Windows 10: Windows 10 annoying issue with login screen

Discus and support Windows 10 annoying issue with login screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi people, Sometimes when i wakeup my laptop the windows 10 login screen seems to be disabled i can't type my password in the password box and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rscalover, Jan 18, 2018.

1. rscalover Win User

Windows 10 annoying issue with login screen

Hi people,

Sometimes when i wakeup my laptop the windows 10 login screen seems to be disabled i can't type my password in the password box and i can't click the icons in the lower right corner to enter my password via the onscreen keyboard.Sometimes not always i cannot move the cursor so i thought the issue was being caused by my touchpad driver but i updated this driver issue remains and it is very annoying as the only choice i have left is holding down the power button to force a restart not healthy ....*Confused

:)

rscalover, Jan 18, 2018

2. Microsoft wants to know - Anyone seeing issues with the April updates KB3147461 and KB3147458?

Is anyone having issues on Infinite loop right after windows logo startup - as it if is trying to bring the login screen but it stuck at the dots going in circles? Very annoying as I can't login!!

RedPantera, Jan 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Keyboard keys not recognized until after log-in

After upgrading to Windows 10 the keyboard keys are not recognized at the user login screen. Luckily the mouse works which allows me to login with the on-screen keyboard. The keyboard and mouse are both Bluetooth devices. I should note that the keyboard
    sleep key is recognized at the login screen and the keyboard works normally once login has been completed. Using the on-screen keyboard is a work around but is a bit annoying. I have performed Windows updates to get latest keyboard driver and have also deleted
    the keyboard as a device and reloaded the key board by finding new devices in the device manager. No improvement to this issue as it continues to occur.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and / or found a solution to this problem? Thank you in advance for any insight or help with this issue.

Jeff Gilbreth, Jan 18, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Is the PC at all responsive to the physical keyboard? If so, try entering the famous "three-fingered salute" (CTRL-ALT-DEL). If you're lucky, you'll get a screen that reads (in a list format): Lock/Switch User/ Sign Out/Task Manager .... Cancel. You will almost always be able to regain use of the PC if you pick Task Manager or even Cancel (what I recommend). If that doesn't work make sure you open properties for mouse and keyboard, check the Power Management tab, and make sure that the box labeled "Allow this device to wake the computer" is checked.
    If none of this works, post again here and we'll bring out the heavier artillery!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

Windows 10 annoying issue with login screen [​IMG]

EdTittel, Jan 18, 2018
  5. rscalover Win User
    The famous combination CTRL + ALT +DEL doesn't do anything.This issue is hard to track because it happens once every few days actually this is the reason why i updated windows 10 to FCU hoping that would solve the problem.I'll check mouse and keyboard properties now.

rscalover, Jan 18, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Drat! The obvious stuff seldom works. Looking further down the road, the issue often seems to revolve around mouse and keyboard drivers (relatively easy) or sleep/wake issues (relatively hard and often incredibly vexing). Sorry for your troubles,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 18, 2018
  7. nbcaldon Win User
    Have you tried plugging in a USB mouse and / or keyboard?

nbcaldon, Jan 18, 2018
  8. rscalover Win User

"Allow this device to wake the computer" is checked for both mouse and keyboard i did try it with a wireless usb mouse did not work.I see my display driver is several versions behind could that be the problem ?.

rscalover, Jan 18, 2018
  9. hiphopper Win User
    It can be. I've seen several of my machines that failed to wake up properly after sleep (video corrupted, mouse not responding, screen fails to wake) and after a new video driver update the problem disappeared.

hiphopper, Jan 18, 2018
  10. rscalover Win User
    Well i'm not a fan of updating that driver because the last time i did something went wrong and i ended up with a black screen .It's an amd driver i'm just worried that black screen thing happens again.

rscalover, Jan 19, 2018
  11. Winuser Win User
    Download and install Macrium Reflect. Make the Macrium start disk. I use a usb flash drive. Then make a system image backup of your computer to a external drive. This way you can update your video card driver and if you get a black screen you can boot into Macrium and do a image restore to get back to a working OS.

Winuser, Jan 19, 2018
  12. rscalover Win User
    My display driver and my chipset drivers are successfully updated but i had to go to amd website to get the latest drivers as the latest driver that was available on hp website was dated 2015 i wonder why hp is so much behind in updates.

rscalover, Jan 19, 2018
  13. Winuser Win User

IMHO they are more concerned about selling new computers than supporting older computers. Give just enough support that that the customer will be willing to become a repeat customer.

Winuser, Jan 19, 2018
  14. IMHO they are more concerned about selling new computers than supporting older computers. Give just enough support that that the customer will be willing to become a repeat customer. Agreed. *Sad

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 annoying issue with login screen - Similar Threads - annoying issue login

2. Windows 11 login screen issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 login screen issue: Anyone having issues with logging into win11?It happens most days when I turn on the machine and requires a reboot sometimes 2 for it to login correctly Logging in using PinBuild 22621.2787...
  3. Windows 11 login screen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 login screen issue: Anyone having issues with logging into win11?It happens most days when I turn on the machine and requires a reboot sometimes 2 for it to login correctly Logging in using PinBuild 22621.2787...
  4. Issue login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue login screen: Hi,I have an issue I really don't understand and can't find equivalent after some internet researchs.I recovered a laptop hp pavillon g5, something like 10 years old from a family member, under Windows 7, i3, HDD, no GPU, 4 Gb RAM.About the issue :When booting in normal mode,...
  5. Issue login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue login screen: Hi,I have an issue I really don't understand and can't find equivalent after some internet researchs.I recovered a laptop hp pavillon g5, something like 10 years old from a family member, under Windows 7, i3, HDD, no GPU, 4 Gb RAM.About the issue :When booting in normal mode,...
  6. Incredibly Annoying Audio Issue with Windows 10??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incredibly Annoying Audio Issue with Windows 10??: I ordered a custom built gaming PC last month and ever since it arrived it's been having this annoying audio issue. I also have a laptop that I purchased at the beginning of this year that has the exact same problem. The audio doesn't feel right, it doesn't feel balanced like...
  7. Annoying Windows 10 WiFi Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying Windows 10 WiFi Issue: I'm having this really odd issue with WiFi on Windows 10.. I'm using WiFi in my uni dorm, i've brought my own access point so ive got my own WiFi set up essentially, but every so often windows shows as connected to the network but certain sites wont load, whilst this is...
  8. Annoying screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying screen: Screen scrolls up and down. Like someone else is using the mouse. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-screen/14d61af4-c95e-4dcb-bdb2-dc6d7fb7107b"
  9. Windows 10 lock screen annoyance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 lock screen annoyance: When I start up my computer I get a picture with time and date embossed upon it. After several mouse clicks I get to my sign-in page. Can someone please tell me now to arrange it so that the computer starts up in the sign in page 60824
  10. Login screen issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login screen issue: Hi! I updated Windows 10 to the Anniversary Edition and all went well... apart from one issue. When I boot or reboot the PC, and during the boot process, I notice that one of the new feature of Windows is to show the lock screen image as background (I repeat, during boot)....