Windows 10: Windows 10 autoupdate locks up at 71% everytime

Discus and support Windows 10 autoupdate locks up at 71% everytime in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Samsung notebook model NP880Z5E I purchased in 2014 with Windows 8. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was first offered and have had no issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Schultz6325, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Windows 10 autoupdate locks up at 71% everytime

I have a Samsung notebook model NP880Z5E I purchased in 2014 with Windows 8. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was first offered and have had no issues - the PC runs great. I've also had. No issues with updates until a few months ago. Everytime it attempts an automatic update it gets to the 71% point and freezes up.

I have to do a hard restart which forces a previous version restore and the PC runs fine again until it initiates an auto update and it always freezes and locks up at the 71% point of the update.

I've contacted Microsoft support and they had me re-download the update manually but it did the exact same thing. I contacted Samsung and they say it's a simple fix but they want $120 to fix it and commit to a one year support contract.

I'm not a novice when it comes to PCs but I'm no Windows 10 expert. there has to be a work around - can anyone help?

Thanks

:)

Schultz6325, Mar 9, 2017

2. Nokia PC Suite Silent Installation

Hi Can you give the name of the exe you have used? I have used the following command for the Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_0_8_2_eng_us_web.exe

Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_0_8_2_eng_us_web.exe /SILENT="1" /DISABLE="AUTOUPDATE","AUTORUN"

to disable autoupdate and autorun.Mine users works in locked down environment so they can't do autoupdate. user needs permission to do autoupdate. Take necessary steps to deploy in user.

Regards

hmajumder2001, Mar 9, 2017
  3. WandaOz Win User
    Gateway touchscreen ZX4800 will not complete Windows 10 install, fails around 71-80% installation

each and every time I install my reserved Windows 10, it fails everytime around the 71%-80% completion and the screen is black and I reboot and it reverts back to my windows 7 home premium. I ahve a Gateway touchscreen ZX4800.

WandaOz, Mar 9, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Windows 10 autoupdate locks up at 71% everytime

Welcome to TenForums.

What is the name of the update you are having trouble with? When it's trying to download the update it will tell you what it is in Settings > Update & security. Previous failed installs may be listed in the 'Update history' you'll find there.

I suspect it may be the 'Features update for Windows 10, version 1607'. If so, it appears you are not alone in having this problem on this model...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-9bfb94f8d9db

5. You're correct - version 1607.

Is there any way around it?

Schultz6325, Mar 10, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Not that I've found yet, but as Samsung promised you one for $120 they obviously think there's a way. I'll get back to you if/when I find it.

7. While I wasn't successful in getting the upgrade to install correctly, Microsoft Support was able to turn off automatic updates on my Windows 10 Home version.

So there's that....

Thanks all for the info. If someone does find a way to get the update to 1607 to run correctly on a Samsung Laptop please let me know,

Schultz6325, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 autoupdate locks up at 71% everytime

1. Windows 10 autoupdate locks up at 71% everytime - Similar Threads - autoupdate locks 71%

2. Installing windows stops at 71%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows stops at 71%: I've been trying to revive my old laptop but when I was installing windows it lags, the circle sometimes stops and when it got to 71% the laptop freezes and the installation doesnt go any further. I tried turning it off and restarting.Before I started reinstalling windows on...
  3. Installing windows stops at 71%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows stops at 71%: I've been trying to revive my old laptop but when I was installing windows it lags, the circle sometimes stops and when it got to 71% the laptop freezes and the installation doesnt go any further. I tried turning it off and restarting.Before I started reinstalling windows on...
  4. Windows update is blocked at 71%

Windows update is blocked at 71%: Hi, I am trying to update Windows to version 20H2, however the installation is blocked at 71%. What I tried: 1 Tried to run this in admin command prompt: net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver ren C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution...
  5. Windows update is blocked at 71%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is blocked at 71%: Hi, I am trying to update Windows to version 20H2, however the installation is blocked at 71%. What I tried: 1 Tried to run this in admin command prompt: net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver ren C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution...
  6. Problem with Windows 10 autoupdate

Problem with Windows 10 autoupdate: After updating Windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop, I received a message, "Your PC ran into a problem. We'll restart for you." The screen then showed the Lenovo logo and the script underneath, "Preparing Auto Repair", for the next two hours. Attempts to re-start the computer at...
  7. Window 10 will not boot up. BSOD everytime.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 will not boot up. BSOD everytime.: My PC recently updated and Windows now will not switch on/boot up. I get a BSOD every time it boots up. I have a USB with Recovery Media from a NEW HP laptop but this doesn't seem to work. I have tried a system restore from an external drive but it doesnt like that either. I...
  8. windows 10 autoupdate disable

windows 10 autoupdate disable: how can i disable auto update on windows 10 home to avoid accidentally downloading the new goofed up windows 10 oct update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-autoupdate-disable/a80c3d3e-c674-4311-8a3a-5f7df92479b7
  9. Windows 10 Installation stuck at 71%

Windows 10 Installation stuck at 71%: Hi, I tried installation yesterday after month or two to get the same outcome, my instalation is getting stucked at 71% while 91% in Driver subcategory. Does anybody know what is happening around that time in installation so i can unninstal/upgrade the driver? 28193
  10. Windows cannot find: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\AutoUpDate\AutoUpd

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cannot find: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\AutoUpDate\AutoUpd: This weekend I downloaded a Pdf and also received unknown to me also got a virus, I was able to remove the virus and the PC works fine except I keep getting a pop-up saying Windows cannot find C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\AutoUpDate\AutoUpdate.exe. My question is how can I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WHEN I TRY TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 MY COMPUTER STOPS AT UPDATES 71%

2. wandaoz