Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic Repair Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic Repair Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a new ASUS Vivobook E203N that I bought specifically for updating Garmin sat nav maps and doing a few basic spreadsheets. When it came to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Julesy09, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Julesy09 Win User

Windows 10 Automatic Repair Issue

I have a new ASUS Vivobook E203N that I bought specifically for updating Garmin sat nav maps and doing a few basic spreadsheets.

When it came to updating the maps and Windows 10, there was not enough space. I bought an external hard drive which suited me for sharing the spreadsheets.

I eventually cleared enough space on the laptop and with the use of the external hard drive, the Windows 10 update started to Run. It got to about 20% and when I next looked at the screen it had the blue Automatic Repair page with Log file: E:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Troubleshooting I have tried so far (with and without external hard drive attached):

3x reboot from Preparing Automatic Repair / Diagnosing your PC

System Restore - '''no restore points have been created" & "system protection is available only in online operating system"

System Image Recovery - "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer"

Start-Up Repair - "Start-up repair couldn't Repair your PC"

Command Prompt - I have tried several suggestions in here including checking/amending drive letter for device and osdevice, chkdsk, I get an access denied message for the bootrec.exe /fixboot command as I see many people have.

Start-Up Settings - Changes to settings makes no difference, safe mode briefly brings up a black screen with "Safe Mode" in all four corners but it just goes back to the blue AR screen.

Go back to the previous version - "we ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows. Try resetting your PC instead"

Reset this PC - "there was a problem reading your PC. No changes were made" ...same message in both keep my files and remove everything.

Is there anything else I can try, I am at a complete loss?!

:)

Julesy09, Aug 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - memory faulty or not?

So i formatted disk , install again Windows 10 , now Windows booting fine without automatic repair. But i tried to reproduce issue by running memtest86 again. So i run test for 5 hours, stop test and booted Windows 10. This time it booted fine without automatic repair. So i guess its fine. But i want to know why it happened earlier? That was still hardware issue? Thx for opinion. Somebody said that can be caused by bad ram.

litwicki24, Aug 12, 2018
  4. RCoon Win User

RCoon, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Automatic Repair Issue - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair Issue

2. Windows 11 Automatic repair issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Automatic repair issue: I tired to use this method but it doesn't work :D-Click on Command Prompt > Type this command and hit enter:DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthOnce it finishes, type this command and hit enter:sfc /scannowAlso try boot repair commands:bootrec /scanosbootrec...
  3. Automatic repair issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair issue: Help! My Acer nitro 5 laptop keeps booting into automatic repair every time I boot it up. None of the options work either. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-issue/a8e4134c-04cd-4ae7-8472-6449c91c750a
  4. Automatic repair issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair issue: Help! My Acer nitro 5 laptop keeps booting into automatic repair every time I boot it up. None of the options work either. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-issue/a8e4134c-04cd-4ae7-8472-6449c91c750a
  5. Automatic repair issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Automatic repair issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair issue: The backup already exist and copy *.* backup not working .Please give assistance to fix the automatic repair problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-issue/113eb477-8378-44ab-80e3-9235dc6773bc
  7. Windows 10 PC "Automatic Repair" issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC "Automatic Repair" issue: My computer has been acting really weird lately. Every time I wake up in the morning/afternoon to turn it on, it goes into "Automatic Repair" mode and forces me to restore it to a point where it "worked correctly", even though just the night before it was running fine with...
  8. Automatic repair issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic repair issues: Hello, For whatever reason after a Windows system update my laptop cannot get past the blue "Your PC Did Not Start Correctly check SrtTrail.txt" screen. When i try to repair with out a bootable Win-10 USB drive I get "you need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but...
  9. Windows 10 Automatic Repair Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Automatic Repair Issue: So apparently other people are having this issue too. I've tried every single way to get it to work normally, and nothing works. The only thing I haven't done is that Windows 10 installation media software, but I don't have another laptop to use it with. Is my laptop gone for...
  10. Automatic Repair Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Issue: By the way my spelling may be bad because im on mobile commenting on this. So, it was a causal usual day, i decided to play some fortnite and it was updating so i opened up some chrome tabs to watch something while i wait. I am on windows 1809 as i havent got 1903 yet on my...