Windows 10: Windows 10 - applications wont run not responding.

Discus and support Windows 10 - applications wont run not responding. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello i have an Windows 10 Pro. I have an problems with that windows . I dont know if it is hardware or software issue. Some of the applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xxx123, Feb 9, 2016.

1. xxx123 Win User

Windows 10 - applications wont run not responding.

Hello i have an Windows 10 Pro. I have an problems with that windows . I dont know if it is hardware or software issue.
    Some of the applications randomly wont run. I mean i am clicking to open and nothing happens. I cant run task manager because he wont opening. I cant run event viewer because he wont opening. And all of rest applications randomly wont run. Sometimes logout and log again help and then some of the applications run. Games are stable and no crashes and playing games are fine.
    Problem is only with opening applications in Windows 10. I made clean install on a fresh formatted disk month ago.

It can be still ram or hdd issue or just windows broke? But CrystalDiskInfo and HDTUNE showing disk is 100% ok and memtest86 no errors.

PC:
    4790k stock small temps
    2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz
    Corsair 750 RM
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2
    SSD Samsung Evo 250 GB
    Asus Strix 980 Ti Oc.

:)

xxx123, Feb 9, 2016

2. Phone Wont Run Applications

Hi StevenPayne,

Have you tried to rollback your phone to pre-Mango?

If you open the Zune client on your desktop and select "Settings" -> Phone -> Update, you should see a button under the text that says RESTORE and then it should say something like "Available restore point:
    date"

Please note that the Samsung Focus should not have any issues when updating. Do you have version 1.3 or 1.4 of the Samsung Focus? There were some people who had version 1.4 and "forced" an update. The Mango update for version 1.4 was released much later
    by AT&T than the Mango update for 1.3.

Also, were you previously running the Developer Preview Beta of Mango (or an XDA version of Mango) before upgrading to the final version of Mango?

Worst case scenario, you can try going to an AT&T Warranty Support center and explain the issues to them and they might decide the phone is defective and exchange the phone for you.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Phone Wont Run Applications

Thank you for helping. I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply. It's been busy time for me.

I have not tried rolling my phone back to pre-Mango as I'm dumb. I say this because I didn't realize that I could RESTORE my phone at the time the problem started. Since then I have done everything, including factory reset my phone, many times. Now, the
    RESTORE option doesn't show up for me. I can't update my phone to a new versions, since I assume one doesn't yet exist, and I can't roll it back.

I'm not sure which version of the Samsung Focus I have or how to tell? All I know is that I got an update, and now it doesn't seem to work. If I have 1.4 and forced and update, I did it without knowing or meaning to.

I was not running any Beta of Mango or anything. As a matter of fact, I hadn't updated or done anything with my phone at all until the time I updated and this problem started.

I will likely end up trying to talk to AT&T Warranty Support. I appreciate the help, let me know if you have any other ideas, but I'm beginning to feel that this is a lost cause. Thanks so much.

StevenPayne, Feb 9, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

brummyfan, Feb 9, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    If that doesn't help, you can then try a process of elimination looking for possible conflicts or effects of things you've installed.
    Try in turn
    1. Clean boot (search if unsure how)
    2. Clean boot and download and install Shellexview, free, hide all MS extensions, disable all others
    3. Safe Mode

If none of this helps, do an in-place upgrade repair install (see Tutorials, above) and then if no symptoms, progressively reverse the above.

dalchina, Feb 9, 2016
  6. xxx123 Win User
    Everytime i properly restart system windows after next boot windows showing Automatiic repair and then again is restart. And event viewer showing that closing system was not properly.But windows was closed properly. I must format again? But this is a fresh install.

My system is on stock. 4790k stock, 16gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz

Also somebody said to me that issue can be in bad overclock or SDD issue, but i dont oc my pc. Also games are stable.
    Also HDTUNE dont reporting BAD SECTORS and Smart is 100% GOOD. Memtest86 no errors.

+ second problem. Also sometimes applications not responding. I mean i am clicking to open and nothing happening.

Its something with windows or my hardware SDD ?

xxx123, Feb 9, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, suggest you try a cold boot... complete power down, disconnect power, hold & press power button, reconnect, start PC.

If you still have a problem, boot from a Win 10 installation disk/device and try Startup Repair.

dalchina, Feb 10, 2016
  8. xxx123 Win User

So its a problem with windows or my hardware?

xxx123, Feb 10, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, we're now looking only at your automatic repair loop problem.
    Note: we don't know what you did before that... or whether it 'just happened' as before that you reported different symptoms and suggested some of the normal fixes. You've not said if you attempted any of those - it might help.

Now, as to whether it's hardware or software, I don't know- you've very sensibly done some disk checks, which is great.

What I suggest now is this:
    Please search the forum for 'automatic repair loop'.

