Windows 10: Windows 10 - another update that I did not want has corrupted my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 - another update that I did not want has corrupted my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After uninstalling the windows 10 update assistant numerous times, changing registries to stop it from reinstalling, I left my computer on overnight.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeaconTodd, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - another update that I did not want has corrupted my computer

After uninstalling the windows 10 update assistant numerous times, changing registries to stop it from reinstalling, I left my computer on overnight. To my absolute delight the windows 10 update assistant had been reinstalled, and was about to install another update. I was too late to hit cancel so I let it run. Came back 8 hours later to find my computer in a constant loop (starting up, fixing update, attempting to go back to a previous version, crash, repeat). I got the installation program onto a USB, but that hasn't helped either. I can either reinstall windows 10 whilst keeping all my files, which it then tells me I can't as windows is already installed, or mess about with partition drives and lose everything. Any ideas on how to keep the damage to all my file at the minimum?

I do not have any previous versions of my PC saved.

cheers.

:)

DeaconTodd, Aug 21, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 wont update

Have you tried the second step?

(Searching for the error message e.g.

windows update database corrupt

is also a useful approach- e.g. finds
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    - where the next step is the one I suggested above).

dalchina, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2018
  4. RCoon Win User

Windows 10 - another update that I did not want has corrupted my computer

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - another update that I did not want has corrupted my computer

1. Windows 10 - another update that I did not want has corrupted my computer - Similar Threads - another update did

2. Windows update did something to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update did something to my computer: I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now when I boot up my computer it takes longer than usual, and after putting in my password I get put on a black screen for around 5 minutes, when my desktop finally pops up I get an error saying "windows cannot access the...
  3. Windows update did something to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update did something to my computer: I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now when I boot up my computer it takes longer than usual, and after putting in my password I get put on a black screen for around 5 minutes, when my desktop finally pops up I get an error saying "windows cannot access the...
  4. I DID NOT WANT WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I DID NOT WANT WINDOWS 11: I DID NOT WANT WINDOWS 11 installed in my computer but you **** installed it anyway! I want it off and I want you to keep your hands off my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-not-want-windows-11/d433ee11-09f6-4cc1-8601-ea70b1346fbf
  5. Windows 10 update has corrupted files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update has corrupted files: I downloaded the optional windows 10 update and now i get a bsod, it tries to repair itself and fails to do it, I've tried everything i found online and nothing has worked...
  6. Did I corrupt my Windows by mistake?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did I corrupt my Windows by mistake?: Reinstalled Windows, I have realized I've selected the wrong language, I have 2 users, one wasn't set up yet, but it was created. I added the language I want to use, tried to remove the one added by mistake. It signed me out, removed it, entered the second account, it bugged...
  7. Update has corrupted my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update has corrupted my computer: You have just performed an update on my new laptop and I get "Something happened and our PIN isn't available. Click to see up your PIN again." This opens a box for me to log into Microsoft but the keyboard doesn't work so I can't do anything. I have restarted the computer...
  8. i want to register another win10 computer with microsoft

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i want to register another win10 computer with microsoft: I am having difficulty registering with Microsoft a win10 computer I bought second hand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-register-another-win10-computer-with/882e0190-5c5a-48e1-95cb-e8f0b1e7794d
  9. Did Microsoft release another Windows 10 update by mistake?

in Windows 10 News
    Did Microsoft release another Windows 10 update by mistake?: Back in October 2019, Microsoft released an update intended for Autopilot-powered devices to its entire userbase; the company pulled the update soon thereafter. It appears that Microsoft made a similar mistake in December 2019 when it pushed yet another update designed for...
  10. Update is corrupt-I want to reinstall WIndows 10 and not lose programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update is corrupt-I want to reinstall WIndows 10 and not lose programs: Windows Update states: "There were problems installing some updates... The problem update is "Update for Microsoft Project Server 2010 (KB 2881024) farm-deployment - error 0X8007045b" I have tried six or more suggestions (i.e., DISM, etc.) but have not been able to fix it....