Windows 10: Windows 10 apps, downloading, antivirus, smartscreen... etc are not working

Discus and support Windows 10 apps, downloading, antivirus, smartscreen... etc are not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I try to load up a windows app (app downloaded from Microsoft Store) the app would try to load, become unresponsive and then would close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zinity Drops, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10 apps, downloading, antivirus, smartscreen... etc are not working

Every time I try to load up a windows app (app downloaded from Microsoft Store) the app would try to load, become unresponsive and then would close straight away. It's the same with the windows antivirus but the smart screen would just never work, saying that "smart screen can't be reached right now". When trying to download from Microsoft Edge something like a antivirus to see if I have a virus on my laptop, the download would not even start it would just show that it's trying to get a request from the site. Keep in mind I have tried it with many websites and also it's not just with antiviruses... Oh yeah also, settings wont open and right clicking on something takes forever to load up that box with options...

:)

Zinity Drops, Aug 11, 2018

2. SmartScreen not so smart.

Hi,

I would like to inform that Windows SmartScreen helps keep your PC safe by checking downloaded files and web content within apps to help protect you from malicious software and potentially unsafe web content. Before an unknown or potentially
    unsafe downloaded file is opened, Windows will display a warning. If SmartScreen detects potentially unsafe web content in an app, Windows will display a warning in place of the content. To disable SmartScreen, follow the steps below:

• Type SmartScreen settings in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on Change Windows SmartScreen Settings in the left navigation pane.
    • Select the option, Don't do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen) and click on OK.

If you would like to develop a program, then suggest you to post your query in MSDN forums in the link provided below:

Msdn forums - Visual Studio General Questions

Hope the information provided is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Aug 11, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows 10 apps, downloading, antivirus, smartscreen... etc are not working

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 apps, downloading, antivirus, smartscreen... etc are not working

1. Windows 10 apps, downloading, antivirus, smartscreen... etc are not working - Similar Threads - apps downloading antivirus

2. Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download: My Windows 10 Pro SmartScreen setting is blocking every single download. Even downloads from Microsoft.com and it does not give me any option to “Download Anyway” as all the advice sites are saying. How do I fix this and still have security? I should not have to turn it off...
  3. Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download: My Windows 10 Pro SmartScreen setting is blocking every single download. Even downloads from Microsoft.com and it does not give me any option to “Download Anyway” as all the advice sites are saying. How do I fix this and still have security? I should not have to turn it off...
  4. Windows SmartScreen is Blocking Every Download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how to disable Microsoft SmartScreen to allow download of critical app

how to disable Microsoft SmartScreen to allow download of critical app: I have to download the latest version of a traffic signal timing app called Synchro from Trafficware and the SmartScreen won't let it through because it is an unknown provider...
  6. Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.

Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.: Please try to understand: my problem is because of the Smartscreen. The Smartscreen is blocking installation of our software, Clone Files Checker. Our users are facing problem installing the program on their Windows 10 computers. I am the developer of the application and our...
  7. smartscreen doesnt work on windows ltsc

smartscreen doesnt work on windows ltsc: Hello there, I noticed SmartScreen doesn't work in LTSC 2019.i have it enabled from group policies and App& browser control. pls, don't advice to run SFC/scannow and such commands cuz that's not gonna help. I tested smart screen against the demo page but they are all...
  8. SmartScreen filter prevents an app

SmartScreen filter prevents an app: I frequently visit a banking website. Every time SmartScreen prevents being unrecognized app from starting. I start it every time by pressing more info and then Run anyway. Is there any way by which I can add this website as an exception to SmartScreen filter so that it...
  9. Removing microsoft smartscreen for my downloadable app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing microsoft smartscreen for my downloadable app: Hi i have a website iCalc ... We have not formally launched yet... but I'm having a problem with WINDOWS 10 SMARTSCREEN blocking our downloadable calculator products which are built in .NET & Visual C++ ... We already have an SSL Certificate for our site ... We...
  10. Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Windows Store Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Windows Store Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off SmartScreen for Windows Store Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender SmartScreen for Store Apps in Windows 10 Windows Defender SmartScreen Filter helps protect your device by checking web content that Windows Store apps use....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender smartscreen is unreachable

2. windows defender smertscreen is unreachable