Windows 10: Windows 10 Applications (Start Menu, MS-Settings:) Corrupt Repository

Discus and support Windows 10 Applications (Start Menu, MS-Settings:) Corrupt Repository in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK, so I have here a Windows 10 laptop that had major issues. To start off half the services such as BFE, DHCP, and NLA weren't running. They were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lost, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Lost Win User

Windows 10 Applications (Start Menu, MS-Settings:) Corrupt Repository

OK, so I have here a Windows 10 laptop that had major issues. To start off half the services such as BFE, DHCP, and NLA weren't running. They were giving me access denied. I repaired them using "Tweaking.com - Windows Repair v3.5.0". But now I'm left with none of the apps working. I try to forcefully start them using the cmd prompt. Let's take Windows Update for example:

start ms-settings:windows-update
    Access is denied.

The package repository is corrupted.

Now I've tried to run "dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth" which says it should be repairable. So I ran "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" of course it gives me an error.

So next I tried running "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess" with X: pointing to a mounted image of the Windows 10 x64 install ISO.

No luck again. I've read that I may be able to fix it by pointing DISM to another Windows 10 installation that is running correctly, so before I get another computer setup, and installed with Windows 10... does anyone have any ideas that might help me?

My last resort is a refresh, but doing so will mean I will have to try and hunt down all the original applications that came with the pc. It was an inplace upgrade to Windows 10, I can not rollback either since it will not give me the option to. Thanks for any input you can give me.

:)

2. package repository is corrupt

no start menu, package repository is corrupt, please help

Diane PheobeMcLeod, Sep 12, 2015
  3. windows 10 components not working

I don't know how sudden my hp laptop i3 processors windows 10 Os No pc settings opening ..

No start menu

No windows buttons able to open start menu..

No taskbars notification icon wifi icon etc responding frm taskbar..

No user account to be created..

N pc settings opening..

Even the system is unable to format..

And also there is problem in display settings opening like "ms-settings display the package repository is corrupted"..

Plss help me I tried restarting windows explorer even powershell solution I not working cos powershell in admin mode is unable to open..

So plss help me sooooonnnn...

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MihirPatelOG, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Applications (Start Menu, MS-Settings:) Corrupt Repository

1. Windows 10 Applications (Start Menu, MS-Settings:) Corrupt Repository - Similar Threads - Applications Start Menu

2. "The package repository is corrupted"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "The package repository is corrupted": Hi, I opened my pc this morning and it was working perfectly fine. Later on after doing some work I went to download a word document from an email and got this message: "The package repository is corrupted". I proceeded to attempt to open other Microsoft Office App files...
  3. Windows 10 - start menu - settings.

Windows 10 - start menu - settings.: I am unable to enter 'settings' via the menu. Is there a 'fix' available or another way to enter? I have searched the internet for an answer without success....
  4. Start Menu and ms-settings don't work

Start Menu and ms-settings don't work: Greetings, When I woke up and turned on my PC everything was normal but, when I signed in everything was black I can move my cursor around and open task manager but nothing else. After a few minutes, the desktop loaded and now I cannot open the start menu and any of the...
  5. Corrupted Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu: I upgraded to 1909 yesterday, and, among other things, the tiling operation of Start Menus is corrupted. For random tiles, they either don't work and/or cannot be moved, or some shortcuts are not successfully pinned. They either do or don't show up in the apps list on the...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu corrupted – Tile Database is corrupt

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Menu corrupted – Tile Database is corrupt: [ATTACH] [IMG]The Windows 10 Start Menu is quite a stable experience, but there are times when it can self–destruct for some reason and become corrupt. If this has happened to you in the past, then worry not because we‘re here to [...] This post Windows 10 Start Menu...
  7. start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working: i have a surface pro 2017 i5 128GB very low responding and windows keep updating very often, so i decided to do a reset delete all files, i didn't do the backup since i think that setting etc was not best after reset, i found the start menu, setting menu, search, not...
  8. Start menu/task bar ms-settings broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu/task bar ms-settings broken: Hello I just did a factory reset of my Surface pro(5th gen) and now clicking/touching the start menu icon or pressing it on my keyboard doesn't work. The buttons on the bottom right of the taskbar are also unresponsive but pinned apps work. Trying to open ms-settings:...
  9. Windows 10 Applications and the Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Applications and the Windows 10 Start Menu: I currently am a Windows 10 User, and I have been using Windows 10 for over 6 months. About 2 weeks ago, I turned on my computer and logged on, and I found every single application reinstalled. Most of my settings and all of my files seemed to have been saved. However, I had...
  10. Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName: So lately I was faced by the following symptoms : 1 - Alot of apps not appearing on start menu where I can only run them through store 2 - Mysterious app called : ms-resource:appDisplayName appearing on start menu that can't be deleted / uninstalled 3 - All my previous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-settings corrupt

2. ms-settings access denied

3. ms-settings package repository corrupt

4. the package repository is corrupted,
  5. start ms-settings: access is denied,
  6. Windows 10 Corrupt Tile repository,
  7. ms-settings the package repository is corrupted,
  8. ms-settings package repository corrupt solved,
  9. Windows settings corrupt,
  10. windows store the package respository is corrupted,
  11. windows update the package repository is corrupted,