Windows 10: Windows 10 April update fails with"sihost.exe- System Warning". How do I recover?

Discus and support Windows 10 April update fails with"sihost.exe- System Warning". How do I recover? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Auto update of latest Windows 10 version fails with error message "sihost.exe - System Warning" "Unknown hard erroe". I have tried Windows Media tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by palmerbyrne, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 April update fails with"sihost.exe- System Warning". How do I recover?

Auto update of latest Windows 10 version fails with error message "sihost.exe - System Warning" "Unknown hard erroe". I have tried Windows Media tool to fix and It didn't work. What is the fix?

:)

palmerbyrne, Jul 19, 2018

2. windows 10 sihost unknown error

Is there a fix for the April windows 10 sihost "unknown error"?

Thanks

martineley, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 April update fails with"sihost.exe- System Warning". How do I recover?

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 April update fails with"sihost.exe- System Warning". How do I recover?

1. Windows 10 April update fails with"sihost.exe- System Warning". How do I recover? - Similar Threads - April update fails

2. How Do I Recover From a RAW File System?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Recover From a RAW File System?: When the last Microsoft updates were applied something did not go right. Windows provided the RESTORE Screen and proceeded to restore my computer to some extent. Everything seemed okay except for 1of my 4 External Hard Drives. This drive was unreadable. I used DISKPART to...
  3. How Do I Recover From a RAW File System?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Recover From a RAW File System?: When the last Microsoft updates were applied something did not go right. Windows provided the RESTORE Screen and proceeded to restore my computer to some extent. Everything seemed okay except for 1of my 4 External Hard Drives. This drive was unreadable. I used DISKPART to...
  4. how do i recover admin password for system restore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i recover admin password for system restore: so I'm trying to do a complete system restore and it needs my admin password. I have exhausted all passwords I think it can be and I am able to login to my Microsoft account. I'm confused and need help...
  5. How do I recover the reserved system partition in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I recover the reserved system partition in Windows 10?: I was removing Linux Ubuntu so I could return my laptop to a single boot system and recover the drive space Linux had occupied. All seemed fine until I got the error message "error: no such partition. Entering rescue mode...grub rescue." All of the methods to fix this made...
  6. Windows 10 Cumulative Updates failing to install since April

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Cumulative Updates failing to install since April: The last successful Windows 10 Cumulative Update was in March KB4551762. Since then, every single update has failed to install: 20th June 2020-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4560960 FAILED: 0x800f0988 9th June 2020-05 Cumulative...
  7. HOW DO I RECOVER A DOCUMENT ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW DO I RECOVER A DOCUMENT ON WINDOWS 10: I NEED TO RECOVER MY DOCUMENTS ON WINDOWS 10. LAST WORKED ON JUNE 8TH 2020, CALLED THE SPANISH ARMADA. I WAS DOWN TO HALFWAY THROUGH 2ND CHAPTER, THANK YOU....
  8. Windows 10 updates failing since April of 2019

Windows 10 updates failing since April of 2019: Pick your choice.. Nothing has updated since last April. The updates run incessantly every week for the past year. I have been screaming in the feedback section and nothing is said or done. I have tried some of the suggestions I have found on the web to reset the update...
  9. Windows April Update Failed to Install

Windows April Update Failed to Install: My PC Windows 10 update was already downloaded (100%) in the Windows Update section in Settings. It says "Feature Update.... 1803". Then the installation only reached 4% and it stopped. How is this?...
  10. System Protection in April update

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Protection in April update: I notice in the System Properties/System Protection it lists "System" under available drives and system protection is turned off for this. (It's turned on for my C drive.) Should system protection also be turned on for System? 109262
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sihost.exe - system warning after windows 10 update