Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically applied Helvetica font to programs

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically applied Helvetica font to programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently installed a font called Helvetica Neue on my PC so I can use it in Photoshop. After installing it, it appears the stupid OS decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Addy187a, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Addy187a Win User

Windows 10 automatically applied Helvetica font to programs

I recently installed a font called Helvetica Neue on my PC so I can use it in Photoshop. After installing it, it appears the stupid OS decided to automatically throw it into Google Chrome and Firefox displaying the font in all major websites such as eBay or Facebook. It has become annoying, and it's definitely a non natural feel. I've tried the extensions from the Google store to change it back to normal but it appears that the text settings have either Times New Roman or Arial installed, there's no sign of Helvetica. I really don't want to reinstall windows again, I never did anything to the OS other than dropping the font files onto the Windows's Font control panel. How do I get rid of it as deleting it would tell me an app is using it, and when there's no app using it pressing delete does nothing at all. It feels like a virus!

Another reason to dislike Windows 10 *Sad

:)

Addy187a, Nov 28, 2017
  2. MalathyK Win User

Unable to delete/uninstall a otf

Hi,

I'm trying to install the following fonts in windows10.

Helvetica Light

Helvetica Neue

Helvetica Neue Light

Helvetica Neue Medium

Helvetica Neue Thin

Helvetica Neue Ultra Thin

I installed otf files initially, but all installed fonts were automatically embedded in a single package named Helvetica Neue. Hence, I could find only Helvetica Neue from font list in any editor. Other installed fonts did not show up in the list. But
    those fonts were available in Fonts panel (in control panel) inside a folder named Helvetica Neue. So, I tried to delete that folder and reinstall ttf files of same list. I attempted to delete the package but still it shows up in Fonts panel. Look at the
    screenshot. Because of this file existence, I'm unable to install new ttf files of same font family. Can you help me successfully install these files?

Thank you,

Malathy K.

Windows 10 automatically applied Helvetica font to programs [​IMG]

MalathyK, Nov 28, 2017
  3. Microsoft Windows 10 - Helvetica Fonts Issue

Hi Desiree,

• Yes, it is the first time after installing and deleting a few fonts. I had some Helvetica fonts installed that I could see in Office for example, but not in the Fonts folder. So I wanted to deleted every Helvetica font and reinstall them, but everything
      seems messed up right now and not working.
    • It is the Office 365, up-to-date, but the image was just to show what fonts are being seen by my any software - it is the same for Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. The video is important and shows everything.
    • I deleted every Helvetica font that I could see in Fonts folder, and deleted any 'helvetica' files that I could see with 'dir' command in Command Prompt. So I should have no more Helvetica fonts installed. After I have done that, I restarted to 'refresh'
      the Fonts.

AndreiAlisen, Nov 28, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Nov 28, 2017
  5. Addy187a Win User
    Thanks for your reply, as I said, I've tried all the steps to revert it including the obvious Chrome font settings. But why would both browsers be affected if it wasn't Windows? It was DEFINITELY Windows 10, after a restart, I was able to exit all programs running in the background and then remove the stubborn Helvetica Neue Thin font. Another restart later, both Chrome and Firefox are back to normal.

Addy187a, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 automatically applied Helvetica font to programs - Similar Threads - automatically applied Helvetica

2. Helvetica Font Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helvetica Font Broken: The Helvetica font family appears very thin and is unreadable on all web browsers displaying a webpage using the font,I've tried reinstalling the font multiple times but it didn't seem to fix it.I also have reset my browser settings and tried disabling extensions to no...
  3. Helvetica Font Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Helvetica Font Broken: The Helvetica font family appears very thin and is unreadable on all web browsers displaying a webpage using the font,I've tried reinstalling the font multiple times but it didn't seem to fix it.I also have reset my browser settings and tried disabling extensions to no...
  4. Unable to remove Helvetica font. Message that it's in use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove Helvetica font. Message that it's in use.: HiI have install the Helvetica Font on my computer and now I want uninstall it. I have tried removing it from the font folder and it keeps saying it is in use. This even after I have went to Organize/Layout and then unchecked the "Details Pane". Still no luck.Please help*...
  5. Unable to remove Helvetica font. Message that it's in use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove Helvetica font. Message that it's in use.: HiI have install the Helvetica Font on my computer and now I want uninstall it. I have tried removing it from the font folder and it keeps saying it is in use. This even after I have went to Organize/Layout and then unchecked the "Details Pane". Still no luck.Please help*...
  6. Is Helvetica Neue a default Windows 10 font?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Helvetica Neue a default Windows 10 font?: Is Helvetica Neue included by default with Windows 10 in 2021? Im having some issues with people opening Figma file links on different operating systems and getting a font prompt instead of a link redirect so looking to switch from SF to Helvetica if its workable ty EDIT:...
  7. About applying custom fonts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    About applying custom fonts in Windows 10: Hi, After applying custom fonts,my music banner on the top left is showing like this. How can I fix it without resetting my pc? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-applying-custom-fonts-in-windows-10/cfddcbc7-e8f7-4951-b479-1f5ea91e1bca
  8. Helvetica Regular Font

Helvetica Regular Font: In Chrome I posted this problem to Microsoft Microsoft how do you remove Helvetica Neue from my pc. the stupid OS decided to automatically throw it into Google Chrome and Firefox displaying the font in all major websites such as eBay or Facebook. It has become annoying, and...
  9. Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts

Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts: I'm trying to install a set of Helvetica Neue fonts, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to recognize the file format? What can I do to install OpenType font files on Windows 10?[IMG]...
  10. Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7: Hi, We are experiencing issue related to the way Windows handle Helvetica font when it is being used in the external files received. When we receive a Indesign file having Helvetica font it gets Swapped to the Arial font automatically on some workstations when we export the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. helvetica font windows 10 1903