Windows 10: Windows 10 'app didn't start' error for all default apps!

Discus and support Windows 10 'app didn't start' error for all default apps! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I have been using Win 10 for about 1year now; had some glitches,this one is really troubling,hence the post. My system unfortunately contracted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Balu, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Balu Win User

Windows 10 'app didn't start' error for all default apps!

Hi!
    I have been using Win 10 for about 1year now; had some glitches,this one is really troubling,hence the post.
    My system unfortunately contracted some malware while browsing,including Trotux
    Not being much of a Tech expert,I rambled through what all I could lay handson,used AdwCleaner & MalwareBytes and was happy. But to my utter despair I could no longer use many Win 10 functionalities; cant acces the taskbar/start button,cant open pdf's with microsoft reader,windows photo viewer crashes,groove music crashes and the Store is nowhere tobe seen!
    Tried Safe booting,uninstalled the apps with cmd,tried powershell tweeks..none with results..
    I will be immensely grateful for any help
    Thankyou.

:)

2. App didn't start error on default apps! Permission problem?

Hi,

Since you have changed some of your device's permissions, that would also affect the way that the application would behave on your system. Those would include how you can change or even view some directories on your system. We suggest in reverting back those
    changes to resolve your issue. Kindly refer to the links below to see the details on how you can restore, refresh or reset your PC. Together on how you can backup and restore your PC so you won't be losing any files.

Jomel_Santos, Oct 18, 2016
  3. App didn't start error on default apps! Permission problem?

A few weeks back I did some stuff and I ended up changing permissions on some system file.

I had some major problems after that, but the I ran the mediacreation tool and everything was fine until recently I discovered that any default apps wouldn't launch. Every time I try it gives me the message: app didn't start.

Did some research and found out it was a problem with permissions. (Guess everything wasn't fine after all)

Tried googling for solution and found this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2798317 It's a guide to fix the exact problem I have, but for win8 and I assumed it would work for win10 too so I tried it.

In the guide it says to "Add the All Applications Packages" in the properties of c:/Program files, c:/Windows and c:/Users, but I could only add the thing to c:/Users!

In fact I couldn't add anything in c:/Windows or c:/Program files permission-group-box. I could only view them.

That said on both there already existed All Applications Packages with the right permissions. I just think It's odd that i could edit/add/remove on the c:/Users permission-group-box.

After all that my default apps still would
    not work!

I really don't want to do a clean reset, because I have so much stuff downloaded! (Games etc.)

Please help me! And thank you in advance!

Creative-Name, Oct 18, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

This has been a recurring problem for a few users since these Modern Windows Apps were first introduced in Windows 8. It's a permissions problem, probably in your case changed by the malware you had.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2798317

sfc /scannow may help restore the defaults, or a 'Refresh this PC' or even an in-place repair install may be necessary to repair the damage done by the malware.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Thema:

1. Windows 10 'app didn't start' error for all default apps! - Similar Threads - 'app didn't start'

2. "the app didn't start"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "the app didn't start": hello ! so i have a problem in my pc wheen i launch a windows package appx or windows store it gives me the problem "the app didn't start" the microsoft store says "ms-windows-store: the app didn't start" and on packages installers it says "C:\users\PackageName.appx "the app...
  3. The App Didn't Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The App Didn't Start: Photos stopped working and I received "The App didn't start" prompt anytime I trying launching it. I followed a discussion with various methods of resolving the issue including, checking for updates, using the wsreset.exe, using CMD to remove photos on my PC and finally...
  4. The app didn't start error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The app didn't start error in Windows 10: Hello,There is an issue with my PC where any of the apps does not open whenever I want to open a certain app for the past few weeks.For example: When I click any type of file or even media it says "The app didn't start". Thereby, I cannot open any of my apps in windows.Also,...
  5. The app didn't start error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The app didn't start error in Windows 10: Hello,There is an issue with my PC where any of the apps does not open whenever I want to open a certain app for the past few weeks.For example: When I click any type of file or even media it says "The app didn't start". Thereby, I cannot open any of my apps in windows.Also,...
  6. The app didn't start error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. App didn't start

App didn't start: My Microsoft photos app didn't start message show to me while photos open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-didnt-start/5bb5cc0d-b690-45c9-a29e-a421bc54d606
  8. The App didn't start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The App didn't start: after i reinstall windows 10 this happens to me, when i open microsoft apps an error pops up saying ''The app didn't start ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches, How do i fix this i cant update my apps or use any microsoft apps......
  9. Photo app is not working error 'The app didn't start

Photo app is not working error 'The app didn't start: photo app is not working error 'The app didn't start [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-app/55669bbd-d681-4473-87f7-c74088ab9df2
  10. "The app didn't start" windows 10 video app

"The app didn't start" windows 10 video app: Hi there, I use the windows 10 video app to watch movies. It was working just fine until last week when I rebooted my computer. After the reboot everytime i click on a movie file i get an error popup saying " The app didn't start". I know I can change the default app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all default apps didnt start on windows 10

2. windows 10 app didnt start error for all default apps

3. windows 10 the app didnt start error message

4. app didnt start error windows 10 protocol,
  5. all windows 10 apps didnt start