Windows 10: Windows 10 backup using a batch file

Discus and support Windows 10 backup using a batch file in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello I hope someone can help. We use a script which runs a batch file to backup laptops at the company I work at. To get it to work in Windows 7 we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Djbourno, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Djbourno Win User

Windows 10 backup using a batch file

Hello I hope someone can help.
    We use a script which runs a batch file to backup laptops at the company I work at. To get it to work in Windows 7 we just add the user to the backup operators group.
    We have just started a few people with Windows 10. Set them up in the same way.
    C:\Data"contains batch file"
    Desktop "contains script"
    User added to the backup operators group.

However the backup doesn't run we get an access error which in Windows 7 always meant the user wasn't in the backup operators group. This is either running the script or the batch file directly.

Edit: this fails if the user is a standard user or an Administrator.

The batch file will run fine if we right click and "run as administrator".

UAC is switched off.

Is there any other changes permissions wise we need to make?

Thanks in advance

:)

Djbourno, Mar 27, 2017
  2. Cyndre Win User

Configuring a batch file for use in backups

I have tried the /Exclude: things and all have not worked...

Originally, there was just the file name, xclud.txt.

Then, I put directory.

Lastly, I put all of this in quotes.

At every point an error occurred.

Cyndre, Mar 27, 2017
  3. Configuring a batch file for use in backups

Hi Cyndre,

Your question regarding backup is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It is best suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet. Please post your question in our
    Microsoft TechNet forums.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Mar 27, 2017
  4. Kyhi Win User

Since you have UAC turn off add this to the top of your batch file

Code: set "params=%*" setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion cd /d "%~dp0" && ( if exist "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" ) && fsutil dirty query %systemdrive% 1>nul 2>nul || ( echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) : UAC.ShellExecute "cmd.exe", "/k cd ""%~sdp0"" && %~s0 %params%", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" && "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" && exit /B ) %windir%\system32\reg.exe query "HKU\S-1-5-19" 1>nul 2>nul || ( echo ============================================================ echo ERROR: Run The Script As Administrator. echo ============================================================ echo. echo. echo Press any key to exit... pause >nul goto :eof )[/quote] the ERROR message is there just in case, although batch will start / run as admin

Thema:

1. Windows 10 backup using a batch file - Similar Threads - backup using batch

2. Windows Batch File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Batch File: I am performing a backup using xcopy with /e/y/d. One folder is giving me a problem. The source looks like this: Level 1 ----------...
  3. Windows Batch File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Batch File: I am performing a backup using xcopy with /e/y/d. One folder is giving me a problem. The source looks like this: Level 1 ----------...
  4. Windows Batch File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Batch files for use in BSOD debugging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Batch files for use in BSOD debugging: [img] Warning This thread is for use by the BSOD team ONLY, to store batch files that can be used to collect additional data, fix settings or anything else that is useful in debugging BSOD problems in Windows 10. [img] Information The way I see it working is the first post...
  6. Create batch files with Batch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  7. Windows 10 backup using File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 backup using File History: I'm trying to set up Windows 10 bckup using File History. It won't let me add folders under C:/users/public for the backup. Any idea why/ how to do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-backup-using-file-history/8564780f-eded-40b6-b0d8-029789033448
  8. Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD: I have a Windows application that when launched with the Task Scheduler on start up does not have focus (i.e. I cannot execute keyboard commands in the application until I click the application into focus). Focus is on the Desktop. The application is started through Task...
  9. Bypass UAC in Windows 10 to run a backup job using batch file.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bypass UAC in Windows 10 to run a backup job using batch file.: Hi Everyone, This is my first posting on this forum, so please bear with me if I may have inadvertently not followed all the rules although I did try. I have a need to run a backup job at logoff/shutdown using the Genie Backup Software. The code in the batch file to...
  10. Size of backup file using Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Size of backup file using Windows Backup: I have an HP a6547c desktop that has gone from Vista to Windows 8.1 and finally to Windows 10. Attached is a Western Digital 1TB external hard drive that was wiped clean. I started the Windows Backup program (worried at first when it said Backup Win 7) and after a number of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup batch file windows 10

2. backup.bat win 10

3. backup remote location windows batch file

4. \\v11.med.va.gov\IND\Public\Win 10 Backup.bat,
  5. image backup using windows batch file,
  6. backup registry with batch file,
  7. windows backup scripts batch,
  8. xcopy backup script windows 10 batch file,
  9. windows backup batch file,
  10. batch files for backup,
  11. batch file backup script windows 10