Windows 10: Windows 10 automatic updates failing

Discus and support Windows 10 automatic updates failing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Last successful Update Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.1672.0) on 10 Aug was shown as being applied twice.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DonOrr, Aug 11, 2015.

1. DonOrr Win User

Windows 10 automatic updates failing

Last successful Update Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.1672.0) on 10 Aug
    was shown as being applied twice.
    following updates Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3081424) failed to instal twice on 11 Aug.
    and again twice on 12 Aug, then Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3081436) failed on 12 Aug.
    Security Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553313) 32-Bit Edition today 12 Aug and following updates which are currently being installed successfully (so far).
    Since 10 Aug I've been unable to amend and word files, when I attempt to save them "I need permission" .
    Unable to recover a Ccleaner saved .reg from before 10 Aug for same reason.*Mad

:)

DonOrr, Aug 11, 2015

2. Updates from Windows 10

If automatic updates from Windows 10 are failed to install, how to regain them from Windows 10?

ravimahajanI, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Windows Updates tries to install HP updates

Windows 10 Automatic Update "Failed to install on 1/30/2016" This refers to an update to HP software. I uninstalled that software some time ago but this update tries to download/update every day. Now in Windows 10 we don't have as much control over what
    updates are installed. I want to cancel this download. "Hewlett-Packard - Imaging - Null Print - HP Photosmart 6520 series". Windows update tries to do this everyday and fails. How do I stop this? It's been going on now since 11/6/15. Thanks!

Windows 10 Automatic Update "Failed to install on 1/30/2016"- Original Title

slate_2000, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 automatic updates failing

1. Windows 10 automatic updates failing - Similar Threads - automatic updates failing

2. Windows 10 fails to lock screen automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 fails to lock screen automatically.: I have Windows 10 Pro on a laptop running in the power-on configuration. See below for details on system & settings. I have it set to sleep and turn off the screen, and lock on screen saver, but the machine remains unlocked and often won't even sleep when left unattended....
  3. Windows 10 fails to lock screen automatically.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 fails to lock screen automatically.: I have Windows 10 Pro on a laptop running in the power-on configuration. See below for details on system & settings. I have it set to sleep and turn off the screen, and lock on screen saver, but the machine remains unlocked and often won't even sleep when left unattended....
  4. Automatic repair failed after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair failed after update: So I had a windows update last night and installed it. When I restarted my computer it went to the blue screen and said bad system config info. I tried everything to repair. I tried startup repair, which failed, I tried all the command prompt stuff from videos and failed,...
  5. Automatic repair failed after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair failed after update: So I had a windows update last night and installed it. When I restarted my computer it went to the blue screen and said bad system config info. I tried everything to repair. I tried startup repair, which failed, I tried all the command prompt stuff from videos and failed,...
  6. Windows 10 automatic update fails with "We couldn't complete the updates"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 automatic update fails with "We couldn't complete the updates": Windows performed an automatic update. After the update finished and restarted I got a message "We couldn't complete the updates." Then it backed out the updates. Pending changes to files that were open at the time of the update were lost. Is there something I need to do to...
  7. Windows 10 fails to lock screen automatically.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after automatic update and automatic repair unable to resolve

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after automatic update and automatic repair unable to resolve: My Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 310-151sk fails to boot after undergoing an Automatic Microsoft Scheduled upate on the evening of 17 or 18 January 2019. All I get now is the "Automatic Repair" screen. However even when I try several of the options here, the laptop still fails to...
  9. Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after Automatic Update and Automatic Repair unable to resolve

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after Automatic Update and Automatic Repair unable to resolve: My Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 310-151sk fails to boot after undergoing an Automatic Microsoft Scheduled upate on the evening of 17 or 18 January 2019. All I get now is the "Automatic Repair" screen. However even when I try several of the options here, the laptop still fails to...
  10. Windows 10 automatic update fail.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 automatic update fail.: Last night my Lenovo Z50 laptop started an automatic update when I logged into my profile, after about 2 hours it finished and all I had on the desktop was the recycle bin. I can't open the start menu or use the win+(whatever) functions. Using another laptop I created a...