Windows 10: Windows 10 app problem

Discus and support Windows 10 app problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer has Windows 7 Home Premium installed with Service Pack 1 and has just been updated but Microsoft says I have to have Windows 7 Home Premium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NevadaLarry, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Windows 10 app problem

My computer has Windows 7 Home Premium installed with Service Pack 1 and has just been updated but Microsoft says I have to have Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1 to get the app. How do I get my free upgrade to Windows 10?

:)

NevadaLarry, Aug 26, 2015

2. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Aug 26, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Windows 10 app problem

Hiya Larry and welcome to the forum *Smile

What does winver say your Windows version is? ie Does it say Service Pack 1?

WhyMe, Aug 26, 2015
  5. It says 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

6. Ztruker Win User
    What is the line above that one? Best to post an image of the winver output window. Something like this:

Windows 10 app problem [​IMG]

Ztruker, Aug 26, 2015
  7. Windows 10 app problem [​IMG]

8. WhyMe Win User

Windows 10 app problem

Hi Larry,

Open an elevated command prompt (admin) and type:

schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Click enter

This will reset the Windows compatibility checker. You will need to wait 15 minutes or so for it to reset properly. Then try to perform the Windows upgrade and hopefully it will work this time.

WhyMe, Aug 26, 2015
  9. I have been away for a while. The last solution provided did not work. I have successfully installed Windows 10 on my laptop but still am unable to get the app on my desktop.

NevadaLarry, Aug 27, 2015
  10. WhyMe Win User
    WhyMe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 app problem

1. Windows 10 app problem - Similar Threads - app problem

2. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51
  3. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51
  4. Problem using Premium microsoft apps after installing windows 10 from its official webiste.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem using Premium microsoft apps after installing windows 10 from its official webiste.: I bought a laptop that had windows 10 with microsoft office and every office app was installed alreayd like excel. After few years the windows started lagging as a result i installed new windows from its official website after backuping all my data. The problem is that now i...
  5. Problem using Premium microsoft apps after installing windows 10 from its official webiste.

Problem using Premium microsoft apps after installing windows 10 from its official webiste.: I bought a laptop that had windows 10 with microsoft office and every office app was installed alreayd like excel. After few years the windows started lagging as a result i installed new windows from its official website after backuping all my data. The problem is that now i...
  6. Problem using Premium microsoft apps after installing windows 10 from its official webiste.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows then all my apps turned into grid...

Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows then all my apps turned into grid...: Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-have-problem-i-was-adjusting-font-in-my/e641715f-6d13-4a83-9c6c-dc8d6263a77e
  8. Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows then all my apps turned into grid...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows then all my apps turned into grid...: Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-have-problem-i-was-adjusting-font-in-my/e641715f-6d13-4a83-9c6c-dc8d6263a77e
  9. Please i have problem i was adjusting font in my windows then all my apps turned into grid...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. problem with quick share app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with quick share app: I am using windows edition 10 and version 22H2. i have problem with quick share, followed all steps as per the requirements. downloaded from official website android, when i installing, its show installation complete, But its not show in a windows app feed for use. its only...