You will find many many threads. I suggest you look at those marked 'Solved' first and see if there's anything there that helps as this symptom has been reported many times. Perhaps 'The answer's out there'....*Smile

dalchina, Feb 10, 2016
  10. xxx123 Win User
    Hmm so it can be related to my memory if system get broken or it is only software issue? Also memtest86 dont showing errors.

xxx123, Feb 10, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    It's impossible to tell definitively from yr info except clearly you've done some hardware checks. But it seems reasonably probable it's corruption in Windows of some sort given the number of such reports.

Following my suggestion above read the whole of these threads (just examples):
    Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Reboot Loop, cannot open Automatic Repair, can't run setup from USB - Windows 10 Forums

I think you will get a feeling there may be more than one solution... no one size fits all necessarily.

dalchina, Feb 10, 2016
  12. xxx123 Win User
    So i was using my Windows 10 Pro fine. Then i decide ( no reason ) to test memtest86 from bootable USB. Then after 5 hours ( without errors memtest ) i stop test. Then after this i boot windows and windows just get broken. ( AND THEN : Everytime i properly restart system windows after next boot windows showing Automatiic repair and then again is restart. And event viewer showing that closing system was not properly.But windows was closed properly.
    Second issue.
    Some of the applications randomly wont run. I mean i am clicking to open and nothing happens )

Is this only coincedence or not if it happens after memtest session?

But i checked:

Memtest86 - not showing errors
    HDTUNE - no errors, Smart 100% ok health.
    Cpu 4790k - good temps

My disk is Samsung Evo SSD 250 GB, ram Kingston Hyperx 2x8gb 1600mhz

I made topic because some peoples told me that corrupt data , can be caused by faulty memory(( What is yours opinions? But like i said i test memtest86 and hdtune and no errors.

xxx123, Feb 14, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

Hi, sounds like the problem is related to using your disk- maybe.
    Try sthg simple.
    In Windows, open an elevated command prompt (Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin) and type
    chkdsk C: /F

Your system should require a reboot to run this.

Please post back the results. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 14, 2016
  14. xxx123 Win User
    So when i ran memtest without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue?

Also i meet other person with the same problem and issue. So it is software related or we had something with memory?

xxx123, Feb 15, 2016
  15. dalchina New Member
    Oh, sorry, forgot you can't boot into Windows...

So use a Windows bootable disk/USB drive and boot from that.
    (You need to be able to specify this as your boot device- may be a special key to press if a laptop, or set the deice boot order in BIOS/UEFI)
    Select Repair, then navigate via Troubleshooting to a command prompt.

Now identify the drive letter corresponding to your Windows disk/partition.
    Run chkdsk on that.

If the results are clear,then, booting from the disk/ USB drive again, run startup repair- like this once you get to the first prompt:
    Startup Repair - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Feb 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - applications wont run not responding. - Similar Threads - applications wont run

2. Windows Update Button Not Responding. Nahimic Wont Respond.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Button Not Responding. Nahimic Wont Respond.: I have an update Windows 10 is wanting to install but the "download" button isn't responding. There are no errors, no windows pop up, no messages pop up, I click on "Download" and nothing happens. I have already tried the steps listed below to no avail.Using System File...
  3. Microsoft windows applications are not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft windows applications are not responding.: Microsoft windows applications are not working and this has been happening for 3 days . My applications cant function, my apps happen to be in an error phase and they can't open . The windows security is doing nothing about this problem that i'm facing. There's just a lot of...
  4. Microsoft windows applications are not responding.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft windows applications are not responding.: Microsoft windows applications are not working and this has been happening for 3 days . My applications cant function, my apps happen to be in an error phase and they can't open . The windows security is doing nothing about this problem that i'm facing. There's just a lot of...
  5. Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications: It says i'm an administrator but nothing works, the command prompt doesn't make it work, the control panel doesn't work and the registry editor doesn't work, what are my options?I need admin privileges to fix missing important files....
  6. Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications

Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications: It says i'm an administrator but nothing works, the command prompt doesn't make it work, the control panel doesn't work and the registry editor doesn't work, what are my options?I need admin privileges to fix missing important files....
  7. Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. windows 10 wont run

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 wont run: windows10 wont run got error code0x8007007b https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-run/9bde7761-b785-4435-aefd-b27592cc1baf
  9. Applications not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications not responding: My computer frequently locks up with the requested app "Not Responding." How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applications-not-responding/c5d8290c-ef85-46f8-8a38-daf1ac91ea4b
  10. Windows 10 Applications Not Responding And Tabbing Out?

Windows 10 Applications Not Responding And Tabbing Out?: When using any application, for example google chrome or minecraft, my computer seems to constantly be refreshing the application for some reason. When I click on the application task manager says that the program is unresponsive, but after the click is registered the program...