Windows 10: Windows 10 AntiVirus & Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows 10 AntiVirus & Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed my AntiVirus and Firewall was removed. My question is do I need to install another AntiVirus & Firewall or is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shastus, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Shastus Win User

Windows 10 AntiVirus & Windows Defender

I've upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed my AntiVirus and Firewall was removed. My question is do I need to install another AntiVirus & Firewall or is Windows Defender up to the job?

The AV & Firewall I had on was ZoneAlarm

:)

Shastus, Aug 23, 2015
  2. socklosk Win User

Using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall is not at all a bad idea. They work, and no annoyances to upgrade or anything.

socklosk, Aug 23, 2015
  3. eLPuSHeR Win User
    There is a sticky thread with all the antivirus software that works currently under Windows 10. Check it.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 23, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member
    Defender is not that bad. Add in Malware Bytes, for the win.

BunnyJ, Aug 23, 2015
  5. Shastus Win User
    Thank You will have a look at sticky thread might give Defender a go and get malware bytes.

Shastus, Aug 26, 2015
  6. fredc Win User

If you go with "Defender" make sure you update it , after my first clean install i realized it wasn't updated , took forever to update the first time like most AV's.

fredc, Aug 26, 2015
  7. Shastus Win User
    Thanks All ive gone with WD and MalwareBytes both updated fingers crossed

Shastus, Aug 26, 2015
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I haven't had any troubles with WD. Just use your head. *Cool

eLPuSHeR, Aug 26, 2015
  9. Victek Win User
    Note that the latest version 14.0.508.000 of the free ZoneAlarm AV + Firewall claims to be Windows 10 compatible. Also have a look at Panda Free AV 2016. I have it installed in a Windows 10 VM and it appears to work fine.

Regarding Windows Defender one thing I don't like is the lack of a persistent tray icon. I prefer that so I can see the status of my security software at a glance and notice a change immediately. Also how often does Windows Defender update and is updating reliable? I don't know.

Currently I'm using Webroot SecureAnywhere AV and MalwareBytes AntiMalware Pro; MBAM is a good idea along side whatever AV you use.

Victek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 AntiVirus & Windows Defender - Similar Threads - AntiVirus Defender

2. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  3. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  4. Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...: I can't the update and have a download error - 0x80070002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-security-intelligence-update/add704d4-2999-4231-89af-320230679300
  5. Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...

Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...: I can't the update and have a download error - 0x80070002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-security-intelligence-update/add704d4-2999-4231-89af-320230679300
  6. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  7. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  8. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...: Hello Team,Latest update will not download, hangs at Downloading - 0% endlessly...Any Ideas to help this along?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-for-microsoft/12a1eb0a-9ea8-4ed6-8ee2-d77853a97fdd
  9. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version...: Hello Team,Latest update will not download, hangs at Downloading - 0% endlessly...Any Ideas to help this along?thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-for-microsoft/12a1eb0a-9ea8-4ed6-8ee2-d77853a97fdd
  10. Win 11 Defender shows a trojan being blocked 6 or 7 times. I've run another antivirus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Defender shows a trojan being blocked 6 or 7 times. I've run another antivirus...: Defender shows a blocked trojan. Another antivirus program shows nothing. Should I be concerned about having a trojan in my system? Defender shows it has blocked this trojan 6 or 7 times. How do I get rid of it? I've run defender scans and it shows it blocked....