Windows 10: Windows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working.

Discus and support Windows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Detailed Case Information: I have Windows 10 and BitLocker enabled. HDD, Seagate 3TB, partitioned into 5 drives. I did this mistake, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jillianwyatt, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working.

Hi,

Detailed Case Information:
    I have Windows 10 and BitLocker enabled.

HDD, Seagate 3TB, partitioned into 5 drives.

I did this mistake, I created a bootable USB by easy bcd and tested on host window during boot. Reached to the point where windows setup asks for disk selection, I clicked on the drive(setup says drive encrypted and can't continue) but didn't go further.

Then I boot nothing shows up.

Tried to connect 3tb hard to another PC to unlock drive but it's not accepting correct password and recovery key.

I made windows image before encryption. After restoring that 2nd and 4th drives are not accessible, 5th is formatted and 3rd drive data is intact with minor data loss.

I ran testdisk-7.0 and found no drive in the quick search. The log file is pasted below.
    Fri Jul 1 23:56:11 2016
    Command line: TestDisk

TestDisk 7.0, Data Recovery Utility, April 2015
    Christophe GRENIER <grenier@cgsecurity.org>
    CGSecurity - Data recovery: TestDisk PhotoRec
    Compiler: GCC 4.8, Cygwin 1007.34
    Compilation date: 2015-04-18T13:01:55
    ext2fs lib: 1.42.8, ntfs lib: 10:0:0, reiserfs lib: 0.3.1-rc8, ewf lib: 20120504, curses lib: ncurses 5.9
    disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(/dev/sda)=2199023255552
    disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(/dev/sdb)=801567145984
    disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(\\.\PhysicalDrive0)=2199023255552
    disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(\\.\PhysicalDrive1)=801567145984
    disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(\\.\CWindows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working. :)=536481890304
    filewin32_getfilesize(\\.\DWindows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working. :) GetFileSize err Incorrect function.

filewin32_setfilepointer(\\.\DWindows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working. :) SetFilePointer err Incorrect function.

Warning: can't get size for \\.\D:
    filewin32_getfilesize(\\.\EWindows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working. :) GetFileSize err Incorrect function.

filewin32_setfilepointer(\\.\EWindows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working. :) SetFilePointer err Incorrect function.

Warning: can't get size for \\.\E:
    disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(\\.\FWindows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working. :)=1232570679296
    disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(\\.\GWindows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working. :)=801564000256
    disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(\\.\HWindows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working. :)=214748364800
    disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(\\.\IWindows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working. :)=214746267648
    Hard disk list
    Disk /dev/sda - 2199 GB / 2048 GiB - CHS 267349 255 63, sector size=512
    Disk /dev/sdb - 801 GB / 746 GiB - CHS 97451 255 63, sector size=512
    Drive C: - 536 GB / 499 GiB - CHS 65223 255 63, sector size=512
    Drive F: - 1232 GB / 1147 GiB - CHS 149851 255 63, sector size=512
    Drive G: - 801 GB / 746 GiB - CHS 97451 255 63, sector size=512
    Drive H: - 214 GB / 200 GiB - CHS 26108 255 63, sector size=512
    Drive I: - 214 GB / 199 GiB - CHS 26108 255 63, sector size=512

Partition table type default to None
    Drive F: - 1232 GB / 1147 GiB
    Partition table type: Intel

Analyse Drive F: - 1232 GB / 1147 GiB - CHS 149851 255 63
    Current partition structure:

Partition sector doesn't have the endmark 0xAA55

search_part()
    Drive F: - 1232 GB / 1147 GiB - CHS 149851 255 63

Results

interface_write()

No partition found or selected for recovery
    simulate write!

write_mbr_i386: starting...
    Store new MBR code
    write_all_log_i386: starting...
    No extended partition

TestDisk exited normally.

Note:

How I can repair BitLocker/boot sector on 2nd drive?

Thanking you anticipation.

:)

jillianwyatt, Jul 1, 2016
  2. CraigLong Win User

Bit Locker disable problem

To my knowledge Bitlocker is compatible on all Windows PCs. Exception: If you protected a drive with the new Bitlocker encryption on Windows 10 then you cannot unlock it on a Windows 7 PC. I can open my Bitlocker protected drives on other Windows 10 PCs.
    But I choose to protect them with a password since I don't have the TPM chip in my PCs and I use
    Bitlocker to Go for removable drives.

When you are finished with a drive protected by bitlocker you don't lock it before powering down or removing it. Bitlocker is not available on Windows 10 Home so maybe you can't open it on a Home edition PC (not sure about that).

This is a good reference:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/192894/how-to-set-up-bitlocker-encryption-on-windows/

CraigLong, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

BitLocker Drive Encryption comes with Windows 10 by default. You don't have to purchase it.

BitLocker Drive Encryption is one of the best security tools of Windows operating system. This feature of
    Windows 10 safeguards your stored data in fixed or removable drives of your storage system. When you turn on
    BitLocker it saves data on any drive and encrypt it automatically. When you encrypt
    drive, it protects everything with passwords on that drive whether it is file or document. In today’s
    Windows 10 tutorial, we will take you through Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker process with
    BitLocker which will support your system in protecting its data.

Get Into BitLocker Drive Encryption Window in Windows 10
    To Encrypt Drive Partition using Bitlocker you need to access BitLocker Encryption Window First. For this,

• Open Cortana Search.

• Type BitLocker in the search field.

• And in the search results select Manage BitLocker option.

Windows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working. [​IMG]

• BitLocker
      Drive Encryption window pops up on your screen.

Get back to us if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Yaqub K, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working.

1. Windows 10 bitlocker protected drive is not working. - Similar Threads - bitlocker protected drive

2. The drive protected by Bitlocker is already unlocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The drive protected by Bitlocker is already unlocked: Hi,I get the "The drive protected by Bitlocker is already unlocked" message trying to open a drive that looks locked but its not.If I right click the drive and select "Open in new window" the drive opens in a new window.So it is unlocked, but File Explorer think it is...
  3. The drive protected by Bitlocker is already unlocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The drive protected by Bitlocker is already unlocked: Hi,I get the "The drive protected by Bitlocker is already unlocked" message trying to open a drive that looks locked but its not.If I right click the drive and select "Open in new window" the drive opens in a new window.So it is unlocked, but File Explorer think it is...
  4. Working with an existing Bitlocker-protected external drive on Windows 11 Home - will new...

Working with an existing Bitlocker-protected external drive on Windows 11 Home - will new...: Question:Computers running Windows 11 Home can access external data drives that were previously encrypted/protected using Bitlocker on another machine.But will *new* data that is written to the external Bitlocker-encrypted/protected drive by the Windows 11 Home computer also...
  5. Bitlock drive protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlock drive protection: I removed a boot drive to recover my lost emails and was prompted to enter the bitlock key. which I don’t have. I wasn’t aware there was any protection installed. Otherwise I wouldn’t have started. So after reinserting the drive back into the original laptop, the boot...
  6. Bitlock drive protection

Bitlock drive protection: I removed a boot drive to recover my lost emails and was prompted to enter the bitlock key. which I don’t have. I wasn’t aware there was any protection installed. Otherwise I wouldn’t have started. So after reinserting the drive back into the original laptop, the boot...
  7. "the operating system drive is not protected by bitlocker drive encryption"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "the operating system drive is not protected by bitlocker drive encryption": Hi. My pc has 8 drives attached to it. A: sata ssd B: usb C: m2 nvme E: m2 nvme U: sata ssd W: usb X: sata hdd Y: sata hdd E, U X and Y are bitlocked. I wanted to turn on the auto-unlock feature, which worked fine except for drive E, which give the error,...
  8. How to Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drives in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]On BitLocker-supported editions of Windows 10, you can temporarily suspend or pause BitLocker protection for an unlocked drive encrypted using BitLocker. For example, if you need to install new software that BitLocker might otherwise block, you can suspend...
  9. Windows 10 won't read my bitlocker protected thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't read my bitlocker protected thumb drive: I use my USB flash drive at work all the time so I know it works fine. Windows 10 used to read it fine, but stopped about a week or so ago. Now when I select it from the file explorer it either says it is not accessible, access denied, or tries to open Ad-Adware. I can reach...
  10. Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10: How to: Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10 How to Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker wont turn off