Windows 10: Windows 10 "bad_system_config_info" BSOD

Discus and support Windows 10 "bad_system_config_info" BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys! Very helpful forum, been reading a lot. tl;dr - My Hard drive letters changed over the course of the night and now my computer can't boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jazz Iguana, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Windows 10 "bad_system_config_info" BSOD

Hey guys! Very helpful forum, been reading a lot.

tl;dr - My Hard drive letters changed over the course of the night and now my computer can't boot the OS properly.

So let me start by saying i had issues with Windows 10 since day 1, i made a previous post detailing this about a week ago. (Windows 10 fiasco from hell - Windows 10 Forums)

The problems i had subsided after a reinstall....Until recently. Didn't make any drastic system changes or anything out of the ordinary, just played some games and watched some youtube...Went to bed with my computer still running. woke up, noticed my computer was still on. usually it shuts off after 30 minutes...thought that was a bit weird.

Something happened in that time i left my computer running. It had literally changed everything that was on my "C:" hard drive (The HD my OS is installed on) to a different drive letter. as you can see in the pic below. Now my OS is somewhere completely different rendering my OS and my computer useless.

As you can see - My ORIGINAL C: drive (with my OS) is now labeled G: and now something else is taking its place. and i have no idea what the system reserved drive is. the F: drive is my 2nd HD with all my game data.
    Attachment 33665

Troubleshooting i've tried so far:

EVERYTHING.

- I tried the chkdsk, found errors, tried doing repairs - HD is write protected. also tried a few other known error checking commands (sfc scan now) and none of them worked. most of them i couldn't even get to start.

- Tried doing an auto fix. computer just restarts over and over trying to fix.

- Tried recovering from restore point - guess what? windows 10, yet again, deleted a restore point i made just a week ago...or it can't access it.

- Tried using the usb i used to re-install windows 10 a week ago. It kept giving me errors over and over telling me to do a startup repair or try the recovery options.

My point is i TRIED all the well known recovery options and ALL of them failed or the recovery options themselves prevent me from doing anything. So the only thing i can possibly think of is windows 10....for whatever reason...decided to change my HD's path.

i'm really hoping someone on here, more technically inclined than me, can show me an easy command prompt fix or a well known solution to this problem would be IMMENSELY appreciated. As of right now, my $1200 computer is trashed.

:)

Jazz Iguana, Aug 24, 2015
  2. tm610c Win User

BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO and Critical_process_died

Hi Allan Mej,

After the Critical_Process_Died BSOD,
    I try boot to safe mode Critical_Process_Died. Next I have rename the .old
    file and undo the thing so I get BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO again.

Then i have try the following:

I try boot to safe mode , BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

I try fix the bcd file by

An Error occur fail at first. After active the correct partition, I
    rebuild the bcd file, also BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

I try Automatic Repair unknown problem

I try un-plug the HDD sata cable, BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO
    ( of course)

I try bcdedit /deletevalue {default} truncatememory,
    Element not find ( show on the cmd)

what can i do next? I can still access the HDD and backup the data (which I have done) though a other windows. Can I fix the Windows
    Registry somehow?

tm610c, Aug 24, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 24, 2015
  4. Windows 10 "bad_system_config_info" BSOD

Did you ever get a solution for this? I'm in the exact same boat. Have searched hours on end for several days but nothing has worked. In my case, I think my C drive was changed to D and the recovery drive is now C. But I also have Windows 7 on a separate drive that had continued to function properly until this 'bad system config' issue, not I can't boot to that drive either. The ONLY changes that have been made to my pic in the last week were the latest Windows 10 insider build downloaded and installed (I would NOT have installed it but was given no indication this was an Insider Build, it just said it was a Windows update!) and a few days later I installed Norton Security. But I booted the pic & used it just fine several times since both were installed.

ImStillaYankee, Sep 6, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 "bad_system_config_info" BSOD

1. Windows 10 "bad_system_config_info" BSOD - Similar Threads - bad_system_config_info BSOD

2. BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.: Hi, I started up my computer today and i got BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM-CONFIG-INFO. I've tried all the options to troubleshoot and fix the problem, with them all saying I need to free up space on the drive where Windows is installed, but I can't free up space if I can't...
  3. BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.: Hi, I started up my computer today and i got BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM-CONFIG-INFO. I've tried all the options to troubleshoot and fix the problem, with them all saying I need to free up space on the drive where Windows is installed, but I can't free up space if I can't...
  4. I have gotten a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSOD on loop, and I'm out of luck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have gotten a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSOD on loop, and I'm out of luck: Hello,Recently I modified the number of processors in msconfig because I heard it would speed up games. However, I unchecked the box, and restarted to two BSODs before an Automatic Repair.So far I have tried:System Restore nopeSafe Mode nope, BSODOpening msconfig from the...
  5. I have gotten a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSOD on loop, and I'm out of luck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have gotten a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSOD on loop, and I'm out of luck: Hello,Recently I modified the number of processors in msconfig because I heard it would speed up games. However, I unchecked the box, and restarted to two BSODs before an Automatic Repair.So far I have tried:System Restore nopeSafe Mode nope, BSODOpening msconfig from the...
  6. I have gotten a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSOD on loop, and I'm out of luck

7. BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Hello, I came to this platform to ask for help because I am having trouble with my computer. Basically, it's stuck on a BSOD Loop, specifically BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. I have watched YouTube videos, looked at other threads, and scoured a large amount of websites to find a...
  8. BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Hello, I came to this platform to ask for help because I am having trouble with my computer. Basically, it's stuck on a BSOD Loop, specifically BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. I have watched YouTube videos, looked at other threads, and scoured a large amount of websites to find a...
  9. BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 10 bsod bad_system_config_info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 bsod bad_system_config_info: Alright so basically the other day I turned on my computer and it went to the sign in screen and when I tried to sign in it gave me an error about access being denied or something and I googled it and people said restart you pc and it will fix it so I did and I got in a...