Windows 10: Windows 10 April Update 1803 Remote desktop not working / CredSSP error fix.

Discus and support Windows 10 April Update 1803 Remote desktop not working / CredSSP error fix. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi one and all. I would just like to share a fix that requires no registry tweaking or rollbacks to previous windows to fix. The problem I believe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulJeffs, Aug 18, 2018.

1. PaulJeffs Win User

Windows 10 April Update 1803 Remote desktop not working / CredSSP error fix.

Hi one and all.

I would just like to share a fix that requires no registry tweaking or rollbacks to previous windows to fix.

The problem I believe stems from the old remote desktop app on windows not able to deal with Kerberos authentication. I wont go into all the technical

stuff with it as I don't really understand the full in and outs of the security and apps.

To fix the problem just visit the Microsoft store and install the latest remote desktop app.

This fix worked for me and as I understood where the problem existed not just in windows but Linux too. This may not be for everyone but I do believe it reared its ugly head in some other earlier versions / updates and this may also help you if your issue started there as well.

copy / paste link in to your browser:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/microsoft-remote-desktop/9wzdncrfj3ps?activetab=pivotWindows 10 April Update 1803 Remote desktop not working / CredSSP error fix. :eek:verviewtab

Download and install and hey presto you should be back on to rdp.

hope this helps,

paul

:)

PaulJeffs, Aug 18, 2018
  2. LH19BK Win User

CredSSP Oracle Remediation Error for Remote Desktop since Windows 10 Home Update

How do I fix the CredSSP Oracle Remediation error when I am trying to connect with Remote Desktop? I have Windows 10 Home version and it does not allow me to go to gpedit.msc. It looks like an easy fix to change mitigated to vunerable. How do I change
    this on Windows 10 Home?

LH19BK, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Version 1803 having issues with RDP CredSSP encryption

New issue accessing RDP sessions on jump client machines with Windows 10 version 1803 installed.

Is there a KB that is needed on Windows server 2008 or 2008 R2, Windows server 2012, or uninstalled from Win10 version 1803 or Windows 7? Is there a patch being worked on?

Issue does not affect those using remote desktop services to access servers on 2016.

This issue is only affecting those on Windows Version 1803. Those on version 1709 can RDP into ALL. ERROR found:

An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is not supported. This could be due to CredSSP encryption oracle remediation. For more information, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=866660

April 17, 2018

The Remote Desktop Client (RDP) update update in KB
    will enhance the error message that is presented when an updated client fails to connect to a server that has not been updated.

Will removing KB4093120 allow the RDP to work? IT SEEMS TO.... What KB(s) would be needed on the servers 2008 and above to mitigate this without applying the GPO?

There was a Windows 7 update that rendered the same issue: Now RDP Desktop Connection shows: An Authentication error has occurred. The function requested is not supported. Remote Computer and shows IP. Also does not work when DNS name is used from the
    canonical.

Randy Kowalczyk, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Windows 10 April Update 1803 Remote desktop not working / CredSSP error fix.

Remote Desktop Error : CredSSP encryption oracle remediation

Hi ,

I just got this error : CredSSP encryption oracle remediation when i try to remote desktop to a server which install window 2008 R2.

Just happen after update system.

Windows 10 April Update 1803 Remote desktop not working / CredSSP error fix. 8718c399-2327-4c0c-b620-d104b335f85e?upload=true.png

How can i fix it?

leolee_365, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 April Update 1803 Remote desktop not working / CredSSP error fix.

1. Windows 10 April Update 1803 Remote desktop not working / CredSSP error fix. - Similar Threads - April Update 1803

2. Remote desktop connection fails due to authentication error “CredSSP e

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop connection fails due to authentication error “CredSSP e: Remote desktop connection fails due to authentication error “CredSSP encryption oracle remediation", I couldn’t figure out why I’m getting the message in the screenshot below as I applied “Remote desktop connection”. The resources and documentation in the internet doesn’t...
  3. Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.: One of the PCs has the remote desktop enabled to connect from the other. The problem that arose is that now I cannot connect by typing the name of the computer, just by its IP. I have two Windows 10 Pro computers that I upgraded to the 1803 version. Help....
  4. Error when updating to Windows 10 1803 (April 2018 Update)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when updating to Windows 10 1803 (April 2018 Update): I need help with Windows 10 Update. It keeps saying that the update failed. I saw this instruction that said to uninstall my video card, but it gives me a blank screen like if I didn’t have my laptop display on....
  5. Windows 10 Build 1803 Remote Desktop not working when Firewall on!!

Windows 10 Build 1803 Remote Desktop not working when Firewall on!!: Hi All, I am using Windows 10 OS and i have disabled all the TCP & UDP port through Firewall and explicitly allowed Port 3389 (TCP & UDP) and able to take remote desktop from other system without any issue.Further to enabling Windows defender firewall ,unable to access...
  6. window 10 update april 1803 error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window 10 update april 1803 error: sir when we update win 10 april in my pc it's download complete but when it's verify download process then he saw a message error code-0*80070017. please help me sir?...
  7. Windows 10 slowed after april 1803 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slowed after april 1803 update: I recently updated my OS to 1803 but after the update, the pc has become really slow. I think it is because of the graphics driver but I can't update them. I use an AMD GPU and I don't know why but some of my games ( Fortnite etc.) can't run properly and some won't run at all...
  8. Windows 10 version 1803 Remote Desktop Problem

Windows 10 version 1803 Remote Desktop Problem: My Desktop system was recently automatically updated to version 1803 and rebooted by windows update. Since then I can only Remote Desktop into this machine when I am already logged on at the desktop. If I am logged in at the desktop the Remote Desktop connection is successful...
  9. FIX - Slow performance in Win10 April Update (1803)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FIX - Slow performance in Win10 April Update (1803): I noticed that my computer had somekind slow performance on windows opening, window dragging, I wasn't able to create a "true" second desktop because I use way too many programs at same time (I have 16GB ram) and after "upgrading" to april update, -I waited a month to black...
  10. Remote Desktop Clients - April 2017 Update for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop Clients - April 2017 Update for Windows 10: Here are the highlights of the latest updates to the Remote Desktop clients. You can download the apps from their respective stores on these platforms: Windows 10 Android iOS macOS macOS Beta You can find a comparison of different capabilities between the different...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WIndows 1803 credssp issue with Windows 7

2. credssp patch for windows 10 1803

3. credssp remote desktop connection not working

4. windows 10 1803 credssp fix,
  5. como corrigir credssp 1803 windows 10,
  6. credssp 1803 windows 10 remote desktop,
  7. credssp not working after update,
  8. remote desktop error windows april 1803,
  9. CredSSP encription cannot remote to pc