Windows 10: Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty

Discus and support Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. Eh getting weird problem with Windows 10 Pro. So few days ago when i ran memtest few hours without error, but after finished test i reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by xxx123, Feb 21, 2016.

1. xxx123 Win User

Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty

Hello.
    Eh getting weird problem with Windows 10 Pro.

So few days ago when i ran memtest few hours without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue? Coincidence ?

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem occurs only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i need 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    My disk is Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD. I run HD TUNE but no errors and CrystalDiskInfo Smart is fine 100% GOOD. Rams are 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhhz.

Memtest86 not showing errors.

So its a hardware related or not? What you think about it ? Thx for answer.

:)

xxx123, Feb 21, 2016
  2. SasaAsasa Win User

Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty or not?

Hello.
    Eh getting weird problem with Windows 10 Pro.

So few days ago when i ran memtest few hours without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue? Coincidence ?

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem occurs only when starting system again after shutdown.

My disk is Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD. I run HD TUNE but no errors and CrystalDiskInfo Smart is fine 100% GOOD. Rams are 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhhz.

Memtest86 not showing errors.

So its a hardware related or not? What you think about it ? Thx for answer.

SasaAsasa, Feb 21, 2016
  3. SasaAsasa Win User
    Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty or not?

Also last thing. Somebody said this : "You should get zero auto repair attempts, otherwise it implies that there is something hardware related with the system/pc, if it happens very early after a clean OS install: you can't get rid of hardware issues with
    a clean OS install.

"Automatic Repair" should engage after a failed attempt to start windows."

So i dont know what to think about it, he stated that is hardware related for sure. What is your statement then ? Also after format is ok.

SasaAsasa, Feb 21, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

That error could raise due to various reasons of causes like corruption in the registry, or file system or something.

Is the firmware of your SSD updated?

Could you show some screenshots of HD Tune?
    Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty [​IMG]
    Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

5. xxx123 Win User
    So i run HDDTUNE and no errors. Smart is fine according to Crystal Disk Info.

xxx123, Feb 21, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please post what I asked for, I would like to see some more details of a few things.

7. xxx123 Win User
    I made the same experiment on my laptop with fresh installed WIndows 10. I change to boot from USB . Then again to BOOT from HDD and boom. Automatic repair during first boot on windows !! *Smile So this is not hardware issue on my pc. Its something with bios\windows10.Thx topic can be closed.Hardware is fine.

xxx123, Feb 22, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Threads won't be closed unless for a specific reason, you can however mark this thread as solved *Smile

axe0, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty - Similar Threads - automatic repair memtest

2. BSOD FAULTY HARDWARE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD FAULTY HARDWARE: Hi all, i have a minidump of a recent crash here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgTCubrZ_eFZ7HHiEZVFLtXZ33un?e=wrtDeWThis happens semi regularly. I have tried and regularly do booting in safe mode, running all the standard tests etc. but a month later, it happens again. I have never had...
  3. BSOD FAULTY HARDWARE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD FAULTY HARDWARE: Hi all, i have a minidump of a recent crash here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgTCubrZ_eFZ7HHiEZVFLtXZ33un?e=wrtDeWThis happens semi regularly. I have tried and regularly do booting in safe mode, running all the standard tests etc. but a month later, it happens again. I have never had...
  4. windows 10 Faulty hardware corrupted page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 Faulty hardware corrupted page: It first appeared to me today, I searched for a solution and used "sfc /scannow" Then this is what appeared to me Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to repair some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at...
  5. windows 10 Faulty hardware corrupted page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 Faulty hardware corrupted page: It first appeared to me today, I searched for a solution and used "sfc /scannow" Then this is what appeared to me Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to repair some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at...
  6. Repairing Faulty Ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repairing Faulty Ram: My 4gb ddr3 ram just failed i checked it with memtest and memory diagnostics nd had to replace it with new ddr3 ram. I replaced my old ram with new one and now my pc works perfectly fine. my question is that is there a way to reset or fix my fault ram so that i can connect it...
  7. FAULTY HARDWARE CORRUPTED PAGE on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FAULTY HARDWARE CORRUPTED PAGE on Windows 10: Not sure what causes this...usually cause blue screen once a week, very annoying. This is the log file: I will share the last few log files causing this issue too thanks https://we.tl/t-ZWSOIyvMeZ...
  8. Memtest

Memtest: Which Memtest86 do I download and run for windows 10, that is to be used to troubleshoot BSOD possibilities? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memtest/f8657cc2-ba50-490a-bf1e-0c416df21c8d
  9. Automatic repair at boot after completing hardware diagnostics

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic repair at boot after completing hardware diagnostics: On this notebook the HP hardware diagnostics extensive test was ran yesterday and took approximately 11 hours. It passed the extensive testing (RAM, Drive, motherboard,GPU, CPU, etc.) Today when the notebook was powered on it went into automatic repair. Windows recovery on...
  10. BSOD faulty hardware

BSOD faulty hardware: Hi, Since a few weeks I regularly get BSOD errors (+/- 4 in total). I've updated all drivers en did a sfc /scannow without showing any errors. Could you please help finding the cause of it? The link includes 2 dmp files after BSOD....