Windows 10: Windows 10 B. 10586 Stuck on "Finalizing Your Settings"

Discus and support Windows 10 B. 10586 Stuck on "Finalizing Your Settings" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yo! I'm writing this before having to do a complete wipeout of my system Specs: Lenovo Y510p Hybrid HDD (Seagate) 1TB m.2 SSD (Trascend) 256GB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by superjose, Feb 4, 2016.

1. superjose Win User

Windows 10 B. 10586 Stuck on "Finalizing Your Settings"

Yo! I'm writing this before having to do a complete wipeout of my system

Specs:
    Lenovo Y510p
    Hybrid HDD (Seagate) 1TB
    m.2 SSD (Trascend) 256GB.

Story so far (Jump this in case you don't want to know the background):

So, since build 9841 I've been using Windows 10 Insider Preview (IP) as my mainly driver. Until the recent redstone builds, Visual Studio has been plagued with problems (From Windows Universal Apps Development to ASP.NET) . I've installed Windows 10 IP in the SSD and have been using it very happily since I've had no major issues, until the ones I've outlined before.

In my Hybrid HDD I had Windows 10 RTM (10586) installed and didn't use it for a quite while (3 months). When these problems rose, I decided to start using that partition again, but out of the blue it decided to start giving me some serious problems: mostly, the whole XAML interface (Start, Volumen, Sound, Battery, etc.) didn't show up. After trying some fixes (From reinstalling Windows Apps to Creating a separate user), I decide to refresh the bits. Unfortunately, even after refreshing my machine didn't fix the XAML interface problems and even worse: I got no possibility to run Universal Apps.

I went and ran some hard disk checkups, from both: the Lenovo Utility and CheckDisk and none threw an error.

The actual problem:
    Yesterday (Feb. 4) I decide to clean install Windows 10 Build 10586 64-bit in the Hybrid HDD partition (without deleting the OEM reserved spaces) and I'm stuck now on Finalizing the settings. Is there a way to fix it? Tried hitting Shift + F10, but in that specific screen it does not work. In previous screens there are no anomalies.

As last resort I must wipe out everything in both drives and start from zero. I would not like to do that, since Visual Studio is so painful to install (takes too darned long).

Is there a way to resort to an alternate method?

Thanks!

:)

superjose, Feb 4, 2016

2. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

@markus8814

Upon N97 Mini map data could be stored upon either mass memory or memory card with choice available within Nokia Maps application > Settings. Don't want you removing map data unnecessarily but you may possibly need to delete both E:\cities and F:\cities
    + .qf file and re-start Nokia Maps application to re-define necessary folder structure; it may help to set Nokia Maps "Online" and download a few kb's of map data via WLAN access point by zooming in to your current location and start again downloading maps
    to chosen destination.

aspergerguy, Feb 4, 2016
  3. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

Almost certainly as not enough free phone memory to store maps.

aspergerguy, Feb 4, 2016
  4. superjose Win User

Well then. It's not that I wanted to do that... I ended up wiping both Windows Installations. I'm back on RTM. What I can guess is that the OEM reserved partition got corrupted somehow and broke the Other OS.

Anyways, will install Insider Preview when things are going better.

superjose, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 B. 10586 Stuck on "Finalizing Your Settings" - Similar Threads - 10586 Stuck Finalizing

2. Windows 8.1 finalizing your setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 finalizing your setting: How long does finalizing your setting process take and is internet need during this finalizing process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-81-finalizing-your-setting/ca53fe60-9659-4ab1-9bee-84053be18808
  3. Windows 8.1 finalizing your setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 finalizing your setting: How long does finalizing your setting process take and is internet need during this finalizing process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-81-finalizing-your-setting/ca53fe60-9659-4ab1-9bee-84053be18808
  4. Stuck on" set your experience"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on" set your experience": hi guys, i have already tried updating my GPU to 452.06 im on the latest version even bought a new GPU to try to fix the problem.. but im still stuck in set your experience... someone able to help? I'm desperate. No idea what to do more.. also run it as an...
  5. Setting up Windows 10 stuck at verify your identity page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Setting up Windows 10 stuck at verify your identity page: Spouse just got a new computer, trying to set it up, and the verify your identity page to get the security code is stuck saying session has timed out and to restart the process. Cannot change screen or log in to windows, can't leave verify page at all - how do we restart the...
  6. th2_release Professional 10586 download stuck at 94%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    th2_release Professional 10586 download stuck at 94%: Hey all, I got home from work this morning and cracked open this laptop to update it, and at about the same time I went to PC via RC and started the update as well. I let both download and went to take a nap, after waking up I checked laptop and it was still downloading at...
  7. Avoid `finalizing your settings?`

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Avoid `finalizing your settings?`: Hi all! I stuck with an anoying problem and perhaps there is a solution or an other way to do it. The situation is as follows: i deploy windows 10 IoT from MDT server on s physical maschine. as next step i run a batch file which configurates the system and the new users....
  8. 10586

10586: I am not getting the fall update 10586 is this wait normal? 29848
  9. Windows 10 fails to update to version 1511 (10586), always gets stuck

Windows 10 fails to update to version 1511 (10586), always gets stuck: I have been trying for a full week now, to no avail. Whenever I apply the update, it goes to the "Restarting" screen...and gets stuck there indefinitely. Even after a few hours, it's still on that screen. So ultimately I have to force shutdown my PC (after which I can use it...
  10. Windows 10 x64 10586

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 x64 10586: Hi, Anybody know what KB 3118754 does? 30566