Windows 10: Windows 10 Anniversary Update reaches Release Preview milestone

Discus and support Windows 10 Anniversary Update reaches Release Preview milestone in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the last step before its official rollout to the public on August 2, Microsoft has begun delivering Windows 10 version 1607 to the Release Preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Anniversary Update reaches Release Preview milestone

Read more: Windows 10 Anniversary Update reaches Release Preview milestone | ZDNet

Windows 10 Anniversary Update reaches Release Preview milestone [​IMG]
    Tip How to Choose Your Insider Level on your Windows 10 PC

:)

Brink, Jul 28, 2016

2. Is Build 10240 the actual Windows 10 OS?

Build 10240 is the public release of Windows 10.

Is the version of Windows 10 made available July 29th 2015 recommended for everyday use?

The Windows 10 (which was made available to the general public on July 29th 2015) is a complete copy of the software that is designated as ready and fit for use in production environments. To reach this milestone, a particular build has to go through
    a series of thorough regression test and optimizations to reach a level of quality satisfactory for production. Unlike pre-release builds of Windows 10 the Windows 10 available today does not expire.

What does RTM mean?

RTM means Release to Manufacturering; which is a milestone in software development. Not specifically relevant to Windows 10, but symbolically in the past, it determined when a build is ready for production environments where it can be deployed
    and be used for everyday computing and preloaded on new computers.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2016
  3. differences betweem w10insider and w10final after 29jul?

Is this a final release I can use on my computer?

The Windows 10 RTM final release (which will be available starting July 29th 2015) is complete copy of the software that is designated as ready and fit for use in production environments. To reach RTM, a particular build has to go through a series
    of thorough regression test and optimizations to reach a level of quality satisfactory for production. Unlike pre-release builds of Windows 10 the Windows 10 RTM build does not expire.

What does RTM mean?

RTM means Release to Manufacturering; which is a milestone in the software development. Not specifically relevant to Windows 10, but symbolically in the past, it determined when a build is ready for production environments where it can be deployed
    and be used for everyday computing and preloaded on new computers.

The Windows 10 Insider Preview is still pre-release code.

Will I be able to upgrade from the Windows 10 Insider Preview to the final release?

Yes, you will be able to upgrade from the Windows Insider Preview to the RTM build for free.

Company officials have noted though if you join the
    Windows Insider Program
    you will qualify for the free upgrade to the final release.

Latest confirmation:

When asked if there would be a cut off date for Insiders before Windows 10 reached RTM, Microsoft's Gabriel Aul stated that preview builds would continue being delivered up until the final release.

"We expect to keep flighting builds to Insiders all the way up to RTM. More details to come, but no cutoff planned."

Gabriel Aul on Twitter

After upgrading, you can switch to the Stable Channel.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary Update reaches Release Preview milestone

Thanks for heads up, I have changed settings accordingly, not really interested being on Fast ring. I just want AU. *Nerd

TairikuOkami, Jul 28, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Anybody know if it gets delivered via Windows Update as 14393.5 directly or do you get 14393.0 first and then a cumulative update to .5?

NavyLCDR, Jul 28, 2016
  6. DooGie Win User
    If the Anniversary Release is exactly the same as build 14393.5 will Insiders still receive the update?

I need the ESD for it.

DooGie, Jul 28, 2016
  7. I was posting the same question at the time yours came through - it would seem those running version 1607 Bld. 14393.5 are running the Anniversary Update already (??)

AthanasianCreed, Jul 28, 2016
  8. DooGie Win User

Looking at my collection of ISOs I just noticed I've got 14393 burnt to a dvd but I'd like a dvd or a usb key with the fully fledged version on it *Smile

DooGie, Jul 28, 2016
  9. AthanasianCreed, Jul 29, 2016
  10. Visited Microsoft TechNet forums & seen this announcement from today -

Hello forum users,
    I'm pleased to inform you that the Windows 10 Insider Preview forums are now locked and the released forums are now open. Please visit those forums here.
    Enjoy!

Hmmm...more proof that 14393.5 is the Anniversary Update??

AthanasianCreed, Jul 29, 2016
  11. fireberd Win User
    My insider version (what I'm using to post this) is at V1607, OS Build 14393.5.
    I had assumed this was going to be the Anniversary update.

fireberd, Jul 29, 2016
  12. sgage Win User
    I doubt it. But MS has already announced that the ISO will be available from their website very quickly (maybe even on the 2nd), so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

sgage, Jul 29, 2016
  13. sgage Win User

You assumed correctly. It is not a secret.

sgage, Jul 29, 2016
  14. DooGie Win User
    Thanks, that's what I like to hear *Smile

DooGie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Anniversary Update reaches Release Preview milestone - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update reaches

2. Windows 10 May 2019 Update released to Release Preview ring

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update released to Release Preview ring: Hello Windows Insiders, Last week, we announced how we are improving the Windows 10 update experience with the Windows 10 May 2019 Update in a blog post from Mike Fortin. As part of that blog post, Mike outlined how we plan to deploy the May 2019 Update to customers. Right...
  3. Milestone Integration Platform (MIP) SDK Private Preview Update

in Windows 10 News
    Milestone Integration Platform (MIP) SDK Private Preview Update: Summary Updating to this new build is required! Grab the latest here: https://aka.ms/mipsdkbins We've made some changes to the policy file that will break downlevel versions of the SDK. The new version is backward compatible. You'll want to update your SDK builds ASAP to...
  4. When Will the Windows 10 Redstone (Anniversary Update) be Released?

in Windows 10 Support
    When Will the Windows 10 Redstone (Anniversary Update) be Released?: Hello guys, I don't know if I posting in the right section, if I am not, go ahead to move it! *Biggrin But my question is, when is the Windows 10 Redstone Anniversary Update going to release? I read somewhere it was June 2016, but I have not got anything.*Huh *Think...
  5. DL win 10 anniversary update before official release

in Windows 10 Support
    DL win 10 anniversary update before official release: Will the anniversary update be available before its official release? I know sometimes the gold master versions are released several days early. 57354
  6. Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview Build 14388 Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview Build 14388 Released: Today, we released a new Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 14388 or greater). The Preview SDK is a pre-release and cannot be used in a production environment. Please only install the SDK on your test machine....
  7. Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Redstone) to be released on 2nd August

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Redstone) to be released on 2nd August: In a headline, with no body text, over at the Microsoft News Center, a press release is announcing that the Windows 10 Anniversary Update will be available on August 2nd. We’ve been expecting the update in late July, but this date is close. (updated to remove hasty calendar...
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview Build 14366 Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview Build 14366 Released: Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview Build 14366 Released Today, we released a new Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 14366 or greater). The Preview SDK is a pre-release and cannot be used in a production...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update scheduled for a late July release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update scheduled for a late July release: Windows 10 Anniversary Update scheduled for a late July release We reported earlier this month that Microsoft could release the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on PCs in July. This free update will bring many new features to Windows users such as a smarter Cortana, an...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview Build 14332 Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview Build 14332 Released: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Today, we released a new Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview to be used in conjunction with Windows 10 Insider Preview (Build 14332 or greater). The Preview SDK is a pre-release and cannot be used in a production environment....