Windows 10: Windows 10 background and lock screen preview not working

Discus and support Windows 10 background and lock screen preview not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My background and lock screen preview in windows 10 setting doesn't appear when i change the picture. Anyone has a solution? Thanks a lot. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Huỳnh LânNguyễn, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 background and lock screen preview not working

My background and lock screen preview in windows 10 setting doesn't appear when i change the picture. Anyone has a solution? Thanks a lot.

Windows 10 background and lock screen preview not working 0478147d-3c1a-434e-b754-c89414248e9d?upload=true.png

:)

Huỳnh LânNguyễn, Aug 24, 2018

2. Lock screen background keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern about lock screen background, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the lock screen and check if it helps:

Change your lock screen background:

• Right click on Desktop, click on Personalization, and on
      Lock screen in the left pane.
    • Here, under Background (click on the drop down arrow) you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.
    • Select Windows Spotlight, lock the screen (Press Windows key + L) and check if it helps.
    • Also, you can select Picture, Choose your picture, lock the screen and check if the issue persists.

For more information refer: Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Can i have the same preview layout like window 10 slideshow lock screen on window 10 slideshow desktop background ?

Hi,

You can have the same preview layout for your lock screen and desktop background slideshow as long as the photos are saved on the same folder. To change the desktop background picture to slideshow, please follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background, choose Slideshow.
    • Click on Browse, and then navigate to your slideshow folder that you have created to specify the directory.
    • Set the time interval. Under Change picture every choose your time preference of between 1 minute and 1 day.

After customizing the desktop background, you'll need to configure the lock screen slideshow settings too. Follow the steps given on this article and select the same slideshow folder:

Personalize your lock screen

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Windows 10 background and lock screen preview not working

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 background and lock screen preview not working

1. Windows 10 background and lock screen preview not working - Similar Threads - background lock screen

2. Windows Spotlight works for background but not lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight works for background but not lock screen: I'm using Windows 11. Windows spotlight for lock screen stopped working at some point and shows the default blue wallpaper. I tried all the solutions that I could find online but to no avail.Recently I saw the Windows Spotlight option for background and it works.Everything is...
  3. Windows Spotlight works for background but not lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight works for background but not lock screen: I'm using Windows 11. Windows spotlight for lock screen stopped working at some point and shows the default blue wallpaper. I tried all the solutions that I could find online but to no avail.Recently I saw the Windows Spotlight option for background and it works.Everything is...
  4. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.: Hello everyone.I have acer laptop, and unfortunately, the lock screen background for pictures is not working, the windows spotlight is working while the slideshow or picture just shows a blacked-out screen. Please let me know how it can be fixed....
  5. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.: Hello everyone.I have acer laptop, and unfortunately, the lock screen background for pictures is not working, the windows spotlight is working while the slideshow or picture just shows a blacked-out screen. Please let me know how it can be fixed....
  6. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen background: hello, I set a custom lock screen and when booting up my PC crashed. when it restarted the lock screen became the default windows lock screen is this a bug or is it supposed to happen...
  8. Lock Screen Background Preview Stuck on Loading

Lock Screen Background Preview Stuck on Loading: Hi, I'm Arda. I want to change lock screen background but it's still loading on preview and I can't change it. Please help me fix the problem. Thank you....
  9. lock screen background

lock screen background: My lock screen background is not updating even on windows spotlight mode and is stuck on the same background from the last days. This problem occurred sometime ago also, so at that time i changed the settings from windows spotlight to pictures mode, then again to windows...
  10. Windows Lock screen background

Windows Lock screen background: In PERSONALISATION I have the Lock Screen background set to 'Windows spotlight' but I just get the standard background looking out of a cave at two rocks in the sea. Why don't I get the changing backgrounds that I have to 'Like'? I did find the pictures themselves with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lock screen not working

2. windows 10 preview screen not working

3. background screen not loading windows 10

4. lockscreen background preview not working