Windows 10: Windows 10 apps randomly losing their icons?

Discus and support Windows 10 apps randomly losing their icons? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After my computer restarted in one of the updates recently all my windows app icons started looking like this, Am I the only one getting this or anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shiroee, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Shiroee Win User

Windows 10 apps randomly losing their icons?

After my computer restarted in one of the updates recently all my windows app icons started looking like this, Am I the only one getting this or anyone else experiencing this

Windows 10 apps randomly losing their icons? [​IMG]

:)

Shiroee, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jul 27, 2018
  4. twicksisted Win User

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 apps randomly losing their icons? - Similar Threads - apps randomly losing

2. Active window randomly loses focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active window randomly loses focus: On the new computer I got about 2 months ago, the window I am using sometimes loses focus at random. I can be typing something and then suddenly it will stop accepting my input and make a sound, or I could be scrolling and suddenly it would stop. I can't even play Minecraft...
  3. Windows 10 Apps start randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Apps start randomly: Windows 10 Apps start randomly on my computer (even when I am not using it). Maybe it is just Apps on the task bar? Making apps "normal" size does not help. "Normal" size apps can still start up randomly. Up to date with windows upgrades. I am using Trend Micro...
  4. Microsoft tiles are losing icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft tiles are losing icons in Windows 10: I found a few close posts, but they're locked. First Skype's icon in the systray began disappearing, now the Office icons are missing from their tiles. In both cases, the tiles and systray are still work, they're just blank. In the case of the menu tiles, they have the...
  5. Windows 10 Apps Blank Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Apps Blank Icons: Hello friends, I encounter this problem on my operating system. It has happened with different PC's Any solution? Image : https://i.imgur.com/fioNIoY.png [img] 48999
  6. losing wifi for windows apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    losing wifi for windows apps: I purchase my laptop last March and was running 8.1. I upgraded to 10 and am now having issues with wifi being connected and then losing wifi connection for only outlook and micorsoft edge. I can still access the internet through chrome or internet explorer. I have call...
  7. Windows 10 loses internet randomly, then entire house cannot connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 loses internet randomly, then entire house cannot connect: Hello, I'm new here, but not new to computers. I appreciate any help, and apologize if there have been similar posts, but I have done a lot of searching and have not been able to find my specific problem elsewhere. I have been having this problem for a while now, and...
  8. Windows 10 App Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 App Icons Missing: Hi guys Upgraded to 10 few months ago and loving it but one thing thats kind of annoying me is apps like Mail, Calendar, Ebay etc when i put onto the desktop the app icons stay but after a short time they dissapear and are replaced with a white paper icon How can i fix...
  9. Losing icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing icons: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I've lost the power level (battery) and the sound level control icons. What do I have to do to get them back? When I try to activate them they're grayed out. Best regards. *Mad 29032
  10. Losing 'always display' notification icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing 'always display' notification icons: Whenever something refreshes my taskbar (seems to happen a lot with 10) I lose the icons I have set to 'always display', the only way to get them back is to stop and start the programs or restart Windows - flipping the switches has no effect!!! Any ideas how to fix? If MS...