Windows 10: Windows 10 Applications and the Windows 10 Start Menu

Discus and support Windows 10 Applications and the Windows 10 Start Menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I currently am a Windows 10 User, and I have been using Windows 10 for over 6 months. About 2 weeks ago, I turned on my computer and logged on, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OptGamer21, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Applications and the Windows 10 Start Menu

I currently am a Windows 10 User, and I have been using Windows 10 for over 6 months. About 2 weeks ago, I turned on my computer and logged on, and I found every single application reinstalled. Most of my settings and all of my files seemed to have been saved. However, I had to reinstall Norton Security because it would no longer open. After doing so, I found that all of my apps that I installed from the Windows 10 store were not appearing in the start menu what so ever, but showed as installed in the Windows 10 Store. Two of these include the Grand Theft Auto: Ifruit and Forza Horizon 3. Three weeks ago, before this re-installation occurred, both of these applications were appearing in the start menu. Below is a picture of what I am talking about when I attempt to search for my apps, but they don't appear in my start menu, yet they do in the Windows 10 Store.

Windows 10 Applications and the Windows 10 Start Menu [​IMG]

So, my question is why aren't applications, such as these, appearing in the start menu, and What can I do to fix this? Pls Look at comment for updated questions and explanations.

:)

OptGamer21, Apr 9, 2017

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Apr 9, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Apr 9, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Applications and the Windows 10 Start Menu

When I try to open these apps from the Windows 10 Store, they don't appear on my task bar. They *do* however, appear in Task Manager.

UPDATE: I have found that if I open Task Manager and the Application (Forza Horizon 3, etc.) then right-click on the opened window, then click Open file location, I can access the .exe (launch) file. However, using this method to open the file results in two messages appearing. The first one says "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" and the second message, after clicking Run, is an error message saying "This application can only run in the context of an app container.

When I try to go to the WindowsApps folder in Program Files, which I am assuming contains all my installed Windows Store Applications, one error message comes up which says "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder." I click continue, then click Yes on the message saying "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" Then, a third message pops up, saying "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab." One, I *am* the administrator, and Two, *all* access is granted to each principle.

It seems there was a cumulative update for x64 based systems; Ill see if that fixes it and update this post when it is finished.

6:43 PM MT: Update did not fix it.

Updated.

• Why aren't my Windows 10 Store applications appearing on my start menu, nor my task bar? The Windows 10 Store Apps aren't being deployed.
    • Why can't I access the Windows Apps folder in the Program Files, when I am the administrator (even when I run Windows Explorer as an Administrator)?
      N/A and unanswered.
    • Why can't I open my Windows 10 Store applications with this method?
      N/A and unanswered.
    • What can I do to fix this?
      Re-deploy the Windows 10 Store Apps in the Windows PowerShell application, as an administrator.

OptGamer21, Apr 9, 2017
  5. SOLVED: I found a way to fix this issue. There is a support forum on the Microsoft Comunity Support website entitled Start menu "all apps" not showing all apps (<500 entries) by sirAbsturz, with a similar issue to this. Damien360 replied with multiple solutions; in his post, #3 solved it. If you are experiencing this issue, I recommend you do the same.

Instructions:
    Re-deploy the Windows 10 Store Apps by opening Windows PowerShell (running it as an administrator). When loaded, copy and paste the following text into the PowerShell window, then press Enter.

Wait for this process to finish, then your applications should appear in the Start menu once again. If you are not sure you entered the code correctly, refer to the below image.

OptGamer21, Apr 10, 2017
  6. Awesome. Thanks for coming back to post the solution that you found.

blackroseMD1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Applications and the Windows 10 Start Menu

1. Windows 10 Applications and the Windows 10 Start Menu - Similar Threads - Applications Start Menu

2. Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start menu: How do I get the windows 10 start menu on windows 11 22h2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu/26106aac-176e-4cb5-af93-b3c2659ef369
  3. Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu: Hi I woke up my pc from sleeping and my start menu popped up out of nowhere. How can i get this to stop? Its a desktop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu/5067fa91-1076-436d-9d5d-556f3cbd6256
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 Start Menu: Hi, Sorry if it's in the wrong section, but how do you guys sort your start menu, mine is like this (see image). As you can see i'm not good at sorting my apps...*chuckle Don't know where to put the apps on the top right. [img] 158886
  5. Start menu and windows 10

Start menu and windows 10: I have a HP laptop for work that hasnt been running properly for a few months, it keeps saying my disk storage is full even after deleting files and uninstalling apps etc so i was told to go on task manager and end the processes. Not sure if this is directly related but now i...
  6. windows 10 start menu

windows 10 start menu: Hi Actually, in my start menu some apps do not work, I mean on their tile is just a download icon. while I downloaded all the app and upgrade them. I don't know why it happens to me???...
  7. Windows 10 update removes start menu application shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update removes start menu application shortcuts: [ATTACH] Why every update of Windows 10 removes the start menu application shortcuts and resets to the default is beyond me, is anyone having the same problem over and over?...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 Start Menu: I am having problem in my Windows 10 , I am unable to click or open start menu , even search engine too . Any solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu/1add266f-4bbb-47c2-a2fc-b27182ed29b0
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu

Windows 10 Start Menu: I am having problem in my Windows 10 , I am unable to click or open start menu , even search engine too . Any solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-start-menu/1add266f-4bbb-47c2-a2fc-b27182ed29b0
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu: Hello Is it possible to have the right Start menu perma on (not hidding)? *Eek [img] 80560