Windows 10: Windows 10 `Big' taskbar - unlock not available

Discus and support Windows 10 `Big' taskbar - unlock not available in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to fix a task bar that is occupying one third of the screen. In the right click context menu only four commands are displayed; Show app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MalcolmW, Aug 11, 2016.

1. MalcolmW Win User

Windows 10 `Big' taskbar - unlock not available

I am trying to fix a task bar that is occupying one third of the screen. In the right click context menu only four commands are displayed; Show app icons; Show all notification items; Show touch keyboard button and Show language switcher. Other commands,expected, such as Lock the task bar and Properties are not displayed. I want to check if the task bar is locked as it cannot be clicked and dragged, with the double-headed cursor, to a normal size or to the sides and top of the screen.

Is there an alternate way to check if the task bar is locked or unlocked?

:)

MalcolmW, Aug 11, 2016
  2. Wilf.T Win User

Taskbar size in Windows10

I do 'Lock' the TaskBar to no avail. Have been since I have owned the machine.

To reset the computer I 'right click' on TaskBar, 'unlock' and make the change to TaskBar size, and then 'right click' on TaskBar and then click on 'Lock the Taskbar. The windoze 10 system continues to reset the size of the TaskBar at will at random times.

It's driving me up the wall.

Wilf.T, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 keeps moving taskbar, even if locked

Exactly the same problem here. I have a laptop but 99% of the time I use it with a big secondary screen plugged in. I always want the task bar at the bottom of the secondary screen but Windows 10 is consistently moving the task bar back to the bottom of
    the laptop screen. Windows 7 could handle this just fine, in fact in Windows 7 I could hibernate my old laptop at home, take it into work, plug it into the big screen there, bring it out of hibernation and the task bar would still be on the big screen.

Furthermore, I have my task bar set to double height, I hate Windows combining taskbar buttons and two rows gives enough room that it pretty much never has to. However, in Windows 10 when I drag my double height taskbar from the laptop screen to the big
    screen it inexplicably switches to being single height! This worked fine in Windows 7.

Honestly, Windows 10 is full of things like this. It might not sound like much but when every single time I move my laptop between work and home (ie every twice every day, once each way), or the screen turns off due to inaction, I need to unlock, move the
    taskbar, resize it, lock it again... It must add up to hours every year, hours I didn't lose with Windows 7.

David Brennan, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

You are in "Tablet Mode"

Tablet Mode - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Edwin, Aug 11, 2016
  5. MalcolmW Win User
    MalcolmW, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 `Big' taskbar - unlock not available - Similar Threads - `Big' taskbar unlock

2. Unlocked Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlocked Taskbar?: Using Windows 11 Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621Hello, I want to unlock my taskbar from the bottom and move it to the left of my screen, but I cannot do that anymore. I attempted to use a third party patch for Explorer Explorer Patcher, but that only works to move my taskbar...
  3. Unlocked Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlocked Taskbar?: Using Windows 11 Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621Hello, I want to unlock my taskbar from the bottom and move it to the left of my screen, but I cannot do that anymore. I attempted to use a third party patch for Explorer Explorer Patcher, but that only works to move my taskbar...
  4. the taskbar is small not big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the taskbar is small not big: my computer will not get the taskbar to go big https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-taskbar-is-small-not-big/af691523-0013-4bab-bdb5-4a5e05d24ecc
  5. the taskbar is small not big

the taskbar is small not big: my computer will not get the taskbar to go big https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-taskbar-is-small-not-big/af691523-0013-4bab-bdb5-4a5e05d24ecc
  6. unlock and move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock and move the taskbar: is there any way to unlock and move the taskbar? I don't see the option on the taskbar tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-and-move-the-taskbar/735ee1c1-fedc-4899-b2f2-24286e0be5d8
  7. Windows 11 Taskbar unlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar unlock: Hello,How do I unlock the taskbar in Windows 11?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-taskbar-unlock/d768c78d-b38f-4d96-bc99-e23e95f901e6
  8. Windows 11 Taskbar unlock

Windows 11 Taskbar unlock: Hello,How do I unlock the taskbar in Windows 11?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-taskbar-unlock/d768c78d-b38f-4d96-bc99-e23e95f901e6
  9. Lock or Unlock Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock or Unlock Taskbar: Windows - 10 -- What are the consequences of locking or unlocking the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-or-unlock-taskbar/b8e9ee84-49db-4584-aecf-7455261db846
  10. Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Lock or Unlock the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open, and...