Windows 10: Windows 10 Apps Have Stopped Working

Discus and support Windows 10 Apps Have Stopped Working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an update, certain default apps (Edge, Powershell, Settings) as well as third party apps (Discord, McAfee) will not work. Sometimes I will get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Partice49, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Partice49 Win User

Windows 10 Apps Have Stopped Working

After an update, certain default apps (Edge, Powershell, Settings) as well as third party apps (Discord, McAfee) will not work. Sometimes I will get the message "This app can't open," other times the app will open for a split second before closing just as fast.

I have already tried using a restore point and even doing a factory reset. The problem persists.

Is there a solution?

:)

Partice49, Aug 23, 2018

2. Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

is anyone able to get it running on windows 10 :: BioShock General Discussions

Frag Maniac, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Apps Have Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Apps Stopped Working

2. Speakers have stopped working on some apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers have stopped working on some apps: Internal speaker tests ok, with sound, but there is no sound on videos/news/Netflix. Amazon music does work! I must have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere - any help will be appreciated!...
  3. Apps Stop Working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Stop Working in Windows 10: Hello For some reason a lot of my apps on Windows 10 have stopped working including the Microsoft store app. When I click on the apps nothing happens and its the same with all of the preinstalled apps. I update windows regularly, I have Norton anti-virus software and still...
  4. HELP WINDOWS 10 HAVE STOP WORKING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP WINDOWS 10 HAVE STOP WORKING: HI LUIS *** Email address is removed for privacy *** HI HELP YOU WINDOWN DRAVERS IT STOP WONKING HELP WINDOWS 10 HAVE STOP WORKING CAN YOU CALL 3478202376 MY PHONE...
  5. All Microsoft apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Microsoft apps have stopped working: I can't seem to get anything from Microsoft store or the Xbox app to work. I can't download any updates from the store and the Xbox app can't launch any games. I uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall but it just gets stuck on the window "Making things awesome". Has...
  6. windows apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows apps have stopped working: all of my windows apps have stopped working ,they just appear for a second on screen & collapse . these apps are working fine 2-3 days ago . but I don't know what happened with them . kindly help me...
  7. Apps and Software - Some apps have stopped working

Apps and Software - Some apps have stopped working: Is there anyway to find out which app is throwing up the error as this is a useless bit of information as it stands and the troubleshoot for it just clears temporary files which is not helpful in the slightest. Thanks...
  8. Apps on Windows 10 system have stopped working

Apps on Windows 10 system have stopped working: I've just this morning had about half of my apps cease working with the message "application cannot work" or words to the effect of. I've found a few solutions on-line but they all require me to run secpol.msc, which all seems to do with security statuses, and my machine...
  9. Windows 10 apps frequently stop working

Windows 10 apps frequently stop working: I've seen other people with this same problem, but the solution was complicated, and I know very little about computers. I HATE having to constantly restart my computer when this happens. My computer is older, and takes quite a while to restart, and I'm very impatient. 44062
  10. Apps have stopped working

Apps have stopped working: Just noticed that some Apps i.e. Weather & News have stopped working. I uninstalled them, then did a reinstall without success. The live tiles show the current weather & news headlines but as soon as they are opened, they become minimised to the taskbar. Clicking on the...