Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic back up Interruption

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic back up Interruption in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, I just set up windows 10 automatic back up for the first time.What happens if i reboot while it is backing up my files,after returning from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Spagmon, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Spagmon Win User

Windows 10 Automatic back up Interruption

Hello,
    I just set up windows 10 automatic back up for the first time.What happens if i reboot while it is backing up my files,after returning from a reboot will Windows 10 resumebacking up exactly where it left off and will it damagethe file that it was backing up @ the time of the reboot?

Also, Thanks for ALL the tutorials on Ten Forumsthey have saved my butt more than once!!

Cheers.

:)

Spagmon, Mar 13, 2018

2. Microsoft Jigsaw crashes on opening

It seems this is due to an interruption with the game server that was automatically fixed.

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us. We'd be glad to provide you additional assistance.

Catherine Cus., Mar 13, 2018
  3. Hibernate, Windows Update and Power On

Go back to Windows 7 and disable automatic updates. That's the only process that interrupts your PC while in hibernate state.

It's impossible to do it on Windows 10, unless you go to services, and disable Windows update. (at your own risk)

Bottom line, stopping any Windows 10 services from interrupting your PC while in hibernate, is impossible. You can let Microsoft engineers know this concern by posting on feedbackhub. Search it in Start.

5a5d6cb6-7934-4184-8f8b-e1d16573aa87, Mar 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Automatic back up Interruption

Hi Spagmon. Welcome to the TenForums @Spagmon

When you say Windows 10 Automated Backup are you referring to Windows Backup and Restore (Windows 7), part of Windows 10 or are you referring to Windows 10 File History?

Will likely help members answer your question.

Caledon Ken, Mar 13, 2018
  5. Spagmon Win User
    Hi,

Yes, the Windows 10 File History*

Thanks

Spagmon, Mar 13, 2018
  6. mrgeek Win User
    If you restart, whatever it was working on will just resume. If the file is corrupted, it's replaced by the current version. File History backup is continual, as long as the external backup drive is connected. In other words, you disconnect for three days, it will catch up when the drive is reconnected.

mrgeek, Mar 13, 2018
  7. and while file history is good for your data please ensure all your data paths that you may need are being backed up. By default things down the AppData path aren't backed up. Things like Firefox or Thunderbird profiles can be found under AppData folder. You may not want all the appdata folders.

Are you doing anything to backup your system and programs?

Caledon Ken, Mar 13, 2018
  8. Spagmon Win User

I am not concerned with backing up any of the installed programs or features of windows 10, my only concern is backing up a single folder that is located on my desktop on to 3 separate external drives simultaneously, but it seems I am only able to select 1 external drive to backup files on to using Windows 10 File History. Also for some reason on "Overview" it says the total size of my back up is : 0 bytes and when i click "back up now" is says "backing up data.." but then just goes back to "Back up now" total size is zero? Any advice?

Thanks

Windows 10 Automatic back up Interruption [​IMG]

Spagmon, Mar 14, 2018
  9. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

I knew this was coming and indeed it's that more important IMHO than File History.
    The best computing investment one can make is a good imaging programme and backup routine combined with an external drive of ample capacity.

It goes without saying that you're not supposed to reboot your device whilst an image is being taken of your drive or whatever it is you're making an image of.

Quite a lot of the members here use Macrium Reflect Free which is an absolutely fabulous piece of software that allows you to backup and restore just about anything you fancy.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Mar 14, 2018
  10. I would use this tutorial to "disconnect" the drive from file history and then go through the process of starting it again.

As to syncing to three drives, you will need a utility.

Actually you could use Macrium reflect and set up three schedules, each schedule backing up to a different drive letter. You could build on a schedule of your choice.

If you bought product they have Image Guard which only lets Macrium write to these files, handy to keep out ransomware.

Caledon Ken, Mar 14, 2018
  11. Spagmon Win User
    Thanks for the reply, i rebooted and tried again with success.
    Thanks again.

Spagmon, Mar 15, 2018
  12. Great. Give Macrium a try for those three copies. Should work.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Automatic back up Interruption - Similar Threads - Automatic Interruption

2. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  3. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?: Hi, after updating windows 10 to latest update my pc got stuck in an automatic repair loop and all troubleshoot options, including uninstalling recent update require admin account password which is allegedly incorrect even after resetting it using another pc. I also checked...
  4. Can I uninstall recent windows 10 update during automatic repair loop without admin password?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep Network Setup Service in Automatic mode in Windows 11.: It keeps on reverting to Manual and reduces Wi-Fi connectivity drastically. When I manually reset it to Auto it fixes it. Without rebooting the pc, it reverts to manual, how to I fix this please?...
  6. How to resolve interrupted error problems in windows 11? Also automatically backspace will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve interrupted error problems in windows 11? Also automatically backspace will...: Hello to everyone.I was having trouble deleting all files from my desktop a few days ago. When I click on a file on the desktop, an interrupted action error appears. Also, show that "the action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program," and delete the...
  7. How to resolve interrupted error problems in windows 11? Also automatically backspace will...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve interrupted error problems in windows 11? Also automatically backspace will...: Hello to everyone.I was having trouble deleting all files from my desktop a few days ago. When I click on a file on the desktop, an interrupted action error appears. Also, show that "the action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program," and delete the...
  8. Automatic repair interrupted by error 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic repair interrupted by error 0xc000021a: Whenever I open my laptop, it says that it's preparing automatic repair and then the blue screen with the error 0xc000021a appears. It reboots my laptop and then loads the legion logo by itself and nothing happens afterwards Please tell me how to fix this, thanks!...
  9. Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker automatically encrypts connected iSCSI drive without asking. Interrupted after...: Just bougt a Surface Book 2. Connected it to my wifi and my iSCSI drive (D:). (not a problem with any other windows laptop before) It automatically began to encrypt my D: drive, no pop-up, no asking for administrative privilegies, nothing. The log says: 23:00:00 BitLocker...
  10. Interruption options during Windows 10 automatic update ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Interruption options during Windows 10 automatic update ?: Once Windows 10 starts automatic updates - sometimes even without user permission - what are user options to interrupt the automatic update process (can't wait/can see it will fail/Windows 10 cuts off network connection with the new MS net drivers which you detect by...