Windows 10: windows 10 automatic download

Discus and support windows 10 automatic download in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hi I am running windows 10 and when I go to updates I keep getting a update for my hp desktop pc for aver media infrared receiver that i do not use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by paulmoau, Oct 17, 2015.

1. paulmoau Win User

windows 10 automatic download

hi I am running windows 10 and when I go to updates I keep getting a update for my hp desktop pc for aver media infrared receiver that i do not use also every time I try to install it does not work how do I stop windows 10 downloads from repeatedly downloading and asking me to install this update thanks

:)

paulmoau, Oct 17, 2015
  2. kukasaur Win User

Will Windows 10 will automatically download without notifying me first?

Original title: Windows 10 Automatic Download

Hi all,

I am running Windows 7 Professional and just reserved my copy of Windows 10. I'm just wondering if Windows 10 will automatically download without notifying me first? Is there some way to disable an automatic download beyond indicating that I want to "Check
    for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them"?

Thanks!

kukasaur, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Windows 10 update date question

having reserved, Windows 10 will automatically download through windows update, you don't
    have to cancel it but if you are going to use the ISO to upgrade, you don't need the automatic download, you are just downloading it twice.

if you do decide to cancel the reservation, I would just do it, you will still get the other updates, you will probably get other reminders about (and opportunities to download) windows 10, it will simply stop the automatic download of windows 10.

Martmcd, Oct 17, 2015
  4. windows 10 automatic download

AVerMedia Infrared Receiver is a good one for sure! If you have never owned anything such as a tv tuner or video capture card from AVerMedia something that resembles AVerMedia perhaps using a similar chip would be the next device to consider having been detected on the system there. Have any other Infrared or other addon devices?

The installation can't work without the actual device being present and accounted for by Windows explaining why the update will automatically fail to go on. And why would you want to see something go on you would otherwise not have any use for? You would need that particular device present to see a working install of the update.

For preventing the update you would right click on it when first seen in the Optional updates list in order to choose the hide update option. That will keep it out of view from any other updates you would check off found in the Optional list. Note should a newer update come along at some point later that will be a new one to also be hidden.

Night Hawk, Oct 17, 2015
  5. paulmoau Win User
    thank you for your reply but I tried your solution but could not find anywhere on windoe\ws 10 update to enable me to hide the update

paulmoau, Oct 17, 2015
  6. Since you already tried to install it it was likely gone from the list immediately and would show as a failed update when looking at the history. That would be the place to look at this time.

You could run a new check however to see if the update arrives again. Then you would right click on that to select the hide option. First check the history to see it that shows it as failed. You may have to wair a day or so however for it to show up again when going to check for updates again.

Night Hawk, Oct 17, 2015
  7. mrpumpkin Win User
    You can natively only hide all driver updates in win10. To do so, open control panel and view large/medium icons. Select system. Select advanced (bottom left pane). Select hardware/device installation settings/no, let me choose.../never install driver software...

OR,

Follow this tutorial Brink shared with me on a related post to block a single driver update.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

mrpumpkin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 automatic download

1. windows 10 automatic download - Similar Threads - automatic download

2. how can i turn off automatic update of all apps that I downloaded from edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i turn off automatic update of all apps that I downloaded from edge: I downloaded program in same venison when it’s finished and i opend he do auto update , in my older pc that was not happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-automatic-update-of-all-apps/52dcb4bd-f5b8-4d33-8a30-2dab1c50c801
  3. how can i turn off automatic update of all apps that I downloaded from edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i turn off automatic update of all apps that I downloaded from edge: I downloaded program in same venison when it’s finished and i opend he do auto update , in my older pc that was not happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-automatic-update-of-all-apps/52dcb4bd-f5b8-4d33-8a30-2dab1c50c801
  4. how can i turn off automatic update of all apps that I downloaded from edge

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows store automatically downlaoding apps even tho i dont start the downloads?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows store automatically downlaoding apps even tho i dont start the downloads?: windows store keeps downlaoding armour crate and myasus apps... on my lenovo?? I delete them and next time i load the store up it's trying to redownload them. How do i stop this?...
  6. windows store automatically downlaoding apps even tho i dont start the downloads?

windows store automatically downlaoding apps even tho i dont start the downloads?: windows store keeps downlaoding armour crate and myasus apps... on my lenovo?? I delete them and next time i load the store up it's trying to redownload them. How do i stop this?...
  7. How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?: Windows keeps downloading a game I repeatedly uninstall. I have removed the Microsoft Store from my computer and it still shows up every day. How to I prevent this?...
  8. How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?

How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?: Windows keeps downloading a game I repeatedly uninstall. I have removed the Microsoft Store from my computer and it still shows up every day. How to I prevent this?...
  9. Automatic File Downloads - DB Install Scanner - What is this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic File Downloads - DB Install Scanner - What is this?: Today, this message continues to pop up at the bottom right of my computer screen. I'm using Windows 11 Pro. I suspect this is downloading from my OneDrive - and that should be fine. But, what is "DB install scanner?" And, how can I get more information on what exactly is...
  10. Automatic File Downloads - DB Install Scanner - What is this?

Automatic File Downloads - DB Install Scanner - What is this?: Today, this message continues to pop up at the bottom right of my computer screen. I'm using Windows 11 Pro. I suspect this is downloading from my OneDrive - and that should be fine. But, what is "DB install scanner?" And, how can I get more information on what exactly is...