Windows 10: Windows 10 appears to have made all my games get less performance...

Discus and support Windows 10 appears to have made all my games get less performance... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I will try to make this as short as I can. I was using windows 7 and playing all my games decent, never had a game I bought a game I couldnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nifuji, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Nifuji Win User

Windows 10 appears to have made all my games get less performance...

Hello, I will try to make this as short as I can. I was using windows 7 and playing all my games decent, never had a game I bought a game I couldnt play with some settings tweaks. (I play minecraft and games like that but my pc is good enough to run better games like far cry 4). I am also a streamer and a very small one at that and never had issues doing so. However when I saw the chance to grab windows 10 everything went downhill. At first I was just having little errors so I factory reset to a clean windows 10. I then got all my important files like virus protectors and drivers, etc. This didnt seem to help whatsoever. Every game (im not exaggerating) that I play is seeing a FPS loss and performance loss in some way even if only 5FPS. This, as you could imagine, is a problem. I cant stream either because then the performance gets even worse making my games unplayable. None of my 10 other friends who have upgraded have any issues and im the lone wolf here. It cant really be much else I can think of because I wiped my PC with the factory windows 10. Heres my specs that I know if it helps.
    CPU- i5-2500k 4 core 3.30Ghz
    Ram-8GB
    GPU-550ti
    Hardrive-1 terra
    Any help is appreciated considering until its fixed I cant stream and I also cant play my games with full enjoyment.

:)

Nifuji, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Squrtle Win User

How about games? Windows 10

Hey, I was wondering about if the windows 10 will be good enough to play old and new games, Just like the Windows 7 is today? Not sure I dare to upgrade to windows 10 if it can't handle the games I play today.

I also wondering about how much the windows 10 will require from the computer. I know Vista took alot from the computer so it was hard to ever play a game with good grafic since the operative system took that much. Will Windows 10 take less? So my computer
    wont perform worse after my installation to windows 10?

I got the windows 7 Atm and it works fine to all the games I play. but will it be worth to get windows 10 for gaming?..

Squrtle, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 as soon as it offered to me in August, and I then hoped that with the OS constant updates they could improve its performance, but so far it's only getting worse: slower, less efficient,
    less reliable and, worst of all, Google Chrome is always crashing, not to mention problems with Yahoo and even Microsoft apps such as Word and Power Point. Now, is Windows 10 really less reliable
    than Windows 7 --I mean, for folks who don't use it for games or just for fun? is it worth returning to Windows 7?

NythamarDeOliveira, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 appears to have made all my games get less performance...

1. Windows 10 appears to have made all my games get less performance... - Similar Threads - appears made games

2. Windows 11 updates made all my games stutter and lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates made all my games stutter and lag: I have been a pc gamer since I was 9 and games have always been smooth. From my Sims 3 days to my current fallout 4 and stardew valley rotation, everything has worked fine. Back in the day I had an Emachines desktop that could play Sims like nobody’s business, but now on my...
  3. Windows 11 updates made all my games stutter and lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates made all my games stutter and lag: I have been a pc gamer since I was 9 and games have always been smooth. From my Sims 3 days to my current fallout 4 and stardew valley rotation, everything has worked fine. Back in the day I had an Emachines desktop that could play Sims like nobody’s business, but now on my...
  4. GPU appears to have less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU appears to have less memory than it should: Hello,So I've got an RTX A2000 gpu, which I know comes with 6 GB of memory.But, when I look at task manager, it shows that it only has 5.5 GB of memory.I'm not sure what caused this, but I do know that it used to say 6 GB a few days ago. Might be because of a recent update?...
  5. GPU appears to have less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU appears to have less memory than it should: Hello,So I've got an RTX A2000 gpu, which I know comes with 6 GB of memory.But, when I look at task manager, it shows that it only has 5.5 GB of memory.I'm not sure what caused this, but I do know that it used to say 6 GB a few days ago. Might be because of a recent update?...
  6. GPU appears to have less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 11 wallpapers have also made an early appearance

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 wallpapers have also made an early appearance: Windows 11 is almost here with a refreshed Start menu, rounded corners, new icons, new productivity features, and also a collection of new wallpapers. Windows 11 wallpapers are offered in different flavours with both light and dark variants of some wallpapers. These Windows...
  8. Performance for Gaming on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance for Gaming on Windows 10: I like to play Minecraft Java Edition and Minecraft Bedrock edition on windows 10. I have an old computer and do not have the money to get a new one, so I would like to know some ways I can improve performance. I have adjusted settings for performance over battery,...
  9. Having issues with Gaming performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having issues with Gaming performance: I have Windows 10 Pro on my system. I'm the main user and created another user. The gaming performance on the second user account is horrible with games getting lots of lag and has lots of glitches. I ran the same games on my profile and they run smoothly without said issues...
  10. All game icons appear blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All game icons appear blank: Hi everyone I've been having this problem for some time now and I've searched everywhere and nothing was able to fix it. As the title says all the games icons (both from Steam or Epic Games) install normally but the icon is blank and sometimes it displays the name of the...