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update For 512MB Devices?: I was under the impression that Lumia devices with 512MB RAM weren't going to be get getting the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update, however today I turned on my old Lumia 635 to double-check a question I replied to on this forum earlier and it updated itself to the Windows...
  5. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2: Been out of loop for a while,can I still get this update? Running version 1511 now,is this a free upgrade?. Are their a lot of changes or should I stick to my current version. Thanks for any tips on this. 59543
  6. New Skype Preview now on mobile with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Preview now on mobile with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update: On August 16th 2016 we’re excited to release the new Skype Preview to Windows 10 Mobile with the Anniversary Update. Just like our new experience built into the desktop Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the updated Skype Preview for Windows phone has been redesigned from the...
  7. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2: *ArrowWindows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums [img] Today we’re excited to announce the next major update to Windows 10 – the Windows 10 Anniversary Update – is coming on August 2. We are committed to delivering continuous innovation to you: including...
  8. Windows 10 Mobile May Cumulative Update 10586.318 Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile May Cumulative Update 10586.318 Now Available: Windows 10 Mobile May Cumulative Update 10586.318 Now Available for Download Windows 10 Mobile 10586.318 •Reliability, performance and stability improvements. •Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off....
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Surface Hub now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Surface Hub now available: Starting today, October 13th, the Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Surface Hub will be released to customers through Windows Update. Since we began shipping Surface Hubs in March, we’ve been inspired by how customers such as Bartlitt Beck, European School of Management...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Update SDK Now Available!

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update SDK Now Available!: Today I’m pleased to announce that following the Windows 10 Anniversary Update we have released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update SDK, build 14393 along with Visual Studio 2015 Update 3. The new SDK contains more than 2700 enhancements to the Universal Windows Platform...