Windows 10: Windows 10 Backup system

Discus and support Windows 10 Backup system in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Today I thought that I would give Windows 10 backup a try. I thought that it would be quite simple but that was being a bit optimistic I think. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Bluenose1940, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Backup system

Today I thought that I would give Windows 10 backup a try. I thought that it would be quite simple but that was being a bit optimistic I think.

When I click on 'Add a Drive' I only get one drive showing and therefore I can't see the drive that I want to backup and neither can I see a drive that I want to backup to.

I have 4 drives on my pc. There is the SSD with my O/S on it, the original HDD that was in the pc when I bought it, which I now use for all my data etc and, I have two free standing drives that I use for backup purposes.

I use Macrium for my backups but, I wanted to try the Windows version and really would like to get it working properly if possible.

Any thoughts anyone. Many thanks.

:)

Bluenose1940, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Geekoid Win User

Windows 10 Backup system

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Backup system

1. Windows 10 Backup system - Similar Threads - Backup system

2. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  3. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  4. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  5. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  6. Don't You Wish Windows Had New Additional Type of Backup System First of It's Kind Most...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't You Wish Windows Had New Additional Type of Backup System First of It's Kind Most...: Hi, Microsoft friends. Don't you wish also, Windows has this new kind of backup system: I wish there was a backup system wherein it's connected to Microsoft DISM feature, as it restores things it replaces the corrupted files. It clones it or images it but it doesn't restore...
  7. Don't You Wish Windows Had New Additional Type of Backup System First of It's Kind Most...

Don't You Wish Windows Had New Additional Type of Backup System First of It's Kind Most...: Hi, Microsoft friends. Don't you wish also, Windows has this new kind of backup system: I wish there was a backup system wherein it's connected to Microsoft DISM feature, as it restores things it replaces the corrupted files. It clones it or images it but it doesn't restore...
  8. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....
  9. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....
  10. How can I backup my system and files ?

How can I backup my system and files ?: I'm got a new Windows 11 computer.So,I need to backup my Windows 10 system and files. But I CANNOT find any backup tools in my Windows 10 Settings .There is a backup tool in the control panel,but it only for Windows 7.It DON'T work on Windows 11 and 10. I HOPE Microsoft will...