Windows 10: Windows 10 believes it is not on the network.

Discus and support Windows 10 believes it is not on the network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - I've had troubles with Windows 10 since I upgraded from windows 7. I did a clean install of Windows 7 and then updated it .. then I let the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tkhula, Feb 22, 2016.

1. tkhula Win User

Windows 10 believes it is not on the network.

Hi - I've had troubles with Windows 10 since I upgraded from windows 7. I did a clean install of Windows 7 and then updated it .. then I let the Windows 10 upgrade roll. Everything mostly works. The problems is the word MOSTLY.
    the dingbats at Microsoft are seriously useless. I am writing this note on the system that is affected. Unfortunately for me I'm involved in a major project and have tons of specialized software installed and do not have the hours and days necessary to wipe all out and start over. I am trying desperately to preserve my installed software. Files are backed up but the installs are all registered and let me tell you some of them are truly a pain to move or reinstall due to ignorant license issues. SO.. can anyone help?
    This is the exact issue: Windows firmly believes that it is not online. I have the cute little computer icon with a BANG on it. BUT I'm online right now. The Windows Store is unavailable ( I'm not online remember ? ) The Windows Search is useless ( don't much care about that ) Edge is non functional. Firefox and Chrome work fine. If I click on Network and Sharing center - I get : The dependency service or group failed to start.
    I've combed through my services and they all look like they are functional. Can post the list if anyone wants to double check it.
    Ideas and suggestions that don't involve : Start Over would be really appreciated.
    Thanks.

:)

tkhula, Feb 22, 2016

2. windows 10 is not seeing the network card. It is visible in Device Manaager. All drivers up-dated. No biding of ip addresses. Totally invisible.

Hi, after an update my internet vanished! Checked device manager it was visible, checked drivers all working. Ran troubleshooter couldn't find thee problem came out with the remark it may be the device driver. Thats what it keeps saying. Disconnected card
    from the bios. Plugged in usb network card. The same remark - it may be the device driver! All firewalls are off. I've booted into safe mode. The same results! Device manager present the reset of the computer - invisible. I've tried all the standard netsh
    commands - nothing. When I issue the command netsh show interfaces it ssays there are none. Device manager says there is! I hope there is somebody out there can give me a clue as to what direction Ineed to go. I forgotto mentionI have an Asus maximus IX hero
    motherboard with the latest bios 0906. Thank you for any help.

Kieran

johnkflynn, Feb 22, 2016
  3. windows 10 is not seeing the network card. It is visible in Device Manaager. All drivers up-dated. No biding of ip addresses. Totally invisible.

Hi Both Julie and Greg,

Thank you for your interest and suggestions. Very late last night I discovered what the problem was. I ran a virtual machine using VMware Windows 7. It booted up and the network card was recognised and I was able to go onto the internet. I now knew it wasn't
    the card. I looked at the Ethernet properties of the card and there were only 4 items listed TCP/ip4v etc.

I then closed down the virtual machine and looked at the Ethernet properties of the card under Win 10. There many more items in the Ethernet properties box and I un-ticked this one Jump Start Wireless Filter Driver and Wow I had the network
    and internet back. I must have looked at this item's box 100 times! If only I had read it! Thanks to both of you. I will now mark this as solved.

Kieran

John KFlynn, Feb 22, 2016
  4. Windows 10 believes it is not on the network.

nigelmercier, Feb 22, 2016
  5. tkhula Win User
    I think I tried this already but I'll go through it really quick and let you know. Thx.

tkhula, Feb 22, 2016
  6. tkhula Win User
    Nope.. did not work. Whatever it is supposed to reset or reinstall after the PATH fails. It doesn't say what it is. Same result for both IPV4 and IPV6 .. and yes I always run command prompt as administrator.. just easier that way.
    However, my ipconfig shows ipaddresses but then has a tunneling adaptor with "media disconnected". I have attached my services list if you want to see it. (this is post re-boot)

services.txt

Oh and if anyone cares the build is: 10.0.10586

tkhula, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 believes it is not on the network.

1. Windows 10 believes it is not on the network. - Similar Threads - believes network

2. I believe I been hacked also

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I believe I been hacked also: I have been battling a hacker for many months I believe. They have drove my son from his brand new home and now I’m staying here paying his mortgage for past 5 months. I didn’t believe him at first but now not so sure. I would factory reset the router almost every day. Use...
  3. I believe I been hacked also

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I believe I been hacked also: I have been battling a hacker for many months I believe. They have drove my son from his brand new home and now I’m staying here paying his mortgage for past 5 months. I didn’t believe him at first but now not so sure. I would factory reset the router almost every day. Use...
  4. I believe there is virus in my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I believe there is virus in my PC: Hey guys I have been getting a cmd prompt pop up. The directory is appdata folder but i don't know what folder in appdata, in the box they type a "." and the cmd prompt goes away instantly before I get to screenshot it. I know the virus I have is some sort of screen...
  5. I believe there is virus in my PC

I believe there is virus in my PC: Hey guys I have been getting a cmd prompt pop up. The directory is appdata folder but i don't know what folder in appdata, in the box they type a "." and the cmd prompt goes away instantly before I get to screenshot it. I know the virus I have is some sort of screen...
  6. I believe I am talking to a microsoft employee. could you verify. ID MS6507 Logan Cull?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I believe I am talking to a microsoft employee. could you verify. ID MS6507 Logan Cull?: I believe I am talking to a microsoft employee. could you verify. ID MS6507 Logan Cull? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-believe-i-am-talking-to-a-microsoft-employee/20cf1cf1-35d5-4c08-90d7-ea5738c77c3e
  7. I believe I am talking to a microsoft employee. could you verify. ID MS6507 Logan Cull?

I believe I am talking to a microsoft employee. could you verify. ID MS6507 Logan Cull?: I believe I am talking to a microsoft employee. could you verify. ID MS6507 Logan Cull? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-believe-i-am-talking-to-a-microsoft-employee/20cf1cf1-35d5-4c08-90d7-ea5738c77c3e
  8. I believe my exboyfriend installed malware on my laptop when I purchased it, he set it up...

I believe my exboyfriend installed malware on my laptop when I purchased it, he set it up...: How to remove all apps on laptop except for the apps that come with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-believe-my-exboyfriend-installed-malware-on-my/6fa50e01-4746-4a2c-bffd-d3db723a5038
  9. I can't connect to the Epic games network or EA origin networks I believe these are connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't connect to the Epic games network or EA origin networks I believe these are connected: Hi, I'm having trouble actually identifying what my issue is, i cannot connect to the Epic games launcher or Ea origin servers. This is an issue with my PC as i can login to epic games on my laptop. This issue first started with the epic games error about 2 years ago, i...
  10. I believer we are being lead like sheep when it comes to networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I believer we are being lead like sheep when it comes to networking: So I assume if you are reading this 50% you're like hey but I know all about wans and 192 ips and how to pick a channel and such , but hey come on lets face it , can you really tell you have an optimized network ? you are utilizing the correct feature for your modem part /...