Windows 10: windows 10 app setting dosent allow me to uninstall or modify?

Discus and support windows 10 app setting dosent allow me to uninstall or modify? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello please read this carefully and no robot responses please. I have noticed recently a small possible issue on my windows 10 cp. When i go to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kylekinsey, Jul 20, 2018.

1. windows 10 app setting dosent allow me to uninstall or modify?

Hello please read this carefully and no robot responses please. I have noticed recently a small possible issue on my windows 10 cp. When i go to the apps setting with in settings i cant modify or uninstall from there. It says i need to be the administrator. But my account is a admin. Yet when i go to the control panel on the same account i can modify and uninstall. So what is wrong here?

:)

kylekinsey, Jul 20, 2018

2. Windows Defender uninstalls Google Chrome and it's Modifiers

Hello Sofia,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

At this point of time I suggest you to try your Windows firewall to make an exception rule. Follow the below steps.

To do so, follow the below steps to add an exception to the firewall list.

• Open Control Panel, and select Windows Firewall. Next click on "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
      in the left pane in the window.
    • To start making changes, you need to click "Change settings" located above the list of apps and features.

Note: that you need to be logged in as an administrator.

Let us know if the above suggestion helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 app setting dosent allow me to uninstall or modify?

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 app setting dosent allow me to uninstall or modify?

1. windows 10 app setting dosent allow me to uninstall or modify? - Similar Threads - app setting dosent

2. Windows Add/Remove will NOT allow me to Uninstall McAffee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Add/Remove will NOT allow me to Uninstall McAffee: Windows Add/Remove will NOT allow me to Uninstall McAffee. The screen that pops up shows up like the below image. You can't scroll in it... or hit an "uninstall" button. When you click on it it bring you to their site....
  3. Windows Add/Remove will NOT allow me to Uninstall McAffee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Add/Remove will NOT allow me to Uninstall McAffee: Windows Add/Remove will NOT allow me to Uninstall McAffee. The screen that pops up shows up like the below image. You can't scroll in it... or hit an "uninstall" button. When you click on it it bring you to their site....
  4. Windows Add/Remove will NOT allow me to Uninstall McAffee

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app - can default settings be modified?: Microsoft Mail is on laptop running Windows 10To print an email, I:Select print.The Mail Print User Interface comes up. The UI allows me to ModifyPrinterOrientationCopiesPagesDuplex printingPaper sizeMore settings are available to meHit print button - success!Printing Duplex...
  6. Windows App not allowing me to use some apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows App not allowing me to use some apps: first of all Idk where to post this I hope someone in here can help me. I've had a problem trying to use "Dolby Access and DTS Sound Unbound" apps I have no problem downloading them or navigating inside the app but when I click Try or Buy options a small window appear for a...
  7. Windows 10 will not allow me to turn on/off camera settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not allow me to turn on/off camera settings: The camera/app permission switch is dimmed out (in the off position) and will not allow me to grant camera permission; Can anyone please help me to gain control of this setting. Thank you. 166952
  8. Programmatically Modifying Windows 10 Default App Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programmatically Modifying Windows 10 Default App Settings: Hi, I'd like a way to programmatically modify the default app settings on my workstation. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1809, OS build 1763.1217. My specific problem is that my default web browser keeps reverting back to Internet Explorer whenever I reboot my...
  9. McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    McAfee uninstall is impossible, the app won't allow me.: I tried to uninstall it, a window pop up with the option "uninstall" in grey, can't click it... [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcafee-uninstall-is-impossible-the-app-wont-allow/1e242668-b601-49ad-a60a-38e87965727b
  10. windows app dosent work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows app dosent work: [ATTACH][ATTACH] hello, im totally fedup about new update , i hvae active internet connection, browser&other apps working fine but why windows apps saying this ?? is there a fix ?...