Windows 10: Windows 10 Audio starting at volume '6'

Discus and support Windows 10 Audio starting at volume '6' in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 updated a couple of days ago and since then I cannot listen to anything under volume 6. I have tried different earphones/headphones,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lmaccabee, Aug 21, 2018.

1. lmaccabee Win User

Windows 10 Audio starting at volume '6'

Windows 10 updated a couple of days ago and since then I cannot listen to anything under volume 6.

I have tried different earphones/headphones, plugged in and Bluetooth.

Sometimes, when I start my laptop, I can listen at volume 1 if I wanted to, but after maybe ten/fifteen minutes it cuts off and the lowest volume I can listen to is 6.

When I play music, for example, I can see in 'Sound' that the audio is recognising the music being played, as I can see the equaliser moving.

I have restarted my laptop.

I have updated my driver for the audio.

I have uninstalled the driver for the audio.

I have gone into 'Playback' and disabled all enhancements.

I'm kind of stuck as to what a fix could be.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

:)

lmaccabee, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Aug 21, 2018
  3. tiendat Win User

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown Windows 10 Audio starting at volume '6' :(.

tiendat, Aug 21, 2018
  4. JoeBoyka Win User

Everything is working *Smile Windows 10 Audio starting at volume '6' :)

JoeBoyka, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Audio starting at volume '6' - Similar Threads - Audio starting volume

2. Windows 10 can not change USB audio/headset volume.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 can not change USB audio/headset volume.: First I want to say if any MS support person suggests to update drivers I will slap them in the face, lol, jk. I have observed this with multiple USB headsets and external USB sound devices. USB-C and USB 3 headsets and docking stations. In particular the XBOX USB...
  3. AUDIO VOLUME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AUDIO VOLUME: wHEN USING A LANGUAGE APPLICATION THE PLAYBACK AUDIO VOLUME IS VERY LOW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume/2752ebcb-1bed-491b-ab68-196a456b88df
  4. Audio volume on Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio volume on Groove Music: Is there some way to change the default volume from 100%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-on-groove-music/1f0c63c5-93e0-4128-bc1c-6833f5842b62
  5. Decrease in audio volume Windows 10

Decrease in audio volume Windows 10: Turned on the computer this morning....volume levels on sound icon were way down and they were not changed from yesterday....increased to 100% but no real change. Realtek audio is checked under sound icon. Ran audio troubleshooter and got the following error....." both...
  6. Audio volume control on Bluetooth

Audio volume control on Bluetooth: While the missing function of Bluetooth volume control, in the Task Bar Volume Control, may be replaced by a similar function in the App or Software this is frequently untrue for audio commentaries in web browsers leaving the choice of be deafen by full volume or not listen....
  7. No Audio In Windows 10 (no applications in Volume Mixer)0

No Audio In Windows 10 (no applications in Volume Mixer)0: I have no audio on my Windows 10 Computer, I see a problem is that in Volume Mixer (for any playpack) there are no 'Applications' even though I have Exclusive Mode all ticked on in Headphone properties for every playback. I have tried every 'fix' in the forum named, "Fix...
  8. Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume

Windows 10 Audio Slider Does Not Change Volume: Hello, I just recently updated the firmware on my HyperX Flight wireless headset and at the very end of the process, I received an "An error occurred" message but it showed that the firmware was updated. I was able to get my headset working fine but the issue I am...
  9. Audio volume much too low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio volume much too low: reinstalled driver on my laptop windows 10, now the volume is too low (maxed out) to be effectively used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-much-too-low/003fbe44-bbd8-4c52-8941-90c41e7a5e20
  10. Audio sources default / startup volume

Audio sources default / startup volume: Is there a way to set the audio sources default / startup volumes? Some of my audio sources come up with their level set to my output device's level, rather than a value that I would prefer to be able to set. It appears the root cause for the levels doing is a Windows...