Windows 10: Windows 10 Auto Activation after RAM Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Auto Activation after RAM Upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; first of all i apologize if i am putting this in wrong section. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on Dell XPS 15 L502x(Sandy Bridge). Later i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mmTalish33, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Auto Activation after RAM Upgrade

first of all i apologize if i am putting this in wrong section.

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on Dell XPS 15 L502x(Sandy Bridge). Later i did a fresh install and Windows 10 activated automatically as it should.
    Now, i am replacing/upgrading RAM. i want to know if RAM has to do anything with Windows 10 auto activation after fresh install, in case if i need a fresh install again in future. or i should stick with my current RAM?

Regards!

:)

mmTalish33, Sep 29, 2015
  2. Jayanth l Win User

windows 10 activation after RAM upgradation.

I upgraded my pc to windows 10 pro from windows 7 ultimate, it's running with 1gb RAM and it is very slow. It often hangs, so that's why I want to upgrade my ram to 2GB. After upgradation will I be able to retain my windows 10 license and can I re-activate
    windows if its get deactivated after upgradation of RAM ?

Jayanth l, Sep 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Activation after BIOS update

Hi everyone,

I have Dell XPS 15 L502x(Sandy Bridge). I successfully upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. After that i did a fresh install and windows got activated automatically .

Now, for playing high end games i need to upgrade my RAM and to make higher RAM working i must update my BIOS first. Last night i reverted back to windows 7.

My question is if i update BIOS and install new RAM and after that do a fresh Windows 10 install, what will be the status of my windows? Will it activate automatically or not? and if it will not activate, what are the possible ways to activate it?

Regards.

mmTalish33, Sep 29, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 Auto Activation after RAM Upgrade

The RAM replace/upgrade will have no effect on the activation of WIn10.

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    That's right; it should not affect activation.

(However, simple BIOS upgrade also should not, but in some cases obviously does, so I'm a bit careful here, but I think a RAM change should not be problem.)

Joergi, Sep 29, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    No, the BIOS is part of the motherboard and when any change is made to that it might effect the activation. The RAM is not part of that and it will not effect the activation.

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2015
  7. Joergi Win User
    The BIOS is part of the motherboard, but the software version does not change the hardware; the hardware still is the same. And so is the PC, on which Windows is running.

Joergi, Sep 29, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Then how could a change(upgrade) to the BIOS even have any effect on the activation like you said it does in post #3.

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2015
  9. @Joergi i am also looking forward to answer of this question because i know my laptop supports 16GB RAM, but i don't know if it requires BIOS update or not

mmTalish33, Sep 29, 2015
  10. Joergi Win User
    I don't say that it cannot have an effect on activation. In fact there have been users who wrote, that it would have. I don't have a reason not to believe them. What I say however is, that it should not have an effect on activation. That is something different.

Joergi, Sep 29, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I doubt you'll have to update the BIOS just for a memory change.

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    I would only trust users who have done an upgrade to the BIOS and had issues with activation.

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2015
  13. Joergi Win User

I don't know, if users become more trustworthy, just because they claim they had a problem themselves. I mean, if I would be unsure if I could believe them, why should I then believe that the claim that they had that problem would not be wrong as well?

Anyway, the user I think of claimed that he had that problem himself.

Joergi, Sep 29, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    Well, in that case I would put more trust if someone has had that kind of issue.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 29, 2015
  15. I hope you are right. while searching for possible RAM upgrade i read some people saying a BIOS update may be required to make 16GB or even 8GB RAM work.

mmTalish33, Sep 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Auto Activation after RAM Upgrade - Similar Threads - Auto Activation RAM

2. windows 10 not activated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 not activated after upgrade: I recently installed Windows 10 on my surface pro 3. The device had been sitting in a drawer since 2015, thought I could make use of it again. I upgraded the OS from windows 8.1 pro, as I much prefer Windows 10. It is now telling me my OS is not activated. Are you able to...
  3. windows 10 not activated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 not activated after upgrade: I recently installed Windows 10 on my surface pro 3. The device had been sitting in a drawer since 2015, thought I could make use of it again. I upgraded the OS from windows 8.1 pro, as I much prefer Windows 10. It is now telling me my OS is not activated. Are you able to...
  4. windows 10 not activated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cant activate windows after upgrading motherboard, processor and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant activate windows after upgrading motherboard, processor and RAM: i recently upgraded my motherboard, RAM and processor.after logging in and updating my drivers my windows started saying "activate windows"after going to the activation page and logging in.the activation wizard fails and then says contact support.i was on windows 10 before...
  6. cant activate windows after upgrading motherboard, processor and RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant activate windows after upgrading motherboard, processor and RAM: i recently upgraded my motherboard, RAM and processor.after logging in and updating my drivers my windows started saying "activate windows"after going to the activation page and logging in.the activation wizard fails and then says contact support.i was on windows 10 before...
  7. WIndows 10 activation after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 activation after upgrade: I have an older dell computer that had windows 8.1. When upgrading from 8.1 to 10 the upgrade would fail when almost finished every time I tried. I got it to install by reformatting the drive and installing windows 10, however when it is installed now, it is not activated....
  8. activate ram upgrade

activate ram upgrade: I just installed an additional 4GB on my Inspiron 570..How do I ensure windows 10 is using it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-ram-upgrade/f0820db4-10b9-49bd-a65c-a3a5e3c1395a
  9. Windows 10 Activation after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after upgrade: Hey so I bought a copy of Windows 10 as well as some upgrades to my computer during Black Friday weekend. I changed my OS from Windows 7 to 10 and after that was all set I swapped my hardware. Now I'm being told that my product key is being used on another device and I can't...
  10. Cant activate windows 10 pro after upgrading MB, CPU, and Ram

Cant activate windows 10 pro after upgrading MB, CPU, and Ram: Hey everyone I recently upgraded my MB, CPU, and Ram and now cant activate windows 10 pro I had Windows 10 home (Have the product key and USB) and upgraded to windows 10 pro through the "Settings" in windows 10, I dont have a product key from when i ungraded to windows...