Windows 10: Windows 10 April 2018 Update wants to install itself again...

Discus and support Windows 10 April 2018 Update wants to install itself again... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just now on my Alienware 14 laptop, I got an automatic notification to install Windows 10 Version 1803 again, right after letting Windows install it 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EmBlaze, Jun 11, 2018.

1. EmBlaze Win User

Windows 10 April 2018 Update wants to install itself again...

Just now on my Alienware 14 laptop, I got an automatic notification to install Windows 10 Version 1803 again, right after letting Windows install it 2 days ago. I currently have no issues with the new edition, and have nothing to gain from installing it again.

I think I'll reset Windows Update, and consider it more seriously if this happens afterwards once again. But this is a first for me, though I've seen it happen for more minor updates. Anyone ever seen this before? Thanks!

:)

EmBlaze, Jun 11, 2018
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

How to resolve problems installing the Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

What should I do if I’m having trouble installing the Windows 10 April 2018 Update? For example, what steps should I try if I’m having any of the following problems:

• While updating to the latest version, Windows restarts and goes back to the old version.
    • The update to the latest version of Windows gets stuck for hours, so I had to restart and go back to the old version.
    • I thought I installed the latest version of Windows, but now Windows Update says I need to install it again.
    • I tried to update to the latest version, but now I can’t sign into Windows or reach the desktop.

Ariel Acu, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Window 10 april 2018 update - auto logoff issue

Since installing windows 10 April 2018, windows auto logs off while I am using it.

It is a laptop and is fully powered so there should be no reason for this.

This has also happened to a few other people in the office since receiving the April 2018 update.

All applications are shut down and as you can imagine is frustrating.

Any suggestions to prevent this would be gratefully .

GarethMorse, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 April 2018 Update wants to install itself again...

1. Windows 10 April 2018 Update wants to install itself again... - Similar Threads - April 2018 Update

2. Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April 2018 update: The install finishes but then leaves a white screen - I do not believe it is the white screen of death as there is a menu in the top left corner. It is asks several questions such as voice activation etc but the problem is that there is NO way out of that screen and I have to...
  3. windows update April 2018

windows update April 2018: Normally at the end of every month I get a notice that Windows is going to update and make it better (just a text message to my notifications panel). I usually let the update happen. Last night I got notification that support for the April 2018 update is ending in November...
  4. Windows Update Wants to Install Itself Again

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Wants to Install Itself Again: I updated my Desktop Computer Windows to 1903 on Tuesday evening. WinVer says it is 1903 (Build 18362.239) Friday, 2 days later, it wants me to install 1903 again next time I Restart or Shut Down Getting scared, cb 138640
  5. Windows Update Wants to Install Itself Again

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Wants to Install Itself Again: I updated my Desktop Computer Windows to 1903 on Tuesday evening. WinVer says it is 1903 (Build 18362.239) Friday, 2 days later, it wants me to install 1903 again next time I Restart or Shut Down Getting scared, cb 138640
  6. Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 April 2018 update: I am an American temporarily in Greece and am trying to load the New Windows 10 Update from April 2018. This update is taking several hours. Also, my screen seems to be stuck between the"Hi" and "this may take a few minutes" screens. Could this be because I am in a...
  7. April 2018 update

April 2018 update: My PC automatically updated the April windows 10 update and ever since it has been slow and wont connect to any device via any connection method including the basics such as using a USB cable and bluetooth....
  8. Windows 10 April 2018 Update install itself again...

Windows 10 April 2018 Update install itself again...: Just now on my Alienware 14 laptop, I got an automatic notification to install Windows 10 Version 1803 again, right after letting Windows install it 2 days ago. I currently have no issues with the new edition, and have nothing to gain from installing it again. I think I'll...
  9. Should I install again Windows KB4056892 on Win 10 April 2018 Update?

Should I install again Windows KB4056892 on Win 10 April 2018 Update?: Hello, Do I have to install again KB4056892 in my Windows 10 April 2018 Update latest build, after a clean install? KB4056892 is the original Sceptre/Meltdown patch for WINDOWS 10 Thanks Came 110403
  10. update april 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update april 2018: i 've proceed to the last upgrade but this turned me into some problem. see annexes [img] i had never this app installed, nor i cannot find it trough device manager also i cannot save anymore files by my official photoshop since i have annouce as follows [img] before the...