Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically transfers a bunch of photos to 'downloads' fo

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically transfers a bunch of photos to 'downloads' fo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having an issue with Windows 10 automatically transferring a bunch of photos and music from a folder named my full name to the my 'Downloads'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ornithophilia, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 automatically transfers a bunch of photos to 'downloads' fo

I am having an issue with Windows 10 automatically transferring a bunch of photos and music from a folder named my full name to the my 'Downloads' folder. First off, these are all photos that I have taken, and they are all my photos, but some time ago I moved them to my Windows 7 machine. second, I do not have any folder on this computer that is my full name. But, every time I start up my Windows 10 machine, I get a usual Windows 10 file transfer pop up saying that it is transferring files from a folder with my name on it to the downloads folder. I don't want them there, I removed those photos from this machine for a reason. I always have to cancel the transfer. I don't use OneDrive or any other backup software, and if Windows 10 is automatically uploading my files WITHOUT my consent, it is a MAJOR problem! I have nude photos of my wife and/or I in there that keeps getting transferred. I hope Windows 10 isn't taking it upon itself to upload my files without my consent.

Does anybody know what is causing or initiating this transfer and how do I make it stop permanently?

:)

Ornithophilia, Oct 1, 2016

2. stop Windows 10 from automatically downloading updates

original title - automatic downloads

is there a way to stop windows 10 from automatically downloading updates? can I set a time for it to check fo them? its hard to work on things or do anything when the computer is trying to download 7 updates at once

stevebainter, Oct 1, 2016
  3. how to import photos from phone to Windows 10

I just got Windows 10 and linked my phone to download pictures automatically to the "photos" tile. However, I have no idea how to move those pics from the tile to a folder in "pictures" on my desktop. Is there an easy way to do this?

OP - Transfer Photos

Bob Shattuck, Oct 1, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Windows 10 automatically transfers a bunch of photos to 'downloads' fo

essenbe, Oct 1, 2016
  5. No I do not have any kind of sync enabled. I have never set anything like that up. ...Unless it did it on its own. I only have two Windows 10 machines, a tablet with my MS login, and this desktop with a local login, but am logged in to my MS account in the Windows Store on this machine. I have not set up any kind of sync on either device.

Ornithophilia, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 automatically transfers a bunch of photos to 'downloads' fo

1. Windows 10 automatically transfers a bunch of photos to 'downloads' fo - Similar Threads - automatically transfers bunch

2. transferring photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring photos: Hi, I am having trouble trying to add photos to my photos app on my pc. I can add photos to a documents folder but whenever I try to transfer to the photos folder it comes up with the error of not enough space even though I have plenty of space left on my hard driveI'd be so...
  3. photo transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photo transfer: I am trying to transfer my photos from iPhone to my desktop pc running windows 10. I click on the photos "import" and it starts to import pictures to my pc. After about 15-20 pictures, it stops and says "Something went wrong. Your files might not have been imported. Try...
  4. Update fo Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update fo Windows 11: Why PC Health told me "Your PC meets the hardware requirements and is eligible for a free upgrade when it rolls out" but when I tried it tolds me "Your PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirments- the processor isn't supported for this version of Windows"....
  5. transfer photos to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    transfer photos to windows 10: I can not import photos from my camera to Window 10. I have the correct USB cable. I was able to do this and suddenly cannot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-photos-to-windows-10/d03f4741-35d7-4afa-a397-ad0f8f50e08a
  6. Windows 10 Photos Transfer Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Photos Transfer Problem: I'm trying to transfer my photos/files from my phone to my computer. It starts looking for how many files I have and gets stuck at 10200. It doesn't crash it just has the loading thing when I hover over it sometimes but it never loads. It just freezes. Does anyone know of any...
  7. windows 10 has downloaded a bunch of crap game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 has downloaded a bunch of crap game?: Windows has donloaded a shit ton of crap games like march of empires etc, why does it do this? Can I turn it off? submitted by /u/tubbem [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eu5wjo/windows_10_has_downloaded_a_bunch_of_crap_game/
  8. transferring photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring photos: how do i transferr photos from my zte cell phone to mhy lenovo ideapad laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-photos/9d306804-25c0-4f9f-851a-2f7ef8f2578a"
  9. automatic function for photo transfers

in Windows 10 Support
    automatic function for photo transfers: I don't necessarily want all photos transferred to my pc whenever I plug in a flash drive. If I choose to disable AUTO DRIVE on win10, will that take care of it? also, how do I RE-ENABLE it should I wish to? I should then be able to pick which ones I want downloaded to my...
  10. Transfer from download to photo folder - windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer from download to photo folder - windows 10: Hi..I downloaded via Lookout (Galaxy phone)1,000 photos that was put into Downloads folder...how do I transfer those to Pictures folder. Thanks 61160