Windows 10: Windows 10 App Will be Open in Taskbar But Not on Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 App Will be Open in Taskbar But Not on Screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running windows 10, with a GTX 970 and three monitors. So starting a few weeks ago the Twitch app stopped being able to be opened, it shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Syntax, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Syntax Win User

Windows 10 App Will be Open in Taskbar But Not on Screen

I am running windows 10, with a GTX 970 and three monitors.

So starting a few weeks ago the Twitch app stopped being able to be opened, it shows up on the taskbar but can't be made visible. I have tried making it appear by pressing windows key + any arrow key, and shift+right click shows no menu for maximizing, and neither thing worked. The only way I could get the app to appear was to completely uninstall it and then reinstall it, and when I turn off my pc and turn it back on it doesn't work again.

So I then tried the Discord app so I hopefully wouldn't have this problem, and it does the same thing but reinstalling doesn't even help.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing these problems, and a fix?

:)

Syntax, Mar 27, 2018

2. App not on desktop, but open in taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand the issue, please answer the following questions:

1. Where exactly are you trying to move the apps?

2. Are you trying to move them from the desktop to some other location?

3. Are they Windows store apps?

Also, do attach a screenshot of the "small red pin" that you have mentioned in your next response.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Do get back to us with the response for further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 27, 2018
  3. pedalpete Win User
    App not on desktop, but open in taskbar

This may be a 'feature', but I have no idea why or what it would be.

I've experienced this problem with a few different apps. When moving the app, if the mouse shakes a bit (like what used to clear the desktop in windows 7) a small red pin is displayed on the top right the app window, and if I release the mouse button, the
    app disappears completely.

The rest of the apps on the desktop are still visible. The app is still running in the task bar and hovering over the app in the taskbar shows the different windows of the app I am trying to get back to. The app is running, but nowhere to be seen.

I thought maybe it was one of those situations where the app was just 'off the desktop' on some random screen that does't exist anymore, so I used 'alt-space' to bring up the app menu and move the window. I can move the window, but it still never shows up.

When I hover over the app in the taskbar and then hover over the little window pop-up in the taskbar, the window I'm trying to get to is shown on the desktop, and here is the HINT: it does not have any chrome on it. When I leave the hovered taskbar pop-up
    the window I'm trying to get to disappears again.

If this was a one time thing, I would chalk it up to some strange bug, but I hit this about once week! The only solution is to reboot the machine and then everthing comes back to normal.

Along with knowing how to get my apps back, I'd be curious as to what the benefit of this 'feature' is?

pedalpete, Mar 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 App Will be Open in Taskbar But Not on Screen

1. Windows 10 App Will be Open in Taskbar But Not on Screen - Similar Threads - App Open Taskbar

2. the apps opens on taskbar but not on my screen. why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the apps opens on taskbar but not on my screen. why?: ive been using windows 11 for 1 month now and im having problems opening app. for example a while discord wasnt opening on screen but it was shown that it was open on task bar. i had delete it and install it again in order to be able to open it. now i have the same problem...
  3. the apps opens on taskbar but not on my screen. why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the apps opens on taskbar but not on my screen. why?: ive been using windows 11 for 1 month now and im having problems opening app. for example a while discord wasnt opening on screen but it was shown that it was open on task bar. i had delete it and install it again in order to be able to open it. now i have the same problem...
  4. How to keep the opened app icon on taskbar in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep the opened app icon on taskbar in Windows 10?: I was looking at some videos on Windows 11 and saw that on Windows 11, there were indicators that became small and big. I was wondering how to make it so that Windows 10 indicators just stay put no matter if the app is maximized....
  5. How to keep the opened app icon on taskbar in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep the opened app icon on taskbar in Windows 10?: I was looking at some videos on Windows 11 and saw that on Windows 11, there were indicators that became small and big. I was wondering how to make it so that Windows 10 indicators just stay put no matter if the app is maximized....
  6. Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won't open from taskbar, or open behind all other open screens: I have a new Dell computer running on Windows 10. Upon originally setting it up, the taskbar either 1. Will not open any of the apps on it, or 2. if it does open an app, it opens it up behind ever other currently open screen. You can only open apps on the front screen by...
  7. Way to open Explorer / app windows in the screen I clicked the taskbar icon on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Way to open Explorer / app windows in the screen I clicked the taskbar icon on?: Curious if this is doable via a third party app. submitted by /u/pincushiondude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0zeed/way_to_open_explorer_app_windows_in_the_screen_i/
  8. open apps on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    open apps on taskbar: how do I show what apps are open on the taskbar when I change desktops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-apps-on-taskbar/f366323e-094f-4316-908a-002d8ad790be
  9. Opening Apps on Windows 10, Version 1809 Taskbar

Opening Apps on Windows 10, Version 1809 Taskbar: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, Build 17763.55 on 2 of my home computers and am experiencing the following problem with one computer (an HP Laptop 8540w) but not the other (a Dell Inspiron I660). When I left click on the HP computer's Windows 10 taskbar...
  10. Windows 10 dual monitor: Taskbar icons open app dpd on screen

Windows 10 dual monitor: Taskbar icons open app dpd on screen: I have two monitors connected to my graphics card, let us call them Lefty and Righty. Righty is my main monitor. The BIOS messages appear there during startup, and when I start an application, it opens on Righty by default. I put several application icons on Righty's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. application on taskbar not on screen windows 10

2. app open on taskbar but not on screenmuk