Windows 10: Windows 10 & Avoiding Crapware

Discus and support Windows 10 & Avoiding Crapware in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In a recent ZDNet article "Avoid Windows 10 crapware: How to get rid of Candy Crush and all the rest," the author, Ed Bott, states that there are two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stecyk, May 29, 2018.

1. Stecyk Win User

Windows 10 & Avoiding Crapware

In a recent ZDNet article "Avoid Windows 10 crapware: How to get rid of Candy Crush and all the rest," the author, Ed Bott, states that there are two options for avoiding crapware.

At present, I sign in on my PC with my personal Outlook.com credentials. My Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and so on) are all using my Office 365 account.

Because I have a Office 365 Business, I believe that the second option should work for me.

Can someone, please, translate that second option. What must I do?

:)

Stecyk, May 29, 2018

2. How can I avoid/delay the upgrade to Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to schedule the download for Windows 10 by following the steps below:

• Click on the notification and click on install.
    • In the next prompt you will get a checkbox to schedule the installation.
    • Tick the checkbox and schedule the time for installation.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 30, 2018
  3. Missing disc space, and crapware

Hi Marcin,

I apologize for the inconvenience.

You can run check disk and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

If you have issues with any apps, then you can remove by using PowerShell commands and re-install from the Store.

Open PowerShell, then type get-appxpackage *Microsoft.People* | remove-appxpackage

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 & Avoiding Crapware

1. Windows 10 & Avoiding Crapware - Similar Threads - Avoiding Crapware

2. I stupidly SPOOFED my HWID on pc to avoid being banned on a game. Now it says I need to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I stupidly SPOOFED my HWID on pc to avoid being banned on a game. Now it says I need to...: I have my windows 11 key and a gaming pc I just bought. Out of fear of being banned like the last time I did a permanent HWID spoof. Thinking I could revert back to my old HWID whenever I wanted. Now windows says “activate windows” on my desktop. Please help...
  3. I stupidly SPOOFED my HWID on pc to avoid being banned on a game. Now it says I need to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I stupidly SPOOFED my HWID on pc to avoid being banned on a game. Now it says I need to...: I have my windows 11 key and a gaming pc I just bought. Out of fear of being banned like the last time I did a permanent HWID spoof. Thinking I could revert back to my old HWID whenever I wanted. Now windows says “activate windows” on my desktop. Please help...
  4. Recently reinstalled a fresh version of Windows 10 to avoid bluescreens. Am getting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently reinstalled a fresh version of Windows 10 to avoid bluescreens. Am getting...: Hi I need advice on how to stop my PC from crashing. I have done memory tests to make sure my ram is okay. I used memtest64 and the windows memory test.As I said, this is a fresh version of windows 10 64 bit.My pc has a 1070Ti latest Geforce drivers, AMD 3700x, 16gb 3200Mhz...
  5. Recently reinstalled a fresh version of Windows 10 to avoid bluescreens. Am getting...

Recently reinstalled a fresh version of Windows 10 to avoid bluescreens. Am getting...: Hi I need advice on how to stop my PC from crashing. I have done memory tests to make sure my ram is okay. I used memtest64 and the windows memory test.As I said, this is a fresh version of windows 10 64 bit.My pc has a 1070Ti latest Geforce drivers, AMD 3700x, 16gb 3200Mhz...
  6. Recently reinstalled a fresh version of Windows 10 to avoid bluescreens. Am getting...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to avoid loop in start command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to avoid loop in start command: I do by error a program.bat which do "start cmd program.bat". How to limit the start in order to avoid an infinite loop ? Thank's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-avoid-loop-in-start-command/950a729b-39fe-41a3-93d0-e3b58a1801c0
  8. How to avoid loop in start command

How to avoid loop in start command: I do by error a program.bat which do "start cmd program.bat". How to limit the start in order to avoid an infinite loop ? Thank's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-avoid-loop-in-start-command/950a729b-39fe-41a3-93d0-e3b58a1801c0
  9. HOW TO AVOID UNWANTED UPDATES?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO AVOID UNWANTED UPDATES?: HOW TO AVOID UNWANTED UPDATES? MY COMPUTER DOESN'T SUPPORT WIN 11 AND I DON'T EVEN WANT TO INSTALL NEW UPDATES.Windows 10 pro Version 22H2Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-10100 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzRam: 16.0GBHD: 465 GBDEVICE ID: 87CF5103-D08E-47DD-B29E-4CF49B4F835APRODUCT ID:...
  10. HOW TO AVOID UNWANTED UPDATES?

HOW TO AVOID UNWANTED UPDATES?: HOW TO AVOID UNWANTED UPDATES? MY COMPUTER DOESN'T SUPPORT WIN 11 AND I DON'T EVEN WANT TO INSTALL NEW UPDATES.Windows 10 pro Version 22H2Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-10100 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzRam: 16.0GBHD: 465 GBDEVICE ID: 87CF5103-D08E-47DD-B29E-4CF49B4F835APRODUCT ID:...