Windows 10: Windows 10 At Startup Not Detecting Ext Hard Drives connected through USB Hub

Discus and support Windows 10 At Startup Not Detecting Ext Hard Drives connected through USB Hub in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Windows 10, at Startup, does not detect the 4 external hard drives connected to my PC through a USB Hub. If I unplug the hub and plug it back it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Richard A.(2), Jul 10, 2018.

1. Windows 10 At Startup Not Detecting Ext Hard Drives connected through USB Hub

My Windows 10, at Startup, does not detect the 4 external hard drives connected to my PC through a USB Hub. If I unplug the hub and plug it back it, then the drives are all detected. I've tried disabling the USB Suspension option and slowed down the start up speed. Neither improved the situation. Is there a limited to the number of USB devices that can be detected at Startup? Is there anything else which might resolve this issue? This started happening when I had to re-install Windows 10 on my Lenovo desktop computer . . . which I assume is the latest version of Windows 10. Anybody else have this problem?

:)

Richard A.(2), Jul 10, 2018
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Toshiba Ext Hard Drive

Hi Tony,

I realize that you are facing the issue connecting the external hard drive in Windows 10, let me assist you.

To assist you better, let us know the following details.

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your system?
    • What is the make and model of your system?
    • Do other USB devices are getting connected to the system?

As an initial step if troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the external hard drive through different USB ports and check if it is getting detected, also try connecting the same external hard drive to a different Windows 10 system.

Also, connect the external hard drive to the system and check whether the device is shown in Device Manager.

• Type Device Manager in the Search bar and press
      Enter key.
    • Click on View option and click on Show hidden devices.
    • Check whether the device is shown.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jul 10, 2018
  3. m1dg3t Win User
    Reccomend USB Ext/Hub

Looking for some help in finding a USB Ext/Hub so i can sit on my couch while playing game's lol It need's to be high speed to work well with my mouse/kb

Thank's!

m1dg3t, Jul 10, 2018
  4. SVLingam Win User

Windows 10 At Startup Not Detecting Ext Hard Drives connected through USB Hub

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 At Startup Not Detecting Ext Hard Drives connected through USB Hub

1. Windows 10 At Startup Not Detecting Ext Hard Drives connected through USB Hub - Similar Threads - Startup Detecting Ext

2. Devices connected through a Generic USB hub aren’t recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices connected through a Generic USB hub aren’t recognized.: I have a PC based on the Intel hm370 chipset running windows 11 pro. If I plug in a USB device it works. If I plug the same device into a usb generic hub and plug the hub into my computer, the device doesn’t work. This is true for any usb generic hub including my usb ham...
  3. Devices connected through a Generic USB hub aren’t recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices connected through a Generic USB hub aren’t recognized.: I have a PC based on the Intel hm370 chipset running windows 11 pro. If I plug in a USB device it works. If I plug the same device into a usb generic hub and plug the hub into my computer, the device doesn’t work. This is true for any usb generic hub including my usb ham...
  4. USB Keyboard not workingconnected through usb c hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Keyboard not workingconnected through usb c hub: Every time I unplug the USB keyboard from the USB C hub after plugging it in keyboard does not work and repeats the first key pressed. After I remove the USB C hub and reattach it, the keyboard works fine. What could be the problem?I have Windows 11 Home 22H2 version....
  5. Windows can't detect second monitor connected through USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows can't detect second monitor connected through USB: I'm trying to run a second monitor HP1740 on my HP Compaq dc7900 running Windows 10. There is only one VGA port, so I've connected with a USB-A to USB-B cable. Windows does not detect the second monitor. Any suggestions?...
  6. Ext. hard drive not detected, maybe driver usb issue or hardware?

Ext. hard drive not detected, maybe driver usb issue or hardware?: Hello, I recently wanted to access my ext. hard drive. But it wasn't show up on explorer. I looked up on disk management, it's there, but with free space 100%, (it's weird because i know it shouldn't be empty). I tried on other usb port, still same issue. Then i try with my...
  7. USB HUB detection & relevant issue

USB HUB detection & relevant issue: I am facing a very peculiar issue with Windows 10. I have two laptops, HP & ACER make & both are using Windows 10. Everything with my HP laptop is just fine except one thing. I have a portable SSD drive which was connected to one of its USB 3.0 port for serval months....
  8. Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub: I use usb controllers which work fine when plugged directly into my laptop, but if I use a hub to have 4 controllers plugged in at once windows doesn't detect them. How do I make it work?...
  9. Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows 10 to detect usb controllers through a usb hub: I use usb controllers which work fine when plugged directly into my laptop, but if I use a hub to have 4 controllers plugged in at once windows doesn't detect them. How do I make it work?...
  10. Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub

Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub: I have two powered USB 2.0 hard drives that I plan to plug into a powered USB 3.0 hub. I know I won't get the USB 3.0 speed, but should the I also connect each drive's power connection? Thank you for your help. 96467

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb hub isnt connected on startup

2. usb hub not connected at startup