Windows 10: Windows 10 apps not appearing

Discus and support Windows 10 apps not appearing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Installed 10 about a month ago and still getting used to it and like it overall. However, once in a while when starting up the apps do not appear on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jerry in Mass, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Windows 10 apps not appearing

Installed 10 about a month ago and still getting used to it and like it overall. However, once in a while when starting up the apps do not appear on the bottom. The shortcuts are there and are somewhat usuable. In additon, I can't get the computer to shut down normally as clicking on the windows icon creates no response. Have had to shut down via Task Manager or manual shutdown via power button. Restarting takes a while but it then comes back to normal. Any idea of why this is happening and what can be done to fix this? Don't want to spend money setting up an account with MS!!!

*Mad

:)

Jerry in Mass, Jun 28, 2016

2. Apps logo not appearing

Hi, I am using a gaming pc. after two months my pc apps logo on the desktop are not showing i have tried many things nothing have worked. Anyone who can help me. Appreciated

Muhammad AnasBhatti, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Apps logo not appearing

Try reset your icon cache:

To Reset Icon cache follow the below mentioned steps –

1. Right click on empty area of the desktop and click on Personalize.

2. Click on the Display Properties link.

3. Under Colors, select Medium (16-bit) and click on Apply. (See screenshot below)

NOTE: If you already have Medium (16-bit) selected, then select Highest (32-bit) instead. Sometimes you will need to do a restart first, then proceed to step 4. Try both ways.

A) Click yes to confirm the new settings.

4. Now, select Highest (32-bit) and click on OK.

NOTE: If you already have Highest (32-bit) selected, then select Medium (16-bit) instead.

A) Click on Yes to confirm the new settings.

To Rebuild icon cache follow the below mentioned steps -

1. Open Folder Options to select (dot) Show hidden files and folders.

2. Open a Windows Explorer window.

3. Go to C:\Users\(User Name)\ImageAppData\Local

4. Right click on ImageIconCache.db and click on Delete.

5. Click on Yes to confirm the deletion.

NOTE: This deletes the file to the Recycle Bin. It is safe to empty the Recycle Bin when finished.

6. Close the window.

7. Empty the Recycle Bin.

8. Restart the computer.

9. When you go back, you will notice the Size of the ImageIconCache.db file is smaller, and the Date Modified is now the current date. (See screenshot below)

NOTE: If for some reason ImageIconCache.db is not there or the size has not changed much, then just restart the computer again. You may need to restart a couple of times in some cases.

10. The icon cache has been rebuilt.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 28, 2016
  4. Hazel123 Win User

Windows 10 apps not appearing

Hi - was it a clean install or an upgrade? I've had issues like that after an upgrade, but they all went away with a clean install. You don't need to set up an account with Microsoft. I just clean installed on a laptop after doing the upgrade to activate W10 and everything works perfectly. I just chose a login name on set up and login as you would on W7. I have Cortana turned off and we don't use the Microsoft Store for apps. Some apps are preinstalled. If you wanted apps from the Microsoft store you'd need to open a Microsoft account. We just have W10 set up with our usual programs. It's nice and zippy and the notification panel is good and informative. Obviously back everything up first and save personal files separately as well. A clean install is quite quick I found - 15 minutes or so. There aren't that many windows updates to do on installation either.

Hazel123, Jun 28, 2016
  5. It was an downloaded installed upgrade from 8.1 on my DELL desktop. I also installed MS Office 2016 via a licensed download after going to W10. All of the programs for the MS Office are on the bottom bar of Apps as no shortcuts were created. Thanks for your input, any other thoughts on this would be appreciated.

*Huh

Jerry in Mass, Jun 28, 2016
  6. Hazel123 Win User
    If you have a system image for Windows 8.1 saved and your files backed up, I would go to doing a clean install with Windows 10 now. It takes about 15 minutes to install, not many Windows updates to do. It should all be fine then. Then you can re-install your programs and personal files and re-download the MS Office you bought. You can burn the ISO for Windows 10 here

Scroll down the page to the blue box that says "Download tool now" and a window will open - you select Windows 10 and whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit. After it's downloaded the ISO, burn it to dvd and you can install from that. When you install, you need to select whether it's home or professional version (has to be the same version as your W8.1) and when you get to product key you just click "I don't have a product key" (you don't need one - W10 is already activated on the machine). Important thing is making a list of all programs and product keys for them first, saving personal files to SD card or whatever, ready to put back on, and a system image of your old Windows 8.1 Set up would also be a quick way to go back to it if you ever want or need to. With a clean install all the apps and icons will be in the right place.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10

Hazel123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 apps not appearing

1. Windows 10 apps not appearing - Similar Threads - apps appearing

2. I have this app called uninstall in my laptop and it suspiciously suddenly appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have this app called uninstall in my laptop and it suspiciously suddenly appeared: When I updated a game, it said it was created in 2023, which I never knew or saw. I found another question like that here, so I followed the suggestion there, but it was nowhere to be found aside from my desktop. What should I do?...
  3. I have this app called uninstall in my laptop and it suspiciously suddenly appeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have this app called uninstall in my laptop and it suspiciously suddenly appeared: When I updated a game, it said it was created in 2023, which I never knew or saw. I found another question like that here, so I followed the suggestion there, but it was nowhere to be found aside from my desktop. What should I do?...
  4. When I open Angry Birds this is a third-party app an error appears saying "call stack not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open Angry Birds this is a third-party app an error appears saying "call stack not...: I redownloaded the .exe file and have gone into compatibility mode, tried to fix it through the installer, and the same error came up. What am I doing wrong?...
  5. When I open Angry Birds this is a third-party app an error appears saying "call stack not...

When I open Angry Birds this is a third-party app an error appears saying "call stack not...: I redownloaded the .exe file and have gone into compatibility mode, tried to fix it through the installer, and the same error came up. What am I doing wrong?...
  6. What can I do so that it no longer appears and my apps run faster again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do so that it no longer appears and my apps run faster again: When I log in, this image appears briefly and my PC apps then take a while to start. When I went to the white setup screen, it said something with a Microsoft account....
  7. What can I do so that it no longer appears and my apps run faster again

What can I do so that it no longer appears and my apps run faster again: When I log in, this image appears briefly and my PC apps then take a while to start. When I went to the white setup screen, it said something with a Microsoft account....
  8. My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms: Two weeks ago I adjusted my app's availability to public and using the Microsoft Store 'search' box does not show the product by name its called "MonkeyPaste" or any of the search terms I provided like "Clipboard". In both cases I have scrolled all the way to the bottom of...
  9. My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms

My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms: Two weeks ago I adjusted my app's availability to public and using the Microsoft Store 'search' box does not show the product by name its called "MonkeyPaste" or any of the search terms I provided like "Clipboard". In both cases I have scrolled all the way to the bottom of...
  10. Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...

Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection...: I have entered safe mode and deleted the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History folder as some people have suggested and this has not helped. How can I see what the potentially unwanted application is and if I wanted keep it. How do I remove the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. imageiconcache.db