Windows 10: Windows 10 - apps minimizing

Discus and support Windows 10 - apps minimizing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Friday morning I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to MS Windows 10. Everything went great, so I thought. I open Edge, it minimizes, I open Netflix, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dawniec1, Oct 25, 2015.

1. dawniec1 Win User

Windows 10 - apps minimizing

Friday morning I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to MS Windows 10. Everything went great, so I thought. I open Edge, it minimizes, I open Netflix, it minimizes. Nothing except the home screen will stay up for any length of time.

:)

dawniec1, Oct 25, 2015
  2. Sarah Nuq Win User

Windows 10 apps minimizing

Hi,

To isolate this concern, please place the computer in
    clean boot mode
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Sarah Nuq, Oct 25, 2015
  3. Windows 10 apps minimizing

I bought this computer 4 months ago; so it has only had Windows 10 on it. From the beginning, some apps automatically minimize and won't open. I've tried everything I can think of, all the things that I could find on the net (like making sure the computer
    isn't in tablet mode). I've mostly learned to live with it, changing programs I'm using, constantly uninstalling/reinstalling others. Now I can't even open Microsoft's own Solitaire program. Yesterday, it minimized and won't open. The computer has been
    restarted several times, I still can't open that game.

CathyJones999, Oct 25, 2015
  4. Keithaba Win User

I'm having same issue, are you noticing a sound (like a windows beep) when it minimizes? I tried disabling touch input from device manager/hid compliant touch screen, but it still does it. I'm hoping someone answers this.

Keithaba, Nov 4, 2015
  5. dawniec1 Win User
    I ended up recreating the profile. If you haven't already - give it a go!

dawniec1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - apps minimizing - Similar Threads - apps minimizing

2. Games from Xbox app keep disconnecting from multiplayer when i minimize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games from Xbox app keep disconnecting from multiplayer when i minimize: The main problem is games closing connection to multiplayer sessions when i minimize them. For example: Astroneer, Minecraft Windows edition. All of this games i play that have this problem are from the Xbox App so i looked for solutions online but i didn't get anything that...
  3. Games from Xbox app keep disconnecting from multiplayer when i minimize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games from Xbox app keep disconnecting from multiplayer when i minimize: The main problem is games closing connection to multiplayer sessions when i minimize them. For example: Astroneer, Minecraft Windows edition. All of this games i play that have this problem are from the Xbox App so i looked for solutions online but i didn't get anything that...
  4. Minimize animation goes to the incorrect app in the taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize animation goes to the incorrect app in the taskbar Windows 11: Recently I've noticed that the minimize animation of the apps to the right of a point on my taskbar would all minimize to that point instead of where the app is actually located on the taskbar. I'm not sure if this happened after an update or just popped up recently. The last...
  5. Minimize animation goes to the incorrect app in the taskbar Windows 11

Minimize animation goes to the incorrect app in the taskbar Windows 11: Recently I've noticed that the minimize animation of the apps to the right of a point on my taskbar would all minimize to that point instead of where the app is actually located on the taskbar. I'm not sure if this happened after an update or just popped up recently. The last...
  6. Audio terrible when I use a app but then when I minimize it, it sounds ok

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio terrible when I use a app but then when I minimize it, it sounds ok: When I play a game the audio is ok but then freeze for like 3 seconds and then the audio quality goes terrible. when i minimize it it does the same thing and then it sounds ok, when in settings in those like seconds the volume bar has another bar inside it showing proof the...
  7. Audio terrible when I use a app but then when I minimize it, it sounds ok

Audio terrible when I use a app but then when I minimize it, it sounds ok: When I play a game the audio is ok but then freeze for like 3 seconds and then the audio quality goes terrible. when i minimize it it does the same thing and then it sounds ok, when in settings in those like seconds the volume bar has another bar inside it showing proof the...
  8. Apps Keep Minimizing on thier own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps Keep Minimizing on thier own: I've done everything and many things as provided in other message or questions for solutions to my apps minimizing on their own and having to reload my sound card driver. I cant find what the problems is, and I am pretty advance as compare to no-technical people.I even backed...
  9. Apps Keep Minimizing on thier own

Apps Keep Minimizing on thier own: I've done everything and many things as provided in other message or questions for solutions to my apps minimizing on their own and having to reload my sound card driver. I cant find what the problems is, and I am pretty advance as compare to no-technical people.I even backed...
  10. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: All games and applications with Fullscreen mode minimize automatically and frequently during use. I have tried numerous fixes from turning game mode off to changing registry settings. My graphics drivers and windows version are up to date. Apps are required to be ran in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook window minimizes when moving over to second monitor

2. apps minimizing when using a second monitor

3. applications minimize randomly windows 10

4. windows 10 keeps minimizing apps,
  5. windows 10 apps automatically minimize,
  6. Windows 10 apps automitically minimizing,
  7. windows 10 1809 minimizing application