Windows 10: Windows 10 Applications Error Cannot Open Any Program

Discus and support Windows 10 Applications Error Cannot Open Any Program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey everyone. I left my computer on last night and my monitors OFF and when I went on the computer today as usual.. I then saw the windows 8+ version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HelpMyPC, Aug 3, 2016.

1. HelpMyPC Win User

Windows 10 Applications Error Cannot Open Any Program

Hey everyone. I left my computer on last night and my monitors OFF and when I went on the computer today as usual.. I then saw the windows 8+ version of Blue Screen of Death with the sad face. I decided to restart my computer and then windows started repairing my C drive which confused me. After I logged into Windows 10 I noticed errors pop up about applications not being able to start ..like Firefox or VLC media player. I can't even load up Task Manager or run services.msc in the run window. I understand that I will need a NEW SSD to fix this but in the meantime does anyone have other solutions ?

:)

HelpMyPC, Aug 3, 2016
  2. war_an Win User

Windows 10 havoc

Hi there,

I have been facing some issues in windows 10 lately.

I Couldn't access anything in start menu, cannot open edge or task manager or power shell, cannot uninstall or install applications, cannot add account and also cannot reset PC.

When i open chrome, and certain other applications the following bad image error is displayed "C:\ WINDOWS/ system32\apphelp.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again
    using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000020."

war_an, Aug 3, 2016
  3. CJM7 Win User
    Win 10 won't start programs

after update, no programs will open. I cannot open command prompt or task manager.

Click on icon and nothing, click on start and nothing.

Occasional error "Microsoft windows The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

Options: END PROCESS or CANCEL'

Neither option works!

i cannot open antivirus, antimalware, nothing

CJM7, Aug 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

1. Check your disk hasn't failed - no system specs so I can't tell you how. I could assume you use a SSD as you mention one.
    2. If your disk has failed, then if you have created a system image and or disk images (as everyone should) then you can restore these to a new drive.
    3. Otherwise you need a new drive and reinstall.

If your drive hasn't failed, then you need to check whether your PC hasn't attempted to upgrade to the anniversary edition and then failed.

If you can determine the build version (Windows key + R, type Winver), then using the corresponding boot medium or mounted iso, you can try running an in-place upgrade repair install, for example.

dalchina, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Applications Error Cannot Open Any Program - Similar Threads - Applications Error Cannot

2. The application cannot be opened.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The application cannot be opened.: There is a problem with the feedback center,please contact your administrator, to learn about fixing or reinstalling the application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-cannot-be-opened/633a3a03-6649-46ad-9d68-066959fd151e
  3. windows 10 is slow on opening any application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 is slow on opening any application: Hey I am a Windows 10 user and i bought my laptop few days back, after some days i am facing problems on opening any application in my laptop. When I ON my laptop it take more time to open welcome screen and when i open fie explorer, mail, settings, visual studio code or any...
  4. Windows 10 cannot open any Documents or programs all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot open any Documents or programs all of a sudden.: When I click on any file I get a message Saying "Windows cannot find the file ......" . I can open Photos only. I cannot open programs ie Word excel. This was all fine 2 days ago. I ran a virus scan to see if this was the issue but all good there. I would appreciate any...
  5. Can't open any programs in Windows 10

Can't open any programs in Windows 10: A few days ago, I suddenly couldn't open any programs on my PC. I did a reinstall of Windows 10 and it seemed to be fine until the next day where it was the same as before. Anyone have an idea of what could potentially be the problem? I'm able to open everything in safe mode...
  6. Windows 10 Is not opens any Program

Windows 10 Is not opens any Program: Dear Folks, When I working on Windows 10 Its not open any program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-opens-any-program/f942090f-994b-410f-bf30-3a7912254a9a
  7. Cannot open programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open programs on Windows 10: Hi, I have a Surface Pro with Windows 10 and something happened to it over the weekend. I couldn't get my desktop to show up and wasn't able to do anything. So I decided to do a reset on it. After the reset, I couldn't open any programs. - Can't open the Windows console...
  8. Cannot open any Microsoft application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open any Microsoft application: Dear, Since I have my computer, I cannot open any microsoft pre-installed applications (calculator, skype, application store, Alarms & clock....) Upon I click on it, the app is opening but after 2-3 sec. it shut down. Please help. Thank you. Best regards, Maxime...
  9. Cannot open applications!

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open applications!: My friend is having a problem where when he powers on his HP Notebook 17-x101na laptop. When he powers it on the start screen comes on but when he presses Enter to get to the log in screen nothing happens. He presses Ctrl+Alt+Del and then he gets the log in screen. On the...
  10. Unable to open any programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open any programs in Windows 10: Hi everyone. Recently, I have encountered troubles with Windows 10. I am unable to open any programs, including Chrome or Edge. I can't even Power Down. I have tried to reset my PC, but only comes up with "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes have been...