Windows 10: Windows 10 applications aren't able to connect to internet, but desktop apps can.

Discus and support Windows 10 applications aren't able to connect to internet, but desktop apps can. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One day my dad wanted to use my computer and right after that happened, my windows 10 apps were suddenly unable to connect to internet. I have no idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dummowindows, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 applications aren't able to connect to internet, but desktop apps can.

One day my dad wanted to use my computer and right after that happened, my windows 10 apps were suddenly unable to connect to internet. I have no idea what the cause is, and I am also unable to roll back to a previous update. What should I do?

:)

dummowindows, Jul 28, 2018
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Windows 10 applications aren't able to connect to internet, but desktop apps can. [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 applications aren't able to connect to internet, but desktop apps can.

Apps from Windows store 10 do not connect to internet

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you able to connect to internet and browse?
    • Is this issue specific to Windows Store apps?
    • Are you facing this issue in Local account or Microsoft account?
    Let's try the below Steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: If installed from the Windows store try to run a
    Windows Store app troubleshooter
    and check.

Refer:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue doesn’t resolve then try next step.

Step 2: Run inbuilt Internet connection troubleshooter
    and Network Adapter troubleshooter

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    • Also run the Network Adapter troubleshooter and check if the issue resolves.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 applications aren't able to connect to internet, but desktop apps can.

1. Windows 10 applications aren't able to connect to internet, but desktop apps can. - Similar Threads - applications aren't able

2. Not able to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect to internet: Not able to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-to-internet/568b0fb4-1fda-4e6a-a75f-2e569e0ede1c
  3. Not able to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to connect to internet: Not able to connect to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-to-internet/568b0fb4-1fda-4e6a-a75f-2e569e0ede1c
  4. not able to connect the internet on windows sandbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to connect the internet on windows sandbox: not able to work on internet on the windows sandbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-the-internet-on-windows/a93b8763-98f9-4738-89ec-fbbf90869560
  5. Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet: I am facing a problem where my apps are not able to connect to the internet. I can browse webpages and receive and send emails on the mail app but I cannot upload any files on the internet. I have read zaffarliman's post and none of the replies help solve my problem....
  6. Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet

Most of my apps are not able to connect to the internet: I am facing a problem where my apps are not able to connect to the internet. I can browse webpages and receive and send emails on the mail app but I cannot upload any files on the internet. I have read zaffarliman's post and none of the replies help solve my problem....
  7. Many apps not able to connect to internet when updating

Many apps not able to connect to internet when updating: Hi everyone, A couple of months back my laptop stopped connecting to our wireless router, so I got around it by using my phone's mobile hotspot to connect to the WIFI. Recently I've noticed that a couple of apps can't update and that they can't connect to the internet. Any...
  8. Windows Applications aren't connecting to the internet

Windows Applications aren't connecting to the internet: Hello, I have been trying to setup x-box live on my laptop, and somehow part of the setup may have disabled the connection of several applications to the internet. I have noticed that I am unable to sign-in to X-Box Live, OneDrive, and Spotify isn't even connecting. It's...
  9. Programs aren't able to connect to internet, but my browsers are fine

Programs aren't able to connect to internet, but my browsers are fine: Hello, I just recently posted about this topic and I thought it was solved but the problem has arisen again. All of my programs are unable to connect to the internet, except for Google Chrome and Edge. My Spotify says offline, my Discord is not able to connect, and my Zoom...
  10. Windows 10 Applications are unable to connect to the internet, while non-Windows 10 apps can.

Windows 10 Applications are unable to connect to the internet, while non-Windows 10 apps can.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and, ever since I did, apps that come with this version of Windows (Microsoft Store, Skype, Microsoft Edge, Windows Defender and Mail) are unable to connect to the internet. One exception is that Windows Update can download without any...