Windows 10: Windows 10 Asus touchpad - Can't open folders/icons using double tap

Discus and support Windows 10 Asus touchpad - Can't open folders/icons using double tap in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys, this is my first ever post on this forum. Thank you very much for taking your time to support me. So I've been using this Asus K401L... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wanacharaya, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Asus touchpad - Can't open folders/icons using double tap

Hello guys, this is my first ever post on this forum. Thank you very much for taking your time to support me.

So I've been using this Asus K401L with Windows 10 installed for over 3 weeks and it's been working perfectly. Yesterday, my touchpad started to act strange and I was unable to double tap to open folders/icons. It is very strange because, I can double tap and move the touchpad and select all, and even single tap works. It's just that, I can't double tap and open folders. I plugged in my external mouse and I had no issues.
    I tried repairing Asus Smart gestures, playing around with mouse properties, but nothing seems to work and I still can't open anything that requires double tap. I can even double tap on an icon and drag in anywhere using touchpad. Double tap to launch/open isn't working and that's the problem.

NOTE: My laptop doesn't have Elan Settings in mouse options.

Things I did yesterday : Using Eclipse, Changed "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings" and changed what closing the lid does to "nothing" and after some time I reverted it back to "sleep" and I installed COD Ghosts, which took almost 2 hours to archive.

Hope you guys will help me to fix this issues. Thank you very much *Smile

:)

wanacharaya, Nov 26, 2015

2. Triple touchpad tap doesn't work

I have asus N552VW laptop, it has win10 installed. I can't use triple touchpad tap to e.g. select the whole textbox text. It simply ignores triple taps, I can double tap to select word but triple click
    does nothing inside textbox on any site/app. I have the latest driver installed (according to Win10 check). Does anybody know if it's win 10 feature/asus feature/ bug?

AlexanderKovalenko, Nov 26, 2015
  3. timshaw1 Win User
    How to switch single tap for a single click to a double tap for a single click???

Right - there is a difference between single tap and single click and double tap and double click

when i "single tap" on the touchpad - i tap it (rather than click the pad down) and that would perform the task of a single click - i find this function very annoying as it makes me inadvertently open folders and files i am not looking to open - so i went
    to touchpad settings and turned off the "single tap to single click" function

I would, however, like to change this so a double TAP performs the function of a single click. Can a Dell XPS with windows 10 do this or is apple the only company to offer a useful function like this?

thanks

timshaw1, Nov 26, 2015
  4. Damon Win User

Windows 10 Asus touchpad - Can't open folders/icons using double tap

Hey just saw your post! If you're still having issues, go to the windows mouse settings via start -> control panel -> mouse, and lower the slider on the double click speed setting. I have mine set to around 3/5th and works absolutely fine for me!

Damon, Jan 31, 2016
  5. DAMON YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!
    It's been months and only after trying your method I've fixed the issue. It was an obvious fix, staring right at me. *Biggrin
    Thanks a lot buddy, you rock!

wanacharaya, Jan 31, 2016
  6. Damon Win User
    Had the same issue and thought I'd google it before taking a look myself! Found your post but saw no response. Had a quick fiddle around, solved the issue and thought the polite thing to do would be to let you know! *Smile

Damon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Asus touchpad - Can't open folders/icons using double tap

1. Windows 10 Asus touchpad - Can't open folders/icons using double tap - Similar Threads - Asus touchpad Can't

2. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The "touchpad settings" only has a sensitivity option.The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad...
  3. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  4. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  5. Touchpad double tap issue...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad double tap issue...: I have acer aspire 3 a315-33-c89l it's touchpad supports 5+ fingers tap but after a update it supporting only one finger tap. When i tried to change setiings, setting only shows sensitivity of touchpad...[ATTACH] Before it shows many gestures and settings...i tried to...
  6. Double Tap

Double Tap: When I want to "enter" something and I tap that key, it always returns to the same empty space and I have to re-enter and tap "enter" again. What can cause that? It is annoying....
  7. How to disable double tap on touchpad

How to disable double tap on touchpad: After this new Windows 10 update I cannot find the settings to turn off touchpad double tap feature. Its annoying that Microsoft has changed the layout of windows when there was no need to. Before the update is was very easy to do. Please can someone show me how to turn...
  8. Double tap to drag without losing double tap to select

Double tap to drag without losing double tap to select: Hello! New laptop, new touchpad. Found the "Tap twice and drag to multi-select" feature. I want to be able to do two things: 1) Double tap on a word to select the entire word 2) Double tap and drag (on whatever; e.g. a scrollbar) to drag the thing If I turn ON "Tap...
  9. Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows How to Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable on demand. The...
  10. Dell XPS12, 10130, touchpad double tap not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS12, 10130, touchpad double tap not working: Hi all. Using 10130 dual booted with 8.1 on an XPS12. I have the latest available driver which admittedly is over a year old. The touchpad does not recognise double tap to activate, such as when trying to move into a folder in explorer. I've been through every option,...