Windows 10: Windows 10 automatic reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 automatic reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have already installed Windows 10 on my brand new PC, and it was working fine for a day or two. Now when I opened my PC, it took me to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lolguy1287, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Windows 10 automatic reinstall

I have already installed Windows 10 on my brand new PC, and it was working fine for a day or two. Now when I opened my PC, it took me to the installation menu and I have to set up again, but I already have some files and programs downloaded. What shall I do?

:)

Lolguy1287, Jul 2, 2016

2. If you upgrade an OEM and have an issue, can you re-install and upgrade from the previous OS version without activating it first?

Windows 10 uses its own product key.

If you need to reinstall Windows 10, there is no need to reinstall Windows 7, just reinstall Windows 10 either using bootable ISO media or from the recovery drive and it will automatically reactivate.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 License linked to Microsoft account

As Andre said, it's possible that a reset might reinstall Windows 7 (probably if you still have the windows.old folder), or it might automatically reinstall Windows 10 directly. If it does reinstall Windows 7, you still
    have the key, so you don't need to worry. If Windows 10 is reinstalled after the reset, it'll get activated automatically. Any digital license that your computer used to have (before the reset) will be detected by the servers.

aa406598-fa79-4451-8b51-4b6b5e25c7d2, Jul 2, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 automatic reinstall

Do you, by chance, still have the Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD inserted in the computer? If so, remove that, and cancel the installation to restart the computer. You bios/UEFI is probably set to boot from USB or DVD first and the computer did a restart to install an upgrade. When it did the restart, the bios/UEFI booted into the Windows 10 installation media left inserted.

When you say it is at the installation menu - which menu do you mean? The first one where you are asked for keyboard and language?

NavyLCDR, Jul 2, 2016
  5. Yes, it is the language menu. Though when I talk out the disc and start my PC, there is a message which says reebot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

Lolguy1287, Jul 2, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Well, to see if the hard drive is showing up and if there is any data on the hard drive, read a quote of my post in the middle of the OP to this thread:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Except I notice you said take out the disc, so you probably have a Windows 10 DVD? Unfortunately the above only works with a USB flash drive. But you can make a DVD of Kyhi's recovery drive if you must boot from a DVD and there are plenty of utilities on his recovery drive to see what the state of the hard drive is and to copy data off your hard drive if you can't fix Windows booting.

NavyLCDR, Jul 2, 2016
  7. So you are saying I can't fix my PC because of Windows?

Lolguy1287, Jul 2, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

We need to figure out what is wrong first. And the easiest way to do that is with a few more tools than just a standard Windows installation DVD.

NavyLCDR, Jul 2, 2016
    Lolguy1287, Jul 2, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Jul 2, 2016
  11. I think I may have done it. I came back, started up my PC, and went through the installation and the next button was not greyed out. The place I saved it on is Drive 0 Partition 2, partition 1 only had 500 MB, and it said it has to have around at least 8550MB.
    It is installing right now and I will mark as solved once it is done.
    Also, does this mean I must take out the Windows 10 DVD once I'm done?

Lolguy1287, Jul 3, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes. After installing you remove whatever source you were installing from, whether it is DVD or USB flash drive.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 automatic reinstall - Similar Threads - automatic reinstall

2. Missing "Realtek HD Audio Driver" Can't find it in hidden. No automatic reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "Realtek HD Audio Driver" Can't find it in hidden. No automatic reinstall.: So recently my audio driver Realtek HD audio driver have broken as in, my left and right sounds work perfectly fine but the front is muted. I followed many tutorials telling me to uninstall the driver and windows will reinstall automatically. However it doesn't reinstall it,...
  3. Missing "Realtek HD Audio Driver" Can't find it in hidden. No automatic reinstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "Realtek HD Audio Driver" Can't find it in hidden. No automatic reinstall.: So recently my audio driver Realtek HD audio driver have broken as in, my left and right sounds work perfectly fine but the front is muted. I followed many tutorials telling me to uninstall the driver and windows will reinstall automatically. However it doesn't reinstall it,...
  4. Automatic reinstallation of a language pack, without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic reinstallation of a language pack, without consent: I have the following problem: I have uninstalled English UK from Windows display language, and after I turn off or restart my computer it is reinstalled without my consent/permission. How can I stop this automatic re-download of the said language pack. My default windows...
  5. Automatic reinstallation of a language pack, without consent

Automatic reinstallation of a language pack, without consent: I have the following problem: I have uninstalled English UK from Windows display language, and after I turn off or restart my computer it is reinstalled without my consent/permission. How can I stop this automatic re-download of the said language pack. My default windows...
  6. Reinstalling windows after automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling windows after automatic repair loop: Can i put windows on my ssd? Or do i have to put it on the drive i had it on before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-windows-after-automatic-repair-loop/adefbb97-dd3c-4c0f-9cb8-ef2c98abbebf
  7. Reinstalling windows after automatic repair loop

Reinstalling windows after automatic repair loop: Can i put windows on my ssd? Or do i have to put it on the drive i had it on before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-windows-after-automatic-repair-loop/adefbb97-dd3c-4c0f-9cb8-ef2c98abbebf
  8. Reinstalling windows after automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Reinstall windows, automatic repair loop wont even get me to sign into my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows, automatic repair loop wont even get me to sign into my desktop: Ive tried everything and cannot log into my computer without being brought back to the blue screen. I am going to purchase a usb drive today to download the windows creation tool. So this has raised a couple questions for me. Can i download it off of any computer such as my...
  10. Reinstall windows, automatic repair loop wont even get me to sign into my desktop

Reinstall windows, automatic repair loop wont even get me to sign into my desktop: Ive tried everything and cannot log into my computer without being brought back to the blue screen. I am going to purchase a usb drive today to download the windows creation tool. So this has raised a couple questions for me. Can i download it off of any computer such as my...