Windows 10: Windows 10 audio clicks,pops,stutters. storport latency issues? HELP?

Discus and support Windows 10 audio clicks,pops,stutters. storport latency issues? HELP? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I really need some help please. Any time i try to play a video online or off i get stutters in playback. Ive been everywhere i can for help but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by zorak1066, Jul 29, 2018.

1. zorak1066 Win User

Windows 10 audio clicks,pops,stutters. storport latency issues? HELP?

Hello. I really need some help please. Any time i try to play a video online or off i get stutters in playback. Ive been everywhere i can for help but cant get any guidance. Can anyone here help please?

I will do all i can to provide whatever info you might need. I'm technically challenged so if you could walk me through fixing this I'd really appreciate it. I'll even name my first child after you if you can help fix this.

Ive a dell e6400 that i got secondhand on ebay. i have the spec information here:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/I...woj2hxEh6vgnFz

the latency monitor report says:

CONCLUSION
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
    Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
    LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:00:40 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
    SYSTEM INFORMATION
    Computer name: DESKTOP-DELLE64
    OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134 (x86)
    Hardware: Latitude E6400 , Dell Inc., 0H635N
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz
    Logical processors: 2
    Processor groups: 1
    RAM: 3535 MB total

CPU SPEED
    Reported CPU speed: 2527 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
    The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 101082.107938
    Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 89.756145

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 101041.180399
    Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 83.088860

REPORTED ISRs
    Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 75.703205
    Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.003668
    Driver with highest ISR total time: USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.003668

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 515
    ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
    ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
    DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 101049.620103
    Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.531893
    Driver with highest DPC total execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.611457

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 11997
    DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
    Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: msmpeng.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 37
    Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 37
    Number of processes hit: 1

PER CPU DATA
    CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.374667
    CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 75.703205
    CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0.002970
    CPU 0 ISR count: 515
    CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 101049.620103
    CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 0.493764
    CPU 0 DPC count: 11815
    CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0.024040
    CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
    CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
    CPU 1 ISR count: 0
    CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 27.958449
    CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.001321
    CPU 1 DPC count: 189

:)

zorak1066, Jul 29, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

HELP Latency Issues Windows 10

Hi, if you search for e.g. 'stuttering' or 'latency' using the search box above, you will find other threads posted about latency issues. These are not easy to address - ideally you would see threads marked Solved in the title.

One person who did resolve this found he had to install
    Intel Rapid Storage Driver
    for his SSD (don't know if you've got a SSD).
    And very shortly afterwards, a BIOS update that came out.

E.g. some I found for you:
    Audio crackling due to nvlddmkm.sys Nvidia driver latency issue - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    Terrible DPC Latency - Windows 10 Forums
    Random Stuttering / DPC Latency Nightmare - Windows 10 Forums

Would suggest you search first and see if anything helps, then post back with exactly what you've tried.

dalchina, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Audio stuttering/buzzing and storport.sys high dpc latency

I've only had this audio issue for a few weeks already after I did a custom windows 10 install bc of a previous problem. I've also posted twice about this but no one has helped me yet. I'll post the following possible solutions and suggestions that
    I've already done to avoid repeated answers

I did: audio troubleshooter, uninstalled then reinstalled audio drivers, disabled audio enhancements and tried different audio quality under the advanced tab.

After more searching online I tried using DPC Latency Checker (and then LatencyMon to be more detailed) since I read that having high dpc latency can cause problems with real time audio among other things. Apparently
    storport.sys is the problem? I literally just have basic knowledge about anything regarding this kind of stuff and I don't have any clue on how to fix this so I just hope someone can help me and give me steps by steps suggestions on how I can solve this. my
    audio has just been driving me crazy with those stuttering sounds and I don't want it to worsen.

I would also like to know if having
    Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller
    and nothing else aside from that, under
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    , is okay and won't cause problems?

please, I hope someone can help and answer this time around!

CeriWilliams1, Jul 29, 2018
  4. JC312 Win User

Extremely High Latency With Constant Stuttering, Clicks & Pops With Audio

Thanks for the response

Yeah still getting the same issue. LMon still points towards NDIS and DXGKRNL as the biggest culprits.

I notice it especially when doing anything with media. There are clicks and pops as well as the occasional second or so worth of silence before audio starts again. Not sure if this is related but I can also see one of my firewire interfaces losing connectivity
    at the exact moment there is a latency spike. Again though, all of this was working up until the past month or so and I have had no hardware changes.

JC312, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 audio clicks,pops,stutters. storport latency issues? HELP? - Similar Threads - audio clicks pops

2. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues: Okay so this all started March 26th, 2021 I updated my windows, which had been working completely fine for the 3 or so years up to that point, with this update I received high storport audio according to latencymon I went trying to diagnose the problem and troubleshooting...
  3. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues: Okay so this all started March 26th, 2021 I updated my windows, which had been working completely fine for the 3 or so years up to that point, with this update I received high storport audio according to latencymon I went trying to diagnose the problem and troubleshooting...
  4. Storport High Latency audio stuttering issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio stuttering and pops, driver latency problems

Audio stuttering and pops, driver latency problems: Please, I am exhausted trying to fix these audio problems. Can't find a solution after many days trying to fix these latency problems. I get audio stuttering and pops when reproducing audio or videos, in spotify, watching youtube, anywhere.LatenciMon's report says...
  6. Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Crackling/Popping and DPC Latency Issues: Hi, I seem to get Audio Crackling and Popping issues, after searching the web for a bit I noticed that this issue is generally tied to DPC Latency so I used LatencyMon to recorded for around 2 hours (stats below). In my case it doesn't seem to happen immediately after...
  7. High latency issue in windows 10 Audio and Video stutters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High latency issue in windows 10 Audio and Video stutters: Recently, I have updated windows to version 2004 and i have found the DPC latency to rise. I used LatencyMon application to check the DPC latency and found the main problematic drivers are ndis.sys, acpi.sys, Hdaudbus.sys and dxgkrnl.sys. Here are the links to latencyMon...
  8. latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter

latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter: hey, im having dificultys with my pc. im having problem with every task im doing, even playing a yt video. so the problem is im having random freezes and audio freezes/lags every 10-40 mins. i dont exactly know whats causing it but im pretty sure its not the disks/ram. ive...
  9. Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio popping / stutter issue, high latency in latencymon: Hi all, I finished building my new gaming computer recently and facing serious audio (popping, crackling, stuttering) issues as soon I start a game. These issues are appearing in both, the onboard sound device and the dedicated gameDAC from Steelseries. At least the gameDAC...
  10. High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks

High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks: I recently installed some new hardware (CPU, motherboard and memory) and did a clean Windows 10 installation. Since then both my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and on-board sound device have been giving me trouble. I've tried various solutions mentioned in other threads about DPC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. storport.sys latency fix

2. storport.sys dpc latency

3. storport latency windows 10

4. storport.sys causing audio crackle,
  5. storport.sys driver dpc sound issues,
  6. disable storport.sys,
  7. storport.sys stutter,
  8. storport sound issues,
  9. clicks and pops in windows 10,
  10. windows 10 audio clicks latency