Windows 10: Windows 10 auto update help!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 auto update help!!! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I woke up this morning to find my computer (Previously running windows 7 well) had automatically updated to windows 10? i did not authorize this update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MSchopp, May 17, 2016.

1. MSchopp Win User

Windows 10 auto update help!!!

I woke up this morning to find my computer (Previously running windows 7 well) had automatically updated to windows 10? i did not authorize this update and it's actually messed up my computer. It wont allow me to connect to the internet or revert back to windows 7?! This is kind of ridiculous and invasive in my opinion, can anyone help me revert from windows 10 back to windows 7? I don't have my disk with me currently.

:)

MSchopp, May 17, 2016

2. Installed Windows 10 - but the videos stall especially with You Tube

Installed Windows 10 - but the videos stall especially with You Tube. How do I resolve this issue?

Help with update 10, May 17, 2016
  3. Installed Windows 10 - but the videos stall especially with You Tube

I would love to have the ability to answer your question, however I'm not sure what browser was used. I had access to videos including before the Windows 10 upgrade and now I don't. I'm also unable to see my personal videos from my laptop.

With the updates, I'm not sure where to go to apply your suggestions?
    In real need of help.

Help with update 10, May 17, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi and welcome to Tenforums.
    MS are getting very aggressive with their updating now, in anticipation of the one-year anniversary update. I use and like Windows 10, but I, too, find it invasive, the way they're doing this to systems. I received a call very similar to this today, from a friend asking for my help. Fortunately, I had setup his system with regular Macrium images, so his borked installation will be relatively easy to repair. You don't make images of your hard drive, do you? I hope you at least have all your important data backed up.

Probably the quickest way to get back to W7 is to invoke the OEM restore partition, (if you have an OEM-built system), but this will be a return to as it was the day you got it (all programs and data would be gone).

I'm sure others will chime in with other suggestions for you. Terribly sorry you have to go through this. *Sad

simrick, May 18, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    I am assuming that you have not deleted the windows.old from your C ( main ) drive.

Left click at the Start button at bottom left > left side, click Settings > select Update & Security > left side, click Recovery > right side, under Get back to ( Windows 7 or Previous build ), click the Get Started button.
    That will start reverting your system back to Windows 7.
    Just follow the prompts.

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    After you are back to Windows 7, here is the unfinished business......................

How to stop Windows 7 from downloading Windows 10 automatically
    http://www.howtogeek.com/228551/how-...automatically/

There is a similar tutorial in our forums, but I can find it. So, use this one for now. It is just as good.

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  7. MSchopp Win User
    Thank you guys for your help however neither of those options worked...this update is acting more like a virus than anything, my computer is slower, some apps and processes won't even start or run. When I click on get started under go back to Windows 7, the wheel spins around the mouse for a second then disappears and nothing happens..

MSchopp, May 18, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Is your computer come pre-installed with Win 7, or you installed Win 7 yourself ?

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  9. MSchopp Win User
    I built the computer about a year ago and specifically ordered Windows 7 because it was nice and simple, my install disk is currently lost :/

MSchopp, May 18, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    I don't know if the link below is applicable to your situation.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...nload/windows7

The site is for users of Windows 7 to download the iso files.
    BUT, it only applies to Retail versions of Windows 7.

It will ask for your Win 7 product key right from the start. It will NOT accept pre-installed Win 7 product key.

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  11. MSchopp Win User
    Is this my last option? I don't have my serial code with me (or possibly at all, it was left at my parents house about a year ago).

MSchopp, May 18, 2016
  12. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Davidhk is right - if you have a W7 retail version key, you can get an ISO for reinstall.

But, if you're going to clean install, why not do it with W10? I have seen system after system upgraded from W7 with all kinds of problems, and a clean install of W10 fixed every one of them. Once your system has seen W10 installed and activated, you can reinstall as often as you like/need in the future.

Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

Tech Bench (ISO download W10)

To grab your W7 code, run this program:
    ShowKey Plus

simrick, May 18, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

No, this is not your last option.
    It is, however, all that I know regarding going back to Windows 7.
    Sorry.

Please kindly wait a bit for others to come along.
    Good luck.

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  14. MSchopp Win User
    I really wouldn't mind running Windows 10 if it was working properly, but because it's an update from 7 I cannot access the Internet to download a proper version of Windows 10

MSchopp, May 18, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    ....................When I click on get started under go back to Windows 7, the wheel spins around the mouse for a second then disappears and nothing happens..............................

Try the " Go back to Windows 7 " option again.

davidhk, May 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 auto update help!!! - Similar Threads - auto update help

2. Windows 10 Auto Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Auto Update: My Win 10 Pro PC updated itself and restarted a couple of days ago. I had goodness knows how many apps/files open, I have a court case in 3 weeks and just cannot risk losing data. I have searched for this issue and found some astonishing answers. One that is repeated several...
  3. Windows 10 Auto Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Auto Update: My Win 10 Pro PC updated itself and restarted a couple of days ago. I had goodness knows how many apps/files open, I have a court case in 3 weeks and just cannot risk losing data. I have searched for this issue and found some astonishing answers. One that is repeated several...
  4. Windows 10 Auto Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is Windows 10 auto update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Windows 10 auto update: My latest installed windows 10 automatically update itself each time i switch my data on which is draining my subscription almost instantly.Also below is a must read article for paypal users:Paypal release funds trick...
  6. Window 10 Auto Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 Auto Update: I had an update last night to my laptop. It will now not load the home page and brings up the blue screen indicating it is collecting error info. The lap top tries to restart and is telling me to insert the boot disc for Realtek. What should I do now...
  7. Windows 10 Auto Update

Windows 10 Auto Update: I want the ability to completely disable auto update for windows, i run a small game server that is supposed to be up 24/7 but windows killed it in the middle of the night because of an update that forced the server computer to shutdown and restart. I want manual control of...
  8. Windows 10 Auto Update

Windows 10 Auto Update: The Windows 10 Auto update on my HP Desktop will not install past 91%. It has run for 3 hours and will not complete the install. Any suggestions to correct this issue?...
  9. Windows 10 auto updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 auto updates: After the latest auto update my scanner will not work. I have a Samsung Xpress c480fw [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-auto-updates/c342105c-1b22-46c6-9633-4d4120320305
  10. Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!

Windows 10 auto updates when auto update is turned off!: I have a seriou issue. i use windows 10 on a bootcamp macbook pro. i have an external eGPU running an AMD card and i used particular drivers. i only use windows 10 to play 1 game and nothing else. the last updates makes my monitors not work anymore. The drivers do not...