Windows 10: Windows 10 (April update) unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update

Discus and support Windows 10 (April update) unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I get error message when I try to update printer driver list: Windows was unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update. Please try again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Schepy, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Schepy Win User

Windows 10 (April update) unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update

I get error message when I try to update printer driver list:

Windows was unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update. Please try again later.

I am only using built in Windows defender and didn't mess up with firewall. I tried Windows Update troubleshooter and I tried to solve it by deleting SoftwareDistribution folder (fist stop service and then after delete starting it), all without success.

I have two PC's (desktop and laptop), both with the same problem. The only difference is desktop is 1 year old (laptop is brand new) so I already have wanted driver on desktop because driver update worked before. Both PC's are running up-to-date Windows.

Regular Windows Update work fine.

I know transferring driver from one PC to the other is probably doable, but I would like normal solution - a driver Windows Update if possible.

Printer is HP Color Laserjet 2600n (and I want driver without "Class driver" in the name so I can print on both sides of paper).

Region: Croatia (EU)

:)

Schepy, Jul 10, 2018

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Jul 10, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Drone Win User
Thema:

Windows 10 (April update) unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update

1. Windows 10 (April update) unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update - Similar Threads - April update unable

2. Installing old printers to Windows 10 - Windows was unable to get list of devices from...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing old printers to Windows 10 - Windows was unable to get list of devices from...: Trying to install printer driver to my computer. Printer is connected via usb. Printer is auto detected as a devices but is Unspecified. Printing using it does nothing.In Devices and Printers, click Add New Printer, then this printer is not in the list, then local printer...
  3. Windows unable to get a list of print drivers from windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows unable to get a list of print drivers from windows update: Installing a new network printer using Control Panel > Devices and Printers and using option TCP/IP option and when I search for more printer drivers I receive notice that says "Windows was unable to get a list of devices from Windows Update. Please try again later".I have...
  4. From HTG Windows 10 April Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From HTG Windows 10 April Update: BSOD Windows 10 April Update. Worthy of a read, from How To Geeks https://www.howtogeek.com/410077/win...in-some-games/ 130186
  5. Windows 10 April Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April Update: Hello, I just want to know about the windows 10 April 2019 Update. Its date and how to check compatibility of my PC for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-april-update/8ca37a05-80c8-4fcc-8604-a844e008e329
  6. Windows 10 April update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 April update: I have just updated my Windows 10 Home edition with the latest April update hoping as per say that some apps will get updated but it seemed not happening. The Paint 3D is still the same as before without 3D Remix feature which I desperately needed. Even my calculator when I...
  7. Windows 10 April update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April update: My laptop is running older version of windows anniversary update..i have daily 3gb high speed can i able to buy windows 10 April update cd so that i can install the latest version..is such a service available in India..home delivery of the april update..if it is so where can...
  8. Unable to reactivate bitlocker Windows 10 April 2018 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to reactivate bitlocker Windows 10 April 2018 update: I have a system that dual boots. Windows 10 and any version of Linux that I am playing with. Disk 0 has Windows 10 Disk 1 has Linux After I did my last installation, I got the bitlocker asking for recovery password. Right now, I am unable to reactive it. I'm getting the...
  9. Get a list of devices ready for the official Windows Update 10

in Windows 10 News
    Get a list of devices ready for the official Windows Update 10: Get a list of devices ready for the official Windows Update 10 This is not another Mexican bluff nor any other employee of a bored married couple leaked T-Mobile is responsible for networking. Below you can see the models of smartphones, Windows Phone, that qualify for...
  10. How to get the Windows 10 April 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to get the Windows 10 April 2018 Update: During the Fall Creators Update roll out we pilot tested machine learning (ML) to intelligently select devices that our feedback data indicated would have a great update experience... ...For the April 2018 Update rollout, we will expand our use of ML to identify the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows was unable to get a list of devices from windows update 2019

2. windows was unable to get a list of devices windows 10

3. windows was unable to get a list of devices from windows update windows 10

4. windows was unable to get a list of devices,
  5. windows was unable to get a list of devices from windows 10,
  6. windows was unable to get a list of devices from windows update,
  7. unable to get a list of devices from windows update,
  8. windows was unable to get a list of devices 10,
  9. windows was unable to get the list of devices from windows update in win 10 